It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor man substitutes, what are yours?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Poor man substitutes, what are yours?

I've thought about this a bit more. There really is no substitute for a poor man, unless of course you can find a poor woman, their fear tastes even better.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And you have the breast meat too,that's more bang for your buck right there

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Wanna join the Masons?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I'm happy you can still have the taco meat,sounds delish!

While i can have sausages they tend to give me heartburn.The local type of sausage,boerewors (farmers' sausage) gives me horrendous heartburn but it is really delish,so occasionally i will have a wee piecy. Its a South African traditional food.Pork bangers are gentler on my tummy,so i mostly cook those with mash and peas and fried onions sauce.I can eat hot dog viennas but i seldom do,it is such mystery meat

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh and keep flour and yeast in the house,making home made rolls is super easy and so very nice.I often make our own bread and rolls,fresh outa the oven with butter seeping into it
And whatever topping you have.It's awesome with soups too,which is cheap to make.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the invite Auggie ..but i am poor and i have breasts..my time is taken up by my duties as admin secretary for the Seventh Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower,so sorry

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I meant as dinner, silly.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I found out by accident 1 egg, some black olives - smeared across a pan... with some feta and Brussels sprouts taste amazing on old toasted bread...dash of hot-sauce tops it. Since you only use a little of each this becomes the cheapest sandwich... and when these flavors meet...amazing...

edit on 26-6-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Always have herbs and pasta and in your pantry, that's a given.

I've lived on 15 bucks a week on groceries so I've learned a few tricks, curried rice with vegetables, noodles with pasta sauce, and then there is damper which is easy made bread that only requires butter, flour and water. However never ever overcook damper as it will shatter your teeth.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This is the absolute lowest of the low ... last ditch thing, but I have done it:

I went into the yard, dug up some dandelions. The greens were bitter, but the smaller/younger leaves were edible after a rinse and slathering with the only dressing I had, some ranch dressing packets from some fast food place.

The root ... I tried to eat it, but bleach. Too bitter.

But my yard had enough greens for a good sized salad, and I had some bacon bits to throw on top also. Not the worst thing I have ever eaten.

Do you live anywhere that lets you forage for some 'salad'?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Home made spaghetti is really good. An onion, some garlic chopped, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce with a dash or two of whatever Mediterranean spices you have around, and you have a dinner that will rival any restaurant. Also its great to freeze the sauce and re-use it, then you get multiple meals. I know a few years back I was living alone and on a budget and I was actually able to feed myself for under 50 dollars a week. One of the biggest tricks I found was to make a dinner with leftovers you could eat for lunch the next day. Rice and beans are good, and there is a really good wild rice that Mahatma makes for just over a dollar. Eggs of course are good, still relatively cheap and a good protein source. Best meat choice is chicken, there are so many things you can do with it. A great drink is just water with a little lemon in it if you cant afford soda. Cheese and crackers are also good, as well as popcorn, a bag of popcorn is pretty cheap and gives you multiple servings of the snack. I would check out Aldi's if you have one near you, a lot of good stuff that's not expensive. Good luck with your new job and the hope this helped.

edit on 28-6-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I once lived 25km from a tiny village in rural South Africa.
I wanted to find a wife and threw a hail mary. A friend had a one bedroom flat and let me throw a bed in the kitchen/living area next to the fridge. He was away the first month over the december holidays.
I left a full time job with work truck, housing and as I was working on a beef farm, about 30pounds of beef a month to be unemployed in the city.
I had a minimal savings. For two weeks as I had no secure job, I lived of saute'd cabbage and onions. I lost 40pounds.
I also bought two bags of rolling tobacco as it curbs hunger.
Might have been the best two weeks of my life, meditating/praying on an empty stomach is humbling to say the least!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join