It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you dare...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

1. Often do, my dog loves walks when I can't sleep and a little less light makes for good stargazing

2. Can't say I've slept in a cemetery but I could, they tend to be genuinely peaceful places. I'd rather see something in a place you'd expect to see it than in my own home haha.

3. I annoy people knocking on my door for religious reasons, I've invited them in and talked their ears off on a subject they were aiming to educate me on, so I can honestly say I could invite strangers into my home since I've done it before. I probably wouldn't leave em unattended and I hope they like proper tea and dogs.

Criminality is gonna happen whether you like it or not, I'm not keen on letting fear drive my decisions, my dogs are pretty protective too. No 2 many might not do for paranormal reasons but I'm fortunate/unfortunate to have experienced a lot of weirdness in my life, ask my friends I'm like a conduit for the highly strange lol, maybe I should camp in a cemetery. Could be fun.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What does racism have to do with it? I am white,and i can tell you i would not take a white stranger into my house.Or any other stranger.About the other two,i have never had a fear of darkness,and dark places-but in my country one does not wander around much after dark,unless you are in a group,and armed.Tends to get one killed otherwise.Ghosts+things that go bump in the night are the Least of one's worries here,at night.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

No, yes, that's exactly the point. It's not even racism, it's this "protect the nest" instinct.

Depending on "who you are" & "what you were taught" you make conclusions....or kneejerk, jump, ... whathaveyou towards their "save heavens". Like a group such as skin clothes sports regional ....

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ya i have kids,so i protect our nest
Many years ago,i let a woman stay with us for a short while.My daughters were still small kiddies then,but my husband was between contracts so he was home too at that stage.Even with both of us home,she managed to steal many items from us.That was the first and last time we let someone that we don't know for a long time,into our house to stay with us.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
deleted for waffling

edit on 25-6-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The point is racism is fear, fear comes from the instinct of "nest protection" & below age 3-5 humans don't have it because they haven't developed/learned self identification.
Therefore racism is learned.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

100% agree that racism is learned, as opposed to natural.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

To work the latter in the opposite direction, I need to experience an imprint episode, that ignites fear, which leads to the urge of protecting me and my surroundings independent of the size of the group I identify with, I secure my "surroundings. My cell in the bio-machine human, me and....
...let's see how the guy around the corner ticks, bond/fight...
You get the idea I'm trying to portray?

I'm not sure if and why we would either reset, or add all of our bindings?

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I see where you're going with it. But, if I may ask, wouldn't general xenophobia be a better descriptor for the conditions you are describing than racism? It's a rather specific set of emotions, whereas the instinct to protect your collective group is focused on outsiders who may be a potential threat in general, independent of racial similarity or difference.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
1. ...to walk through a dark park at night?

Yes.

2. ....to sleep in a graveyard?

Yes.

3. ...to invite a stranger, no matter what age, nationality or gender, into your home windowless white van?

Yes.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well we are the biggest threat, (shooting bears is about as exciting as killing insects with a gun & stuff) , if you can see that xenophobic includes everybody outside your "ego-bubble", we can call it whatever you choose.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I chose it exactly because it includes everyone, as opposed to specifying particular groups.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Okay then...

Do we add, or reset? Each fear-inducing moment?
2 questions.

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Question

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Raggedyman

Would your jovial attitude take damage, if your cemetery looks like this

...on a "bright sunny day"?
Just a little bit of very up/high (?)fog?
And owls. When it starts getting dark. And bats come out. The fog sinks into the darkness...

Does your attitude change?

Yeah. It sounds more attractive when you put it that way. Throw in the darkness and I'm all over it.

I'm with another poster though in that I don't see how this relates to racism. And yes, I read that post. I also contributed to it. There is a difference between racism and wanting to be inclusive to a type of person or way of life. Or in your case, a type of horse. Wanting to be surrounded be people like you isn't racist. It's called "Birds of a feather flock together". That's just the way nature works. People don't see that though when they want to make it a social issue. As if a lack of integration makes people racist. It doesn't. Doing that because hate and intolerance tells you to is what makes you a racist.

IMO.
edit on 25-6-2017 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

To what end? I'm not understanding the context of your questions. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

"hate & intolerance"? Why do you "hate"? And what is "intolerable"?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I mean if there is a moment that "shocks" us, we start assessing our immediate environment, where goes your first look?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's dependant on what the shock is. If someone is coming at me aggressively, I look to assess what kind of threat they pose, and if I'm shielding loved ones from harm effectively. If Amy are with me.
I try to determine if the potential attacker is armed, their physicality and strength, how they're carrying themselves. (As in, do they look agile and composed, like an experienced fighter, or uncoordinated and maybe drunk)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
1. Yes.

2.Depends on the cemetery.

3. No... Unless I lived in a place with high living standards, like Melbourne or Scandinavia.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I do it every night. I actually like walking around in the pitch black dark. Its thrilling to know that no one can see you. Last blackout when the whole east coast went out after 9/11, I spent the night running around.

I can sleep anywhere. Crowded side walk, formula 1 race, and yes a grave yard.

A couple months ago I let a whole family stay over because they didnt have a place to go. We got the phone call from a mutual acquantance, (person we knew from kids school loosely), a couple hours later they were using my daughters room, our bathroom and kitchen table.

The last one I have done plenty of times. More when I was younger and had more unstable people around me.

Edit to add:
People you dont know I treat the same. I greet them at the door. If they get in they are alright.
I have turned plenty down. Hasnt failed me ever.

Even the bad ones didnt let me down too much

edit on 6 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join