It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you dare...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
1. ...to walk through a dark park at night?
2. ....to sleep in a graveyard?
3. ...to invite a stranger, no matter what age, nationality or gender, into your home? (The first one "fortune" sends knocking on your door, not your choice)

I'm really curious, because more and more it seems racism is merely one symptom of "the human condition".
Mice inherit fear from their parents.
Think about the exponential potentional of danger to our survival, if other "learned behaviour" also spreads. Like greed, narcissism,....

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: e

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Bad writing, sorry ain't got the nerves to fix

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm pretty sure I have done all those at some time in my past.

All of them are less dangerous than crossing the road.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

1 and 2, yes. 3, I can't honestly say that I would. It would be a decision that I would have to make when it happened. I don't live in the best of neighborhoods, for one. And it would depend also on whether my family was home and what the circumstances of the visit were to entail.
I HAVE invited strangers in before. Even let one stay a few days u til he could get a bus ticket to where he was headed. But I have kids now. And it wasn't this same shady neighborhood, either.
edit on 25-6-2017 by pfishy because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I would double dare all 3.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I know as you can see from the more honest answer below yours:
It's learned behaviour.

...Umwelt-damage= social not psychological. Or socio-psychological would be more beneficial.

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Other than invite stranger into my home done all that . My home is my sanctuary I dont allow anyone inside my home .

Graveyards great place to go drinking an bone chicks .

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
As kids ( before we got cars) we use to go to the local cemetery during the day, big big area, place an item there, most likely a mates brothers toy or cricket ball. After a few drinks and a scary movie someone would have to ride down to the cemetery, it was open parkland, no headstones but little plaques everywhere and quite picturesque , but not after midnight when we went
We use to tell stories of devil worshippers and witches going down there when we were getting the item
One mate was sent down and instead, he went home to bed, thought he vanished till the next day
edit on 25-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Already did the 3.

And not too sure what does your questions have to do with racism.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Stranger? No.

My friends and family can barely behave.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Because of this
Sorry, forgot to add, it's where I'm coming from. "The previous stop of my thought train".

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Would your jovial attitude take damage, if your cemetery looks like this

...on a "bright sunny day"?
Just a little bit of very up/high (?)fog?
And owls. When it starts getting dark. And bats come out. The fog sinks into the darkness...

Does your attitude change?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

No that looks better, looks small and quaint, in and out, no chance of confusion or getting lost
Place we went to was Pinaroo cemetery and it was huge and lots of bushland, 30 plus years ago

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Haha, cool

...goes to show, the images that ignite fear change over generations. Unless you imprint it with "triggers" all the same for everybody through media, including games and bamm your "fear detection system for your real immediate environment" goes down.
In case of emergency you become a zombie...

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

And I wouldn't necessarily say that it's accurate to label someone's hesitation to do these things "racism". For instance, my hesitation about #3 Is not race-oriented. It's my suspicion of humanity in general. I mentioned that my current neighborhood isn't the best or safest I've lived in. I never mentioned the ethnic or racial makeup of the neighborhood.

And my hesitation has nothing to do with that information. Just that crime is higher around here than I would like.
edit on 25-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Racism is just one "face of fear" it has hundreds.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

1. Fairly often actually.

2. Not lately. When I was younger graveyards were great places to hang out and sometimes we would camp out in a wooded area there. Not alone however as I've never made it a point to.

3. Frequently. I buy/sell/trade on local markets.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I agree. But I don't think that it's necessarily right to say that its the sole reason for someone not walking through a dark park, or opening their doors to a random stranger. I think fear of criminality is a better description. Anyone of any race, ethnicity, religion or nationality can be a criminal.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Yes and people grown in a "safe environment" and people grown in "unsafe environment" are more/less "nervous" as a "pulse at rest". Then the leed poisoning and fluoride and phosphor and silicon play a part.
The nourishment.
All of this plays a part in our "experience of life" leading to our feelings. The fastest assessment of each situation, is instinct.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Also thanks. You shared your experience.

edit on 25-6-2017 by Peeple because: Oops

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Glad i could contribute something useful to your thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join