It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symmetry Theory and Karma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I imagine these two ideas will coalesce in the future as reincarnation enters the scientific conversation vis-à-vis the important meanings of symmetry theory.

Symmetry theory simply means the entire universe and the events within it occur in terms of symmetry dynamics. Microscopically, quarks, protons, neutrons, nuclei, atoms, molecules, etc, represent spatio-temporal symmetries that flash in and out of existence. Macroscopically, the formation of solar systems and galaxies follow particular scaling laws, and seem to possess a certain complementarity in that the outside parts which possess "matter", are in dynamic 'tension' with the gravitational 'center' - the black hole at the center of a galaxy (like the milky way), or the sun, itself spewing, rather than sucking up, energy.

Symmetry theory simply says that there is a complementarity to everything that exists - from matter/anti-matter (the hypothesized basis of inflation) to the evolution of matter, where sequentially, quarks, protons, neutrons, nuclei, atoms (which capture electrons), suns (basis of nucleogenesis) and then the formation of the naturally occurring elements following a supernova. After this, each individual atom can relate with other atoms, and given the stability or instability of their structure, stimulate the transformation of matter.

In this way, the atomic "world" became the chemical world, thanks to the quantum instabilities of electrons in relation to the symmetry - and structure - of matter (i.e. quarks, protons etc), as well as the geometrical potentials of the evolving system, life can form, this time at a much larger scale of interaction, whereby collections of molecule's with autocatalytic (positive feedbackloop generating) properties form around niches within a planetary geography that foster autocatalytic processes i.e. feed into the process chemicals like nitrogen, sulphur, carbon, hydrogen, phosphorus, and oxygen.

Life follows its laws - and the things which emerge through its dynamics, finally becomes us.

In a very simple way, the Catholic Trinity can be used to conceptualize what is happening:

• first, you have a "father" principle - which is the evolving Universe at large.

• second, you have a "son" principle, which is the emergence of the first living cell, which manifests or expresses in its miniature form an analogy to the whole i.e. a "closure", and events which are controlled "within it".

• The third is a necessary quality, which is called the "holy spirit". The holy spirit can be considered the far-from equilibrium dynamics which emerge between the symmetry making of the organisms structure (i.e. the so called "proton body") and the dissipative, structure-changing influence of the environment and its intrinsic instabilities on the organism. Dissipation, or entropy, comes from "outside". Order making, or coherency, comes from inside.

With this basic sense in mind, evolution can be conceptualized as a "meaning-making" process, with a 'general' truth being expressed by lifes origin in the seas, connected, like a baby to its mother, to the energetic outside which brought it into being.

The Earth is LITERALLY - not merely figuratively - the home, or abode, of our metaphysical existence. Death seems to us as so real, yet there might indeed be a 'semiosphere', or 'noosphere', by which meaning is self-organized at the species-level of our existence, and each individual, in his ontological life relations, becomes "ordered" in the world and in his incarnations.

In what form could this occur? Right now that question cannot be answered, but the natural processes on Earth may be more than we recognize.

In any case, we become expressed in our "positive" expression of self i.e. assertions made as persons, by the quality of symmetry, yet paradoxically, we maintain our experience of positive symmetry, through sometimes needing to negate, or disallow, something thought or felt from being expressed . This quality of "liberty to act" (positive, assertive, agentic) needs to be paired with "responsibility to perceive, in order for the symmetry to be maintained, and its ontological corollaries to become actuated.

So, as a postulate, one may wonder whether reincarnation might have something to do with what is not accounted for in perception and action. , that is, not-represented in consciousness. Since the sign's always exist outside of us - even if we fail to notice or respond to our non-conceptual interactions - we necessarily always exist in the dark as to the things we are not aware of, and thus, we do not know what to account for.

Nevertheless, symmetry theory offers an explanation of accountability that has to do with the way relational experiences - or the 'semiotic order' of one mind, interacts and relates with the semiotic order of another mind.

For instance, for a black kid growing up in a low-income, high crime area, a moral "victory" would be not to skip school, or not try hard drugs. The context constrains the degree to which the mind is capable of metabolizing subtle asymmetries that indicate or express disorder in functional relationships with the outside world (and self-experience). Relative to his context, and to the other's he lives with, staying in school would be a "positive-symmetry" dynamic i.e. an inclination towards a coherent relationship to his future self, and yet, this same kid may hold misogynistic views, may bully others, may overly swear, may have many behavioral addictions - which, from a traditional religious perspective, tends to be viewed as "sins".

Ultimately, though, we are beholden to our knowledge - to what we know, and interface with. If I know A, which recommends action B, because of consequence C for person D, ABCD constitutes a coherent representation of any particular situation. Yet if I have bad habits, which draw me in directions that violate BCD because A is not attended to, however much my environment or situation may effect me, there is still some margin of personal responsibility for ignoring A, or not doing something productive to modify your relationship to the problem of a dissociation between what you know, and how you act.

Karma, in this sense, could be a "sifting process"; monads are put in the world in such a way as to extend the shadow dimension from a previous life into the present life. Existing external contexts and the semiotic "fields" they represent would instigate the informational reorganization of a past-monad, based upon the dissociated shadow side, into a configuration that is probabilistically governed by the way matter-energy is "processed" in certain human communities.

At this point, I can only barely make out something of a science. The importance of symmetry theory as a universal theory of emergence is becoming more and more recognized; however, the idea that the quality of existence - or how we exist - could be structured in such a way as to bring us back in the world, probably, also, according to the symmetry of our structure (Self-Other) has not yet been considered, even though it seems like a very promising area to explore.

• posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
    link   
    You remind me of crunky. Long winded posts with no sources.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:14 AM
    link   

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:00 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Astrocyte

It's a lot less complicated than you made it sound. You get back what you hand out.

Karma is the law of return, not hard to understand.

As for Symmetry here ----> www.physics.ucla.edu...

Remember 'Laymens Terms are Your Friend'.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:32 AM
    link   
    Just to give you guys a header:

The point and purpose of my threads is to move discussion and awareness towards the second personal nature of experience i.e. how intersubjective expectancies, needs, etc, are themselves constituting factors in the structuring of our awareness.

I notice many people who claim or imagine spiritual enlightenment about themselves have very little etiquette when it comes to considering what the intentions of the author were. This exposes an ignorance of the meaning/significance of the 2nd person phenomenology of experience.

The idea that only interesting things can be described best in simple terms is simply not true. Some things are very abstract, inasmuch as if we want to reconstruct the processes (particularly in a semiotic and correlative dynamical systems sort of way) in as most accurate a way as possible, detail matters, and so most people who think should, and generally do, grant the people their speaking with some degree of "wiggle room" when it comes to the meaning their efforts have for them.

edit on 9-7-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:57 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Astrocyte

i read it. i read all of your threads. this is easily your most profound work to date. i am disappointed in the commentary thus far.

thank you for your post.

new topics

top topics

join