It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Meaning of Life??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: rickymouse

Try to minimize the bad and maximize the good.

If you feel inferior because of past things you did, then you need to just reset your consciousness and forgive yourself and admit you did some stupid things in the past. We all have done stupid things, trying to constantly justify our mistakes instead of admitting them makes us always a little on edge.

Owning the mistakes instead of ignoring them.

It is important not to forget the mistakes you made and try to pass this on to our kids...who do not listen anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli Every purpose has an entity that gives that purpose. A rock has no purpose. Purpose comes from a sentient being deciding to do something (the purpose) and figuring out how to accomplish it. When you pose the question: "What is the meaning of life?" you are sneaking in a hidden assumption that something somewhere somehow gave a purpose to life. Hidden assumptions are a bad deal for everyone, just like trick questions in a court of law.

If you want to make assumptions, make them out in the open. Say: I think there is a sentient being that created life to fulfill some purpose, but I don't know what it is. That is more honest than "What is the meaning of life?"

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Likewise my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

Clarity

I asked for clarity of vision.
It became so clear.

I asked for clarity of purpose.
Aha! To teach what was so clear.

Then I asked for credibility;
to be believed when I spoke.

Those who understood my words
questioned, objected, and argued.

Those who did not understand
chose to follow.

I prayed then,
"Oh my God,
please release those
who are enthralled."

My sight grew dim.
My purpose ambiguous.

I don't think that I agree
with what I once taught.

But I am not quite certain;
For there is much that I do not remember.

edit on 24-6-2017 by pthena because: polish

edit on 24-6-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

tried to watch the video, but just could not handle the way this guy trys talk/rap makes me want to punch him in his face like a wannabe.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jesus said we were created for relationship, with God and each other
We are here with one single purpose, to love and help each other, to be a self sacrifice to each other

Why is religion so despised, simply because it judges people and puts people down.
Religion should be despised totally, it corrupts people

It can't work but it has to start somewhere

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Why is religion so despised, simply because it judges people and puts people down.

I'm not so certain that being judged is the main reason (although I'm sure many people do feel this way). The corruption part is definitely a main reason, tough.

I'd also add that child indoctrination is pretty evil in its own right too. At least, from my perspective

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I'm not so certain that being judged is the main reason (although I'm sure many people do feel this way). The corruption part is definitely a main reason, tough.

I'd also add that child indoctrination is pretty evil in its own right too. At least, from my perspective

Isn't it funny ghost, how you think we as Christians are the child indoctrinaers and you are the righteous minority.
You, The crusaders to end the oppression
Almost like you own all children and think you are the all powerful only one who knows what's right and wrong
Fundamentalist atheist

And don't ever tell me again that atheism isn't a religion, don't teach children religion is a doctrine
You indoctrinate children

You don't believe in the truth or education, only atheism and science, and a perverted form of science at that.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What is the meaning of life?

To create, of course. We are the creator's creator. Hey didn't God said this:

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

It's time to take the tree of life and, eat and live forever. To science and technology.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It's a movie by the Monty Python team.

... and I know my life's meaning.

Has it occurred to you that your life has a different meaning to everyone else's and that the possible answers to that question must be as varied as the human experience is varied?

To think that we all must fit to some single stereotype is not a particularly well reasoned conclusion. Just look out at the world around you.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When you ask "what is the meaning of life " , you are asking about meaning . So what is meaning ? Where does it come from ?
I think there is no such thing as inherent meaning. All meaning is manufactured in our minds , and then projected onto things or circumstances .
That's why man's search for the meaning of life is ultimately futile , as long as we are looking for some external inherent meaning "out there " . It doesn't exist .
If you desire meaning you'll have to create it yourself. Or what we usually do is accept the meanings that are supplied to us by others .
As far as GOD goes . I believe that a creator must exist .
So , why did he create the creation ? I believe he may have done so to create meaning for himself . Because what would be the point in existing alone , in nothingness , forever ?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

A fruit in it season is known, but before it time of growing it is not yet shown. The world being a field and man being seeds each a type of plant shown in it fruits in it season. This is the purpose of life, to sort those who are good from evil, to advance in spirit by choosing the truth and goodness of Light, or if people fail to decline into darkness by embracing lies and evil.
edit on 26-6-2017 by EhYehEsherEhYeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is impossible to “know” all the details(or even a few) of the meaning of life so a belief about it is even less comprehensible.The most reasonable assumption is what humans perceive as life is not Life since the vast majority of ALL of life in the physical universe we can perceive is unobservable(from cosmology’s dark energy and dark matter to quantum physics).

It is more likely the physical matter life humans are living(or believe they are) is similar to the beginning of a conception of a cell of human spermatozoon and ovum fused in a womb into a zygote without any knowledge by the being that is being formed.That would make in effect, the physical universe like a womb.If there is a creator God they would be like a Father and everything they create(conceive) are their children.

When we were conceived by our parents we had zero choice on how to ‘form” our life or even the choice to start it or what it is.The many varying degrees of religious belief that we somehow can “cause”(by effort of any kind) this higher Life(we can know nothing about) in any shape or form is ludicrous.

The bottom line(without knowing the details) is this life purpose is only a shadow of Life,or more accurately, we have not yet even begun to Live .My suggestion is to enjoy (and endure) your “life” as much as possible because it is impossible to know the end result.Anyone who “believes” they know or can control the outcome is completely deluded to true reality(Truth).

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Isn't it funny ghost, how you think we as Christians are the child indoctrinaers and you are the righteous minority.

Simply because I frown upon religious indoctrination does not mean I believe I'm the righteous one because I'm not religion.

Hell, the same could be said about racism, prejudice, homophobia, so on and so forth.

I find instilling anything like that a form of evil.

But, that's just my opinion, And I respect your right to have opinions too, even if I believe they'reunfounded.

You do you, little buddy

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Simply because I frown upon religious indoctrination does not mean I believe I'm the righteous one because I'm not religion.

Hell, the same could be said about racism, prejudice, homophobia, so on and so forth.

I find instilling anything like that a form of evil.

But, that's just my opinion, And I respect your right to have opinions too, even if I believe they'reunfounded.

You do you, little buddy

It just amazes me you can't see the hypocrisy in it skipper
It's like you are the godfather.. Of all that is right and you know better than everyone else
You are not that important, megalomaniac much

Believe it or not I frown on religious indoctrination as well, but I don't see myself as the crusader freeing the world from oppression

How do you end this oppression,ma sword
Atheist fundamentalist?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It's like you are the godfather.. Of all that is right and you know better than everyone else

Believe it or not I frown on religious indoctrination as well, but I don't see myself as the crusader freeing the world from oppression

How do you end this oppression,ma sword
Atheist fundamentalist?

Yup! That's me in a nutshell

I can tell by all the quotes you've posted of mine that express and verify your accusations of me.

I'm one crazy atheist alright, with all my science and stuff. What will I be up to next!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

How do you end this oppression, sword
Atheist fundamentalist?

Yup! That's me in a nutshell

I can tell by all the quotes you've posted of mine that express and verify your accusations of me.

I'm one crazy atheist alright, with all my science and stuff. What will I be up to next!

I am guessing a sword to all those who indoctrinate their children, ala the Roman Catholics and those who questioned their authority

Pseudo science Ghost, lets not forget that
You are not the sole purveyor of science and you dont get to laud it over others.
I draw the line at your hocus pocus evolution faith, theory, its not science, religion disguised as science.

So when you say science, you act like you know it ALL, that christians disagree with all science.
Thats just a lie

I wouldnt say crazy, just arrogant and self righteous is all.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

This video has over the 3.5 million views and made many people reflect on the purpose of life.

3.5 million views is "many" (for youtube in this case).

Matthew 7:13,14

13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

Something Jesus once said (just after what has become known as "the golden rule") and just before talking about false prophets (which is not limited to only those that are predicting the future).

The Greek pro·pheʹtes literally means “a speaker out [Gr., pro, “before” or “in front of,” and phe·miʹ, “say”]” and thus describes a proclaimer, one who makes known messages attributed to a divine source. (Compare Tit 1:12.) Though this includes the thought of a predictor of the future, the fundamental meaning of the word is not that of prediction. (Compare Jg 6:7-10.)

"Mainstream" is another word one can consider when meditating on Matthew 7:13,14. Not only media channels such as CNN, CBS and Fox should be considered when thinking about the concept of "mainstream" (media). There's a lot more "mainstream" around. Alex Jones and David Icke and all those connected to their message about the NWO (the so-called Truth Movement) is as mainstream as the mainstream media they are painting as an illuminati or NWO mass-control mechanism. Just to name a few examples. Islam is mainstream (both the Sunni and Shiite variations), Christendom and Trinitarianism is mainstream, Buddhism and Hinduism is mainstream, evolutionary philosophies are mainstream, young earth creationism is mainstream. Note for example how on youtube most videos (with high view numbers) with debates about evolutionary philosophies have young earth creationism pitted against the evolutionist, there are few videos like this one (2591 views now, at least a hundred are mine if not more):

But plenty like this one (with high view counts, this one has over 6 million and there's nothing useful* in it, a complete waste of time and brainpower):

*: Well, maybe the opening music before the debate starts, it's sort of relaxing.
edit on 27-6-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am guessing a sword to all those who indoctrinate their children, ala the Roman Catholics and those who questioned their authority

That's what you do best, raggedyman, you guess my intentions. Not accurately, but that's what you enjoy doing

Pseudo science Ghost, lets not forget that
You are not the sole purveyor of science and you dont get to laud it over others.
I draw the line at your hocus pocus evolution faith, theory, its not science, religion disguised as science.

That's me, the sole purvayor of Evolution. I created it, I am it's ruler, and I decide whom is forced to learn such horrid concepts! Mwahahahaha.

So when you say science, you act like you know it ALL, that christians disagree with all science.
Thats just a lie

Got a quote from that? Because I can actually provide many of which I've stated the exact opposite.

Here, I'll even provide one right now! Lucky you:

I Ghost147, here by profess that any persons within any religion - and also without - are capable of accepting any forms of science, and also - if they so wish - may reject any forms of science as well.

You're welcome

I wouldnt say crazy, just arrogant and self righteous is all.

True and true. Your guesses are infallible

Edit: Was just about to add more to this ridiculous post and noticed it already has a star from some unknown individual literally 5 seconds after I posted it.

It must be one of my millions of sock-accounts of which I use to flag my own topics and star my own posts. right raggedyman? You are the smartest person on earth, after all, and also psychic, as you can predict my every move and know everything I'm thinking.

After all, NOBODY could POSSIBLY accept such a faith-based, magical belief system like Evolution! WHO COULD EVER BELIEVE SOMETHING SO ABSURD!!!!

Ok i'm going to bed now...

edit on 29/6/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join