It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn at Glastonbury

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

What I would like is a four year moratorium on politics to prove, or not, whether things would work much better without the freeloading parasitic bastards.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

What I would like is a four year moratorium on politics to prove, or not, whether things would work much better without the freeloading parasitic bastards.

Freeloading parasitic bastards?...You mean politicians?...or bankers?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Politicians, but a moratorium on bankers would also be ok by me.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

As to what I think of the status quo, you need only refer to the opening line of the first comment of mine that you replied to.

The reply I gave to Ray indicates something I don't like about him. He was also involved with the law firm that swindled £10 Million from the tax payer by making false accusations against UK Soldiers.

His policy of terrorist appeasement is another example of why I dislike him.

The fact that despite all this and more, Corbyn is one of the more moral politicians is a very sad reflection on Westminster sh!t shower.

There is no force in heaven or earth that would compell me to vote for a party that includes that failed abortion Abbot among its ranks, let alone allow it anywhere near it's front benches.

Quoted self in error.
edit on 25-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Politicians, but a moratorium on bankers would also be ok by me.

I agree...but I don't think that'll help at all, lets just give a guy who stands against all that wrong a go, if he's # then atleast we tried something different!

Well, politicians play lip service to the duped voting masses...for all the lobbyists that push green stuff their way, such as Banking and financial sector, Big pharma, War machine...etc

Corbyn cant be bought!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You are saying let's give the one that is probably the least bad in a very bad bunch a try. Fair enough, but for me there is still the Abbot factor to consider. For the very first time in my life I voted Green this time around.

I voted Green because I have met the local candidate and he is a good guy. That seemed to be the only option left open to me, as I will never abstain on principle. I mention this in the hope that it will allow you a more thorough understanding of the disaffection I currently feel for UK politics.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Does this count as associated with known IRA activists?

www.google.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
Are you happy under Tory rule, in bed with a terrorist associated group DUP?

Before you start believing what you write, have you any evidence the DUP are associated with terrorists?

The DUP are a unionist party that traces roots back to the Troubles when the IRA were killing people. The IRA being a bunch of terrorists supported by Corbyn and his ilk. That point is well evidenced.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You are saying let's give the one that is probably the least bad in a very bad bunch a try. Fair enough, but for me there is still the Abbot factor to consider. For the very first time in my life I voted Green this time around.

I voted Green because I have met the local candidate and he is a good guy. That seemed to be the only option left open to me, as I will never abstain on principle. I mention this in the hope that it will allow you a more thorough understanding of the disaffection I currently feel for UK politics.

Yup...I'm saying exactly that, I've voted twice in my life both times for the Green Party as a protest against Tory Bliar, I've never trusted any politicians in my life until Mr JC was pushed to the forefront of the Labour Party that up until then has been hijacked by neoliberals and corporate career politicians who's aim and role is maintaining the status quo!

So....Yes Jeremy is the best of a bad situation!

Now, why all the hate for Abbott?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Before you start believing what you write, have you any evidence the DUP are associated with terrorists?

I can help, here.

The Ulster Resistance Movement (URM) was founded on 10 November 1986, by DUP members Ian Foster, Ian Paisley, and Peter Robinson - Paisley being DUP leader at the time, Robinson becoming leader later (and he was still leader in 2015). A few months before the URM was founded, Robinson had led an armed gang on an invasion of the Irish Republic during which he was caught by police (at his trial he pleaded guilty to avoid prison, and was fined around £20,000)

The URM collaborated with a ragbag of other Ulster loyalist terrorist groups in smuggling large amounts of weapons into Northern Ireland, to fight against Irish republicans. As later police discoveries of arms caches showed, this included rocket launchers and armed warheads and over 12,000 rounds of ammunition.

Before the URM, Paisley had been involved with (anonymous) loyalist terrorists, when he sat on the co-ordinating committee that led the General Strike of 1974. This destroyed an early power-sharing treaty (The Sunningdale Agreement) which would have created a new local government arrangement. In 1981 Paisley created the DUP's "Militia", i.e., armed terrorists that Paisley hoped could work with the police (!) to combat republicanism.
edit on 25-6-2017 by audubon because: removed potential ambiguity

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Abbot is a dangerous, power hungry, serial victim card player. There has been more than one incidence of her making anti-white and anti-male remarks. She has nothing but contempt for the military.

She referred to the Manchester and London Bridge terror attacks as incidents, yet immediately called the Finsbury Park event terrorism. She has consistently proven herself to be incompetent and a hypocrite. She spent £11000 of taxpayers money on a portrait of her ugly self.

Abbot is to UK politics what Hillary Clinton is/was to US politics. She is dangerous ignorant, arrogant, unhealthy, and should never be allowed anywhere near power of any sort.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Is there evidence that the Tories think tax avoidance is good, because that's what you are saying, and there is no evidence that is the case.

You are confusing 'tax avoidance' (which is a legal accounting practice) with 'taxation'. The Tories couldn't care less about the former but have firm views on the latter.

From page 16 of the 2017 Election Manifesto of the Conservative Party:

Corporation Tax is due to fall to 17 per cent by 2020 - the lowest rate of any developed economy - and we will stick to that plan, because it will help to bring huge investment and thousands of jobs to the UK.

This shouldn't really need any further clarification.
edit on 25-6-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Abbot is a dangerous, power hungry, serial victim card player. There has been more than one incidence of her making anti-white and anti-male remarks. She has nothing but contempt for the military.
She referred to the Manchester and London Bridge terror attacks as incidents, yet immediately called the Finsbury Park event terrorism. She has consistently proven herself to be incompetent and a hypocrite. She spent £11000 of taxpayers money on a portrait of her ugly self.
Abbot is to UK politics what Hillary Clinton is/was to US politics. She is dangerous ignorant, arrogant, unhealthy, and should never be allowed anywhere near power of any sort.

Her hypocrisy is breathtaking

It’s hypocrisy, or the perception of hypocrisy, that matters. Today, more than ever, the charge of double standards is one that is crippling to any political career. And there can be no more obvious case of hypocrisy than a politician who criticises others for choices that they themselves have made.

Diane Abbott is probably the best example of this. The Hackney MP volubly criticised both Tony Blair and Harriet Harman for the choices they made in sending their children to selective state schools. And then, gloriously, deliciously, it emerged that Ms Abbott had sent her own son, not to a selective state school, but to a fee-paying public school.

No such charge of hypocrisy can be laid at the door of Baroness Chakrabarti, newly ennobled by Jeremy “I won’t appoint any new members of the unelected Lords” Corbyn. It turns out Chakrabarti’s 13-year-old son attends Dulwich College, which demands fees of £13,000 a year. But the Baroness, tipped to become Corbyn’s Shadow Attorney General any day now,

Perhaps what matters to Corbyn and those around him is not your background, and not whether you’ve chosen private education or even private healthcare for your family. Instead your value is now much more easily quantified – by how helpful you’re prepared to be to the Leader.

In which case, both Abbott and Chakrabarti are perfect recruits.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What about his Shadow Chancellor McMao at Glastonbury? Saying that the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire were "murdered" and then bringing in cuts to firefighters being responsible?

Despicable.

And as we are on about terrorism JC and McMao only ever wanted a military victory for the IRA, not a peace process.

I remember McMao trying to excuse his infamous praising of the IRA for "their bombs and their bullets" by claiming that he had to be careful not to upset the IRA because he was at the time engaged in the peace process that led to the Good Friday Agreement which he then tried to take credit for. Do bear in mind the fact that (1) McMao was at the time an insignificant back bencher who had nothing to do with negotiations and wholly supported the IRA's armed struggle and (2) he said this years after the Good Friday Agreement.

Lying little weasel. Totally untrustworthy and deeply unpleasant. And he desperately tried to hide his private schooldays so like many of JC's cronies a massive hypocrite to boot.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
What about his Shadow Chancellor McMao at Glastonbury? Saying that the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire were "murdered" and then bringing in cuts to firefighters being responsible?

What about him? It's a free country, he can say what he likes. And he has facts on his side.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Oh, really? what facts?

He claimed freezing firefighters pay was a factor in these poor peoples' deaths.

Really? Pass the sickbag....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Oh, really? what facts?

He claimed freezing firefighters pay was a factor in these poor peoples' deaths.

Here's what he actually said:

"Is democracy working? It didn't work if you were a family living on the 20th floor of Grenfell Tower.

"Those families, those individuals - 79 so far and there will be more - were murdered by political decisions that were taken over recent decades.

"The decision not to build homes and to view housing as only for financial speculation rather than for meeting a basic human need made by politicians over decades murdered those families.

"The decision to close fire stations and to cut 10,000 firefighters and then to freeze their pay for over a decade contributed to those deaths inevitably and they were political decisions."

Source.

Here is a Guardian article quoting some of the firefighters who were at Grenfell Tower:

Other firefighters said they could not speak freely, but had been in the fire, rescuing residents. Some had used up four oxygen canisters going in and out of the flames. Cuts to the fire service had taken a serious toll on operations, they said.

“Put it this way, you’re meant to work on a fire for a maximum of four hours, we’ve been here for 12. Hopefully, we’ll get home at some point before we have to come back tonight.”

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

OK. I see from the full article that firefighters views were mixed on the resources issue with some saying they were happy with resources and equipment but you only highlighted the bits that suit you.

Firefighter don't just knock off after 4 hours attending a major fire.

How was any lack of resources an issue here, with 40 fire engines in attendance within minutes?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

Does this count as associated with known IRA activists?

www.google.co.uk...

Meeting isn't really associating with. Especially when a Tory Councillor wass a weapons smuggler for the IRA and the Torquay Conservative Club gave honours to IRA gunman, bomber and heroin trafficker Gerry McGivern

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Oh, come off it! the linked article has JC lying through his teeth and claiming to Andrew Neil in an interview that he had never met the IRA. Did you actually look up the link to Guido?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join