It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger colludes with a foreign power to attack the US government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: allsee4eye

Where did you get your degree in meteorology and/or climate science?

I'm willing to bet that you're the only person participating in this thread that has one.

Just curious as to why you didn't ask anyone else where they got theirs.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see which theories are correct in the end. I wonder if they already know and are not telling us because of ..... money?

The one thing I am starting to discover is whatever theory our government/academia is currently pushing, flip it 180 degrees and you will be a lot closer to the truth.

I like the theories that state CO2 is a lagging indicator which could suggest it the rising CO2 levels is the effect and not the cause.

Myth: The close correlation of CO2 and temperature, as temperature has gone up and down over the last 400,000 years, proves that CO2 is causing the climate changes.

Fact: Since 1999, multiple technical, peer reviewed articles have been available that demonstrate exactly the opposite conclusion. CO2 changes lagged temperature changes as temperature increased or decreased. Temperature changed and then, several hundred years later, CO2 levels changed. Since a cause does not follow an effect, this indicates that CO2 is not a primary driver of climate change.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I'm willing to bet that you're the only person participating in this thread that has one.

Just curious as to why you didn't ask anyone else where they got theirs.

I listen to what people who are EDUCATED in the subject have to say, not the opinions of someone with no education in the subject who, instead, relies on what amounts to his "gut feeling".

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

LIterally thousands of great minds who have valid reason to doubt the alarmism the IPCC is selling. Do you know who Edward Teller is? One of the greatest scientific minds ever to have lived. He was suckered in until he learned more and changed his mind. There is still hope for the alarmists, the data and science is out there for all to see if they want to dig into it. When it becomes a dogmatic religion for them, there are never going to change their minds, they will instead resort to personal attacks and deny all the science that says C02 is but a small contributor to climate change.

Teller was one of the first prominent people to raise the danger of climate change, driven by the burning of fossil fuels. At an address to the membership of the American Chemical Society in December 1957, Teller warned that the large amount of carbon-based fuel that had been burnt since the mid-19th century was increasing the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which would "act in the same way as a greenhouse and will raise the temperature at the surface", and that he had calculated that if the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increased by 10% "an appreciable part of the polar ice might melt."

However, as better data and models were created, Teller, in his later years, would come to deride much of what he saw as increasingly common exaggerations and general doomsdayism on the matter of climate change. Thus, he became one of the most prestigious signers[82] of the Oregon Petition. The petition, drafted in 1998, states, in part: "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate" .
Wikipedia
edit on 24-6-2017 by ZaneDog because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2017 by ZaneDog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Educated, that is such a powerful word. I wonder in the upcoming years if that will be something to be proud of or if people will start hiding that personal information from others?

Maybe we can start differentiating the word Educated. I predict MSE (Main Stream Educated) will take a turn in the near future.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

― Upton Sinclair

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Climate change is a disguise for an equally terrible problem an entire oligarchy system in the energy sector that basically is using screw driver level technology. It seeps so deep it's in all over foreign policy as well.

Electric motors are more efficient than fossil fuel combustion engines. Power plants can produce cleaner energy even with coal than everyone using gas cars.

The biggest issue with energy is pollution and habitat destruction. It's obscene we are using antique systems.

If we spent the same amount of subsidies equally in the energy sector or took them away we would be far better off. Oil should be saved for synthetics.

edit on 24-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You wanna talk subsidies??

Renewables Get 25 Times The Subsidy That Fossil Fuels Do
Forbes Link

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Plants have a cooling effect on the planet though. They release C02 when cut down. If we had trees that were hundreds and thousands of years old we would have a LOT More 02. Just my humble opinion. I think that the more C02 there is, the more plants will thrive on the planet. The more plants thrive, the more people thrive. It's just all how nature works, and I think EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE on this issue without ANY political involvement AT ALL!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Strange that Arnie has just been pronounced dead, tragic accident.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZaneDog
a reply to: luthier

You wanna talk subsidies??

Renewables Get 25 Times The Subsidy That Fossil Fuels Do
Forbes Link

Lol. Did you read the article?

Little something to think about.

The first 15 years, the report says, are critical to developing new technologies. It finds that oil and gas subsidies, including tax breaks and government spending, were about five times as much as aid to renewables during their first 15 years of development; nuclear received 10 times as much support.

cen.acs.org...

edit on 24-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: UKTruth

This is collusion with a foreign power directed against the elected government of America. Obviously an attack on our democratic system, as Dems would say.

Why do the former united States people talk about "America" if you mean the former USA?
It´s like the idiots here in Europe, that talk about the EU but mean Europe.

America is America, a continent, and not the freaking former US of A!

And to Macron or Macrönchen, as we call him here in Germany, that neoliberal enemy of the people, will be chased out of power soon, as he tries to overlay France with the german idea of "social politics", in Germany called Hartz4.

Less than 30% of the french people voted(because it makes no sense to vote for any of those politican liars) and Macrönchen is far away from having people behind him, backing him.
As i know the french people, and that´s what i respect them most for, they will be preparing the guillotines right now! Right about time!

edit on 25 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

CO2 follows temperature. Temperature goes up, CO2 goes up. Temperature goes down, CO2 goes down. CO2 does not cause temperature to do anything. Correlation is not causation. Al Gore is no statistician. If CO2 causes temperature, it be like twice as hot as it was in the 1800s. Fact, temperature today is the same as temperature in the 1800s.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Ha! Galileo didn't have a college degree, and he proved scientists of thousands of years wrong, with a simple experiment that everyone can see with their own eyes.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Leaders would like to increase CO2. CO2 is bad for animals. More CO2, the more dizzy, the less intelligence, easier to manipulate the masses. See the movie Idiocracy 2006.

This is the comedy movie where the human race starts watering crops with Brawndo energy drink instead of water! If I didn't know Mike Judge made that movie, I would have guessed it was you judging by your creative trolling skills!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's true CO2 is a factor. There are thousands of other factors. That's why climate is unpredictable just like weather. People don't need government telling them what to do about climate. They can decide for themselves if they should continue driving.

There is no climate emergency in the foreseeable future. Maybe temperature increased by 0.1 C or decreased by 0.1 C. Nothing that a person can even notice.
Oops, that's the thing, climate by definition is SUPPOSED to be predictable, whereas weather is variable... As such CHANGE IN THE CLIMATE is NOT natural.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 16180339

Incorrect. Everything changes. The universe is all about change. Compare the climate from 20,000 years from today. Big difference. Nothing stays the same.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

That's anecdotal.

I mean if I say the same thing, that I trust my senses, but I say I HAVE felt a definitive shift in climate where does that leave us?

Reality is not decided by what someone posting on ATS feels with their own senses.

The thing about the whole "human changed climate change is a conspiracy" claim is that we now have thousands of amateur meteorologists who keep track of things like temperature. So when we say that it's the hottest year on record yet again we're not just dealing with data collected from thousands of trained scientists, who, according to conspiracy theorists, are all in on a globalist conspiracy - we also have the data collected from anyone who cares to collect temperature data, non-professionals included.

The fact that CO2 concentration raises global temperature has been attested for a centuries worth of science. We know that human pollution is making the issue worse. At this point society is a smoker staring at the same steadily worsening lungs and growing tumors and still wanting to smoke a pack a day. Keep in mind that the tobacco companies had scientists in their employ, back in the day, who insisted that smoking wasn't bad for you despite overwhelming evidence. Today energy companies have those same sorts of shills. And yet conspiracy theorists think its the ones, amateur and professional alike, who want to save the planet that are somehow ALL in on some conspiracy.

Making the health of our planet and atmosphere a political issue is not a good idea but that doesn't change the fact that governments are going to have to be the ones reining industry in to get us out of the issues we will face in the coming decades. And all of that is whether you feel like things have changed or not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join