It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn at Glastonbury

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: audubon

OK. I see from the full article that firefighters views were mixed on the resources issue with some saying they were happy with resources and equipment but you only highlighted the bits that suit you.

Yes. And? I said that McDonnell had facts on his side. I then showed you this was the case. I didn't have the resources to conduct an anonymised survey of everyone on the London Fire Service payroll, so I had to make do with the comments of some (but not all) firefighters who supported what McDonnel was saying.

You seem to be of the opinion that providing support for one's argument is a form of cheating. I find that an odd attitude.

Firefighter don't just knock off after 4 hours attending a major fire.

A firefighter says they expect to spend four hours at a blaze. You say they don't. I wonder who to believe.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I just don't see how a man supposed to represent a party that 'represents' the working class, who was born into a well of upper class family can actually do that job, has he had any 'working class' jobs? or job ? (bus driver, engine driver, delivery driver, street sweeper, butcher, baker, postman, foundry worker, car production line worker, flight attendant, jobbing gardener, farm worker, fruit picker, brickie, sparks, chippie, garage worker, and on and on and on).

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

All very well, but saying that the firefighters mentioned in the Grauniad report supported what McMao was saying is a bit disingenuous bearing in mind that the report was dated 15th July 2017 when McMao made his comments well after it was printed.

No firefighter is accusing anyone of murder here.

And don't twist my words - staying on for after 4 hours is going above and beyond, obviously. As is evidenced by the fact that they stayed on well after that here.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

All very well, but saying that the firefighters mentioned in the Grauniad report supported what McMao was saying is a bit disingenuous bearing in mind that the report was dated 15th July 2017 when McMao made his comments well after it was printed.

Eh? McDonnell based his claims on something that had been published, and you think that's somehow wrong?

Can you explain to me in what order you think it should have happened?

No firefighter is accusing anyone of murder here.

No-one was claiming that they did, so you're just inventing stuff.

And don't twist my words - staying on for after 4 hours is going above and beyond, obviously. As is evidenced by the fact that they stayed on well after that here.

I'm not twisting your words. You said firefighters didn't knock off after four hours. The firefighters say that's what they expect. I believe the firefighters, and I don't believe you.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I think you are missing the point here. McMao has stated that these victims were "murdered". No one else is saying this and it is utter nonsense - trying to make political capital out of a tragedy is despicable. No one as far as I know supports him.

Do stop twisting my words, it's getting tedious.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just to throw in my bit. Not all young people (If I still count as one at 25) support Jeremy Corbyn and his policies, and I think his Glastonbury visit was a pathetic attempt to feel more popular than he really is.

I was recently at the Gorillaz festival in Margate with my younger brother. At one point they did a shout out to Corbyn and got the crowd chanting, I looked awkwardly at my brother as another Corbyn hater and we noticed quite a few other people looking decidedly uncomfortable not wanting to appear to not support him with the Corbyn cronies spouting nonsense all around them.

I wasn't a fan of his before Grenfell, but his actions in the minutes and hours after the news broke were disgusting. Immediately trying to score political points, demanding things that were already being promised, then demanding more so that he could always appear to be demanding more than was being given. He had no shame. His appearance at Glastonbury was no different, putting himself in front of a crowd where the majority would shout for him and the rest would be too fearful to voice any sort of disapproval.

Yes Theresa May lost her majority. It's true. But she still got plenty more seats than Corbyn, he offered more free stuff to every man and his dog than you can shake a stick at, but he still lost.

I earn less than the average wage for my area, and I'm not a city dweller, so I certainly don't earn much. But I would be worse off under Corbyn. Almost all of us would. He's a 'dreamer' and he thinks everyone else is to, but we don't live in that world.

(I apologise, that's half reply, half rant, I've become very disillusioned with this whole sad shameful spectacle)
edit on 26-6-2017 by umbr360 because: edited 'leftist cronies' to 'Corbyn cronies'. Not all Left leaners support Corbyn.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

a reply to: bastion

Oh, come off it! the linked article has JC lying through his teeth and claiming to Andrew Neil in an interview that he had never met the IRA. Did you actually look up the link to Guido?

Yes, according to Staines' peice only MacLochlainn would be considered an associate and it's not as if he has much credibility - the reality is Staines' sourced the claim from a Daily Mail piece written by Quentin Letts and ommits that they were there due to investigatiosn into abuse in NI prisons and not in IRA capacity.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I think you are missing the point here. McMao has stated that these victims were "murdered". No one else is saying this and it is utter nonsense - trying to make political capital out of a tragedy is despicable. No one as far as I know supports him.

OK, have you read a UK newspaper in the last fortnight? Take a look at some headlines.

As usual, your arguments are - how shall I put this? - at variance with observable facts.

Do stop twisting my words, it's getting tedious.

Pretending that I am twisting your words won't disguise the fact that you say things, are proved wrong, and then pretend you were saying something different. And when that doesn't work, you simply drop that particular claim and carry on as though nothing had happened. Anyone can read back and see for themselves that this is exactly what you have done several times.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yes, the whole Grenfell stuff has become political. Very sad that a senior labour politician (John McDonnell) is playing to the gallery in such a divisive manner. We have never had this reaction after a tragedy. The flooding last year effected more people and destroyed more homes, but (1) people were not rehoused in luxury apartments and (2) the politicians and "activists" kept their mouths shut because it was not political, it was a tragedy.

If it happens in London the world ends. If it happens in Hull people get on with life and sort it out.

While Grenfell is a tragedy, there is a real danger that the politics will overtake sorting out the problems.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No need to get personal, and just saying things don't make it so.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You really cannot dismiss all of JC's well documented IRA connections and sympathies. It's all out there.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Sun, the Mirror and the Mail? I am talking about senior politicians, not sensationalist rags.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The Sun, the Mirror and the Mail? I am talking about senior politicians, not sensationalist rags.

There you go again.

What you said was: "McMao has stated that these victims were "murdered". No one else is saying this and it is utter nonsense"

So I show you that in fact that claim has been plastered all over the front pages of several national newspapers.

And all of a sudden you decide you are "talking about senior politicians, not sensationalist rags."

So, yet again, you say something, get proved wrong, and then claim you were saying something else entirely. Doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I expect that sort of thing from the rags, not from a senior politician.

And no, I do not read these rags.

It comes to something when a leftie like you tries to use the Sun and the Daily Mail to support your case!

Your not a Corbynista wonk, by any chance?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You really cannot dismiss all of JC's well documented IRA connections and sympathies. It's all out there.

I'm not denying them, I'm just stating he wasn't associated with them and it's rich for Guido et al to claim he'svcosied up to them when the Tory party has IRA and PIRA members in its ranks.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I expect that sort of thing from the rags, not from a senior politician.

And no, I do not read these rags.

It comes to something when a leftie like you tries to use the Sun and the Daily Mail to support your case!

Your not a Corbynista wonk, by any chance?

You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. I'm not going to bother with you any more, unless you make some kind of coherent argument that doesn't fall apart within seconds.
edit on 26-6-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

What do you mean by "wasn't associated with them"?

This is important as this particular man wants to be PM.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I would have thought that relying on the opinions of The Sun, The Mirror and The Mail, as you do, constitutes scraping the bottom of the barrel but if you want to flounce off that's a matter for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What do you mean by "wasn't associated with them"?

This is important as this particular man wants to be PM.

He wasn't a subordinate or partner with the IRA (I'm using the proffesional/poltical definiton of associate here)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

There is a difference between "associate" and "associated". It is beyond doubt that he was associated with the IRA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join