It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam
Seems to be normal human behaviour if you look around this world you see it everywhere.
edit on 25-6-2017 by why4what because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
I'm a racist. I can't help it. But I don't like it. And I fight it.

Fighting it isn't always easy, sweeping generalizations seems sort of automatic, sometimes it would be easier to just surrender to them. But they're ugly and stupid, and that helps me to fight.

So I walk to work every morning, you can tell what homes belong to blacks in this area. They're the homes that are poorly kept, the eye sores. Of course they're all rentals, sometimes that doesn't seem significant, but of course it is. And it's a small world, not representative. I know that.

So I remind myself of other walks. I remind myself of walks through neighborhoods in Chicago, black neighborhoods, neighborhoods where most people worked, neighborhoods with edged and watered lawns. Walks in Kentucky, 'white neighborhoods," livestock, pigs even, living in the same dilapidated homes as the people. White people waiting for us to tear their home down so Habitat for Humanity could build them a new one. A New one that wouldn't be used any differently.

Whatever it's about, it's not about color.

I'm old school. If you irritate me, make me mad, I'm going after your race/nationality, whatever is most apparent to me. Italian? I'm going to go after that. Irish? I got loads on you people. Black? Oh yeah, I've got pre loaded insults and stereotypes galore.

I think you are confusing 'racism' with 'ownership'

It is human nature for people to take more care of what belongs to them

what they worked very hard for .... blood sweat and tears.

Years ago there were in the UK council estates (social housing) which were like

you're describing run down uncared for ..... because the houses did not belong to

them they lived there but didn't up keep or take care of .

The government in late 70's and 80's gave the people in these estates the right to

buy and what happened then was those who bought their homes started to actually

take care of their properties. make improvements ..... take pride in their

homes

Thats why I think you're confusing racism with ownership

link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I'd love to irritate you.

You sound like a d bag.

Is it 4chan spillover night or what?

It's bad form to edit the content of your post after posting it. shame on you

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Why else would there be an edit function.

link   

Who do you think about? Who helps you squash the ugly?

People like you who acknowledge that everyone is racist to some degree and that you have overcome that by judging a person on the content of their character, which is a much more accurate gauge because name a skin color and therein be assholes, I tells ya!

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ah donno know about you JinMi boy, but I am pure in ma race...D Human race..

edit on 25-6-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Thats a good way to look at it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Eletheia,

You are so right in so many ways. But I'm specifically interested in how, rather who or what, you bring to mind to combat racism that YOU see as racism when it enters your mind.

For example, for me, when thoughts I believe to be "ugly" enter my mind, certain faces enter my mind. Maybe for you it's different? Different faces of course, maybe different ways of "catching" yourself is racist thoughts, different ways of self correcting?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Get some rose colored glasses, it's all you need in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

People like you who acknowledge that everyone is racist to some degree and that you have overcome that by judging a person on the content of their character, which is a much more accurate gauge because name a skin color and therein be assholes, I tells ya!

But for me, acknowledging it once, doesn't end the internal dialogue. Does it for you? And if not, how do you get yourself back on track?

Though, I am starting to realize that some people many NEVER struggle with sort of thing, maybe not anyway

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: why4what

You're a troll and get no response from me going forward

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ah donno know about you JinMi boy, but I am pure in ma race...D Human race..

Its certainly possible, no matter how difficult for me to really "understand" . You know, I have absolutely no fear of dogs, hard for some other people to understand, but there none the less, whether they can understand it or not. I turn into a puddle of jello where heights are concerned, something probably difficult to fathom for those not afraid of heights.

One of the most valuable aspects of this site is the opportunity to identify our own blind spots.

Opportunities to "deny" our own ignorance rather than "deny" someone else's.

#ing spelling
edit on 25-6-2017 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Folks, among other things, this is an opportunity for you to salute those that give lie to your own, or your previously held, racist notions.

Give some props to those who have played a role in your life of preventing YOU from indulging in any racist tendencies you might be prone to.

Again. MIkey, Philpot, Adrian, Ruby, Jack, Erma, and so on, Thank you
You've helped me work towards being a better person.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Don't sweat it bud. I'm an Islamaphobe because Islam scares me.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

For example, for me, when thoughts I believe to be "ugly" enter my mind, certain faces enter my mind. Maybe for you it's different? Different faces of course, maybe different ways of "catching" yourself is racist thoughts, different ways of self correcting?

*Racism* ..... its only another word for xenophobic chauvinism and bigotry.

Its the current word chosen by the *politically correct* brigade to shame ....

Dont play their game!!

As I said in another thread I grew up with many innocuous words which are

now politically incorrect
a small example

*crippled* is now *disabled*

*blind* is now *visually impaired*

*queer* is now *gay*
How did that ever happen ..... In my day gay meant

happy and frivolous.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Don't sweat it bud. I'm an Islamaphobe because Islam scares me.

Yeah me too, but I don't consider my "concern" in regards to Islam to be irrational. My guess, neither is yours.

And here online, not much I can do about you calling me "bud", but know in real life it would be subject to further conversations . . .

But, as a conservative, what I'm getting at, is not what liberals define as "rasicm", but rather what you and I would consider to be racism, as sane conservatives. How do you deal with it? That is, if it's a struggle for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

YES, and I agree with all you've said. But what do you and I; as conservatives, do to combat, to compensate for, what you and I, as conservatives, would acknowledge as racism?

Maybe you don't have any issues with this. I however do, but maybe I'm not representative? I am 'older' and maybe that matters

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'll be glad to meet with you for that conversation, or anything else, if you pay the airfare mate.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

YES, and I agree with all you've said. But what do you and I; as conservatives, do to combat, to compensate for, what you and I, as conservatives, would acknowledge as racism?

I dont fret over it .... It is what it is - I am who I am and comfortable in my

own skin

Maybe you don't have any issues with this.

I dont there are more important things in life.

I however do, but maybe I'm not representative?

That is something only YOU can come to terms with!!

I am 'older' and maybe that matters

I can guarantee you're NOT

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I'll be glad to meet with you for that conversation, or anything else, if you pay the airfare mate.

Those "conversations" have so often been the beginnings of a great friendship. That you don't shy from the notion gives me reason to salute you already. Best to you and yours Cultural.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join