It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Meaning of Life??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We spend so much time living life, yet not enough time thinking about what are we doing alive. Ponder over the meaning of life, the purpose of our existence, who is responsible for our creation and what happens when we leave. If you don't want to think about where you came from, at least think about where you are going to go when it's all over.

How come so many people think that the belief in God is something stupid? While many of the most bright scientists even believed in God:

Francis Collins: F.Collins has led a consortium of scientists to read out the 3.1 billion letters of the human genome, our own DNA instruction book. As a believer, Collins said he sees DNA as:

“the information of all living things, as God’s language, and the elegance and complexity of our own bodies and the rest of nature as a reflection of God’s plan.”

Albert Einstein, one of the most highly recognized and revered scientists of the twentieth century believed in religion. The founder of modern physics and Nobel laureate recognized the impossibility of a non-created university, quoted saying:

“Everyone who is seriously committed to the cultivation of science becomes convinced that in all the laws of the universe is manifest a spirit vastly superior to man, and to which we with our powers must feel humble.”

Even Charles Darwin believed in God, I bet it’s a big surprise for many given his contributions to evolutionary theory but the scientist did believe in God and believed there could be a relationship between faith and science, quoted saying:

“I have never denied the existence of God. I think the theory of evolution is fully compatible with faith in God. I think the greatest argument for the existence in God is the impossibility of demonstrating and understanding that the immense universe, sublime above all measure, and man were the result of chance.”

Johannes Kepler the brilliant mathematician and one of the greatest astronomers could not deny God or his power, quoted saying:

“God is great. Great is his power, infinite his wisdom. Praise him, heaven and earth, sun, moon, and stars in your own language. My Lord and my Creator. I would like to proclaim the magnificence of your works to men to the extent that my limited intelligence can understand.”

Sir Isaac Newton, the founder of classical theoretical physics is known for his genius in the world of optics, mechanics and mathematics. He is quoted saying:

“What we know is a drop, what we do not know is a vast ocean. The admirable arrangement and harmony of the universe could only have come from the plan of an omniscient and omnipotent being.”

Is our death really then end of our existence or does our soul live on forever? Are you living “YOLO” or are you living knowing one day you’ll meet your Lord?

There’s this cool video that deals with this topic very well imo. This video has over the 3.5 million views and made many people reflect on the purpose of life.

THE MEANING OF LIFE | MUSLIM SPOKEN WORD
I promise you that it isn’t a boring video, just press play and listen.

So what is the meaning of your life? Or is there no meaning at all? Everyone is free to answer according to his opinion/religion but please have respect for each other's views.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Everyone knows the answer for "What is the meaning of life?"

The answer is "42".

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

So what is the meaning of your life?

To learn what you're in this "hell" for...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The reason I'm an atheist is Because I thought about the meaning of life, found out the unlikely chance of any form of creator, realized that the concepts of life after death are constructs to instil fear into religion, and providing an easier way for religions to indoctrinate their soon to be followers.

But! Most importantly, after spending pretty much my entire life researching the world and universe around us, as well as life itself, it's evident that it can all form naturally.

Of course, if there was any actual proof that any gods exist, I would change my stance. However, thus far all we can see is natural occurrences and phenomena.

Edit: although I'm at work now and can't provide any citations, many of your quotes are quotemined and do not accurately portray the views of those whom said it.

I'm sure there will be some responses soon that will correct the errors
edit on 24/6/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Honor System And The Honor Of Life...

Be There... Or Be Square!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The meaning of this temporary life is to slow us down, tire us out, and make us forget that the fall of man was not a forward step in spiritual progression, but a tangent which must be addressed before we can get back on the intended track.

This life is not life, it is bound stolen energy used against itself in a stall tactic installed by the creators alter ego, the inverted reflection of the Source echoing from the core.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I did try to watch the video, and to tell the truth, I had no particular expectations as to the subject, but I just couldn't make it much past the 1:30-2:00. Some folks are just way too caught up in religious fairy tales to be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that a human being should be able to worship, or be religious, in any way that they want, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others, but I just don't have patience for listening to utter drivel.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The true meaning of life is to make it to adulthood then breed. Other than that it's just the bull# you decide to fit in between.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't think the meaning of life will be revealed by some academic pseudo intellectual Bull sH!t artist.

It would be more truthful and revealing to get answers from someone in hospice care or a homeless drunk.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am here to gain experience, to learn what I can learn which included learning to discern the truth from lies.

I believe there is something that structures our reality, that something could be a being, it could be what some people refer to as god. I do not believe in most interpretations of religion though. I just believe in god. I believe every so often one who can link to this supreme consciousness is born. Sort of an autism spectrum disorder I suppose, our society will put the messiah on drugs to make sure that he or she cannot communicate with god.

It is true, once a person experiences a lot and sees how super complex things are, they usually tend to go towards intelligent design creating things. I believe there is a consciousness they refer to as god and also a smaller local version made from the collective consciousness of this world. We need to tap into this collective consciousness of the world to power the communication to god. Jesus spent forty days in the wilderness to get the link. Just think what steering a billionth of the power of this world could accomplish.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is no meaning of life. You just live, however you choose to enjoy or suffer it. After we die, the energy returns on a journey through the universe, bouncing around between different life forms and energy sources until it eventually ends back up into something sentient. Every memory that energy has ever lived and experienced across time can be recalled in our energy form.

As soon as it become trapped in matter again, those memories are lost. An organic brain only has so much storage potential. That is why we always start anew from birth, and it is probably for the better.

Thats my belief and I am sticking to it!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I believe there is something that structures our reality, that something could be a being, it could be what some people refer to as god. I do not believe in most interpretations of religion though. I just believe in god. I believe every so often one who can link to this supreme consciousness is born. Sort of an autism spectrum disorder I suppose, our society will put the messiah on drugs to make sure that he or she cannot communicate with god.

It is true, once a person experiences a lot and sees how super complex things are, they usually tend to go towards intelligent design creating things. I believe there is a consciousness they refer to as god and also a smaller local version made from the collective consciousness of this world. We need to tap into this collective consciousness of the world to power the communication to god. Jesus spent forty days in the wilderness to get the link. Just think what steering a billionth of the power of this world could accomplish.

There are 2 ways that I know of how to increase body awareness.

Slowly thru mediation where the awareness of both energy body states and synchronicity increase slowly.
Amagydala fear overload. From my point of view Jesus 40 day wilderness is a story hinting of this experience.

Seems some authors knew what they where describing. Litany Against Fear.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Another thing, the scrutiny we put on ourselves can be far worse than others pile on us. If you feel inferior because of past things you did, then you need to just reset your consciousness and forgive yourself and admit you did some stupid things in the past. We all have done stupid things, trying to constantly justify our mistakes instead of admitting them makes us always a little on edge.

I did some stupid things in my life, I try not to do stupid things anymore but am stupid about it so I still do some stupid things once in a while. Less is better than more so I am going in the right direction, now my needs are way more important than my wants.....except when it comes to coffee.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

I agreed with everything you said until Islam was the answer.

Just because the soul exists (information matrix connected to your unconscious mind thru entanglement containing behavior patterns) and that this matrix can be connected to another avatar after disconnecting do not mean a Power pyramid theocratic system has anything to do with the divine (Judaism, Christian faith, Islam).

Power pyramid system are not a stable social structure that maximizes mutualism and minimize violence and manipulation. Sharia system or the western banking systems of control are both a corruption on mankind.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
There is no meaning of life. You just live, however you choose to enjoy or suffer it. After we die, the energy returns on a journey through the universe, bouncing around between different life forms and energy sources until it eventually ends back up into something sentient. Every memory that energy has ever lived and experienced across time can be recalled in our energy form.

As soon as it become trapped in matter again, those memories are lost. An organic brain only has so much storage potential. That is why we always start anew from birth, and it is probably for the better.

Thats my belief and I am sticking to it!

Thanks..
That sounds so, simple.. yet beautiful
You should start a religion

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Try to minimize the bad and maximize the good.

If you feel inferior because of past things you did, then you need to just reset your consciousness and forgive yourself and admit you did some stupid things in the past. We all have done stupid things, trying to constantly justify our mistakes instead of admitting them makes us always a little on edge.

Owning the mistakes instead of ignoring them.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Asking "What is the meaning of life?" is a category error, like asking e.g. "How orange is Tuesday?"

The question is really: "What am I meant to be doing with my life?" - and there is no objective answer to that which will fit everyone, only an answer that you can figure out for yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
I think something very close to it already exists, called Buddhism from what little I have read of it. Although I describe it in a more academic/scientific manner. Either way, it comes to the same conclusion.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
God is within, we are each a beacon of God's light shining on the world around us. Where is the text that you are reading right now? Right here. What is this? Light. You are seeing the light of God right now.

The meaning and purpose of life is in the beauty of the world and the experiences it provides both us and the light.

We are a way for the universe to perceive and know itself and to learn and grow and unfortunately in some cases, especially today's world and the corrupt society we live in, to also suffer. But without suffering there is nothing to learn from.
edit on 6/24/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Glad you understand

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join