It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF C130 Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I`ve heard the SAS lost many men in the recent C130 crash North of Baghdad. We have been told that 10 died, but I think this number could be around the 70 mark
!

So actual SAS dead could total about 60! Now I`m not to sure what the currant SAS strength is, it used to be about 200, but could now total around the 400 mark. Anyway, the loss of 60 SAS is a huge loss, could this be the reason why Blair was/had been crying when he read out his statement on the crash?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unspun
I`ve heard the SAS lost many men in the recent C130 crash North of Baghdad. We have been told that 10 died, but I think this number could be around the 70 mark
!

So actual SAS dead could total about 60! Now I`m not to sure what the currant SAS strength is, it used to be about 200, but could now total around the 400 mark. Anyway, the loss of 60 SAS is a huge loss, could this be the reason why Blair was/had been crying when he read out his statement on the crash?

Would that many special forces travel in the same vehicle ?
(For exactly this reason).

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it doesn't seem to offer much redundancy if it fails (and no disrespect in this choice of phrase to those who died btw).

I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything more comes out on this.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Remember the chinnok which crashed on the Mull of Kintyre? It was full of top intelligence brass, were they trying to save money by using one chopper? Or did these chaps know too much?

Could the lost SAS forces have been involved in opperations so sensitive that they had to get rid of them? After all, they were only making a 40 mile trip!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
to me this c130 "crash" sounds like an ambush.
as if somebody knew who was on board.

and if there were really 70 SAS commandos onboard a single plane,
they are a very easy target.

and they were shot down,
by 6 SA18 missiles!!!
which means they had no chance at all...

Military accident investigators believe the Special Forces plane was hit when at least six heatseeking SA-18 missiles were fired at it.

link to thread
link to article

new topics

top topics

join