It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
First of all I'd like to say anyone who believed this dossier was in any way reliable is pretty dense to begin with. But here we are finding out the firm behind it, Fusion GPS, is nothing more than a democratic opposition research firm that is stonewalling congressional investigators.

A secretive Washington firm that commissioned the dubious intelligence dossier on Donald Trump is stonewalling congressional investigators trying to learn more about its connections to the Democratic Party.

The Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this month threatened to subpoena the firm, Fusion GPS, after it refused to answer questions and provide records to the panel identifying who financed the error-ridden dossier...

I'll give you one guess who financed it........

So who runs this firm?

Fusion GPS describes itself as a “research and strategic intelligence firm” founded by “three former Wall Street Journal investigative reporters.” But congressional sources says it’s actually an opposition-research group for Democrats, and the founders, who are more political activists than journalists, have a pro-Hillary, anti-Trump agenda.

In 2012, Democrats hired Fusion GPS to uncover dirt on GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. And in 2015, Democrat ally Planned Parenthood retained Fusion GPS to investigate pro-life activists protesting the abortion group.

Derp.

In September 2016, while Fusion GPS was quietly shopping the dirty dossier on Trump around Washington, its co-founder and partner Peter R. Fritsch contributed at least $1,000 to the Hillary Victory Fund and the Hillary For America campaign, Federal Election Commission data show. His wife also donated money to Hillary’s campaign.

Property records show that in June 2016, as Clinton allies bankrolled Fusion GPS, Fritsch bought a six-bedroom, five-bathroom home in Bethesda, Md., for $2.3 million.

More pay to play.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is also investigating whether the FBI has wrongly relied on the anti-Trump dossier and its author, Christopher Steele — the old spy who was hired by Fusion GPS to build a Russia file on Trump — to aid its ongoing espionage investigation into the Trump campaign and its possible ties to Moscow.

The FBI received a copy of the Democrat-funded dossier in August, during the heat of the campaign, and is said to have contracted in October to pay Steele $50,000 to help corroborate the dirt on Trump — a relationship that “raises substantial questions about the independence” of the bureau in investigating Trump, warned Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa.

Senate investigators are demanding to see records of communications between Fusion GPS and the FBI and the Justice Department, including any contacts with former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, now under congressional investigation for possibly obstructing the Hillary Clinton email probe, and deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, who is under investigation by the Senate and the Justice inspector general for failing to recuse himself despite financial and political connections to the Clinton campaign through his Democrat activist wife. Senate investigators have singled out McCabe as the FBI official who negotiated with Steele.

So it looks like just about everybody in Washington is now "under investigation" . Dirt balls all around. I predict none will go down.

But lets look at Mr. Steels work on the dossier because we still have people here that swear that thing is real.

Steele hadn’t worked in Moscow since the 1990s and didn’t actually travel there to gather intelligence on Trump firsthand. He relied on third-hand “friend of friend” sourcing. In fact, most of his claimed Russian sources spoke not directly to him but “in confidence to a trusted compatriot” who, in turn, spoke to Steele — and always anonymously.

But his main source may have been Google. Most of the information branded as “intelligence” was merely rehashed from news headlines or cut and pasted — replete with errors — from Wikipedia.

But it’s now clear his “intelligence reports,” which together run more than 35-pages long, were for the most part worthless. And the clients who paid Fusion GPS (which claims to go “beyond standard due diligence”) for them got taken to the cleaners.

Steele’s most sensational allegations remain unconfirmed. For instance, his claim that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen held a “clandestine meeting” on the alleged hacking scheme in Prague with “Kremlin officials” in August 2016 unraveled when Cohen denied ever visiting Prague, his passport showed no stamps showing he left or entered the US at the time, witnesses accounted for his presence here, and Czech authorities found no evidence Cohen went to Prague.

It seems that your average ATS'er could be as good a spy as this guy. If only we had the slimy connections in Washington we could all get rich writing ridiculous things about the people in the swamp. Hell, we pretty much do that anyway.

If you feel like it click this link to read more. There is more info in the source article then what I quoted here.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I think that this dossier has been one of the funniest leaks (pun intended) I have ever seen.

Trump, out of his hatred for Obama, went to Moscow.

He then, got the same hotel room that Obama and Michelle stayed at.

No one could have guessed what happened next, but he decided to get some high priced Moscow prostitutes and than had himself a golden shower party all over the bed!

Lol, it still cracks me up, people still believe this insanity.

Putin's input about having some of the best prostitutes in the world in response to the dossier was also priceless!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I didn't see a link to the article but I think this is it.

nypost.com...

It is really starting to look like this was a witch hunt from the beginning.

Here is a line that I found particularly interesting in the article.

Like Fusion GPS, the FBI has failed to cooperate with congressional investigators seeking documents.

Hmm, why would the fbi be stalling giving congressional investigators info on their relationship with this firm that paid for the dossier, and Steele, the man who made this dossier?

All we here from Comey and the dems is how serious this russian investigation is. Yet the FBI is stalling, and the dems refused to allow investigators to look at their server.

If these investigations were really about keeping our elections safe, neither of these things would be happening.

Further proof that the real purpose of the investigations is to remove the legitimately elected President.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

What's most troubling is that this is guiding the FBI's investigation. This Russian thing is an absolute farce and the investigation should be ended. It's a joke that the FBI even took it seriously. Not only that they accepted the results of Crowdstrike without even seeing the server at issue. This is an insult to the American people that the FBI is so politically compromised and even acting on such "evidence" to impeach a democratically elected President. Our intelligence agencies has literally become an enemy to our people and our own democracy.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I didn't see a link to the article but I think this is it.

nypost.com...

It is really starting to look like this was a witch hunt from the beginning.

Here is a line that I found particularly interesting in the article.

Like Fusion GPS, the FBI has failed to cooperate with congressional investigators seeking documents.

Hmm, why would the fbi be stalling giving congressional investigators info on their relationship with this firm that paid for the dossier, and Steele, the man who made this dossier?

All we here from Comey and the dems is how serious this russian investigation is. Yet the FBI is stalling, and the dems refused to allow investigators to look at their server.

If these investigations were really about keeping our elections safe, neither of these things would be happening.

Further proof that the real purpose of the investigations is to remove the legitimately elected President.

The entire basis of the investigation is based on a lie and it should be shut down.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Because:
(a) No one on the Trump team understands the Justice System well enough to make it a lethal weapon for use against his opposition.
(b) The Deep State (did I really just type that term?) and the opposition are Very aware of (a).

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes that's the same story. The link is at the very bottom of the OP.

I think that is spot on

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Too bad the dossier came from a British MI6 agent and not some company in Washington.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Too bad the dossier came from a British MI6 agent and not some company in Washington.
www.theguardian.com...

Did you even read the article?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Too bad it's real.
Google...Really?
Give us all a friggin break .

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

No.
Why would I it's garbage. Someone asks you to taste milk that smells sour are you going to taste it?
Someone says this meat smells bad and holds it out to you are you going to smell it?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh silly

You are going to have a looong week...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

not some company in Washington.

Actually there is one directly involved, Fusion GPS and paid to do the job by the DNC.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme You don't want to read the article because it blows your crazy narrative out the water. you clearly don't care about actual evidence do you? still banging the Russian drum nancy?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No.
Why would I it's garbage. Someone asks you to taste milk that smells sour are you going to taste it?
Someone says this meat smells bad and holds it out to you are you going to smell it?

Sometimes I think you are a right wing person that is doing an over the top impression of a lefty to get laughs.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I love to say a lot of stuff, but...........

" On the outside lookin in"

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

No.

Sometimes I think you are a right wing person that is doing an over the top impression of a lefty to get laughs.

That would explain so much.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Intelligence reports copied and pasted from Wikipedia!?

"We couldn't corroborate the sourcing"

FBI said it was "Unverified".

What the hell? This verifies what many of us
Have been saying since the "dossier" story broke.

So we have a special counsel spending millions
of dollars to track down paste jobs from Wikipeida.

Way to go Democrats!!!

edit on 25-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
I love to say a lot of stuff, but...........

" On the outside lookin in"

Holy crap, a blast from the past.
Didn't they essentially turn into Foghat?
edit on 6/25/2017 by pale5218 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join