It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger colludes with a foreign power to attack the US government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That's just silly.

Was just the natural state of the world at that point, driven exclusively by natural chemical reactions of the Jurrasic period.

Nobody was artificially pumping MORE C02 into the atmosphere or any other pollutants for that matter. At least not any given species. Unless we wanna count the aliens, but that's probably not conducive to our conversation.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Does it really matter anyways? The Paris accord is total political money making machine. If the world does nothing we still meet the accords goals...lol

If we do nothing then science fixes it too with electric cars/trucks that are better than gas car... better electrical production storage all around.

Today we are trying to push something that isn't ready, dump billions into it because it isn't ready, drain billions from tax payers BECAUSE IT ISN"T READY!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

CO2 was depleted from the air by plants that were not broken down by bacteria as they should have been. If they were trapped in locations lacking oxygen after they died, they were not broken down into CO2 and returned to the air. Over time, CO2 levels fell and if nothing is done about it then millions of years from now there wouldn't be enough CO2 to maintain plants. Without plants, all life would perish. People restored CO2 back to Jurassic level.

Nature isn't perfect. Sometimes, people step in and correct nature's errors to maintain life on this planet.

We know how much CO2 there is in the air. And current levels are still not enough. Need to be at least 55% more than 1800s level of 280 ppm.

Some people advocate reducing CO2 back to pre industrial level of 280 ppm. That is wrong. 280 ppm is too low to be healthy for nature. 280 ppm was the result of hundreds of millions of years of dead plants not broken down under low oxygen conditions which was nature's error.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...
edit on 24-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Where did you get your degree in meteorology and/or climate science?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I don't need a climate science degree. I got eyes. I got ears. I got nose. I got tongue. I got skin. I believe in my own senses. Galileo didn't need a degree to prove falling speed is not dependent on weight.
edit on 24-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
What are you talking about? We have MAJOR changes in global temperature. Hottest years on record in the last 5 or 10 years. Increasing rate of severe natural disasters, the changing of the jet stream etc.

I'm not stupid. I believe my own senses. I haven't sensed any change in climate over the last 30 yeas.

This is clearly a more valid measurement then science so the global warming debate is resolved.
edit on 24-6-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I don't need a climate science degree. I got eyes. I got ears. I got nose. I got tongue. I got skin. I believe in my own senses. Galileo didn't need a degree to prove falling speed is not dependent on weight.

So the tiny little part of the Earth you live in somehow then translates to the entire planet?

What utter nonsense.

Oh and thanks for confirming you do not have a degree and therefore have NO knowledge of what you are talking about.

edit on 24/6/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Galileo DID have a proof. You have an opinion.

Did you look at the Venus, sometime in the last 400.000.000 years? Because CO2 did get that planet in some deep problems..

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Skeptical science as a source? bahahahaaaa

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I can challenge any climate scientist out there and beat them at their own game. I got the scientific method. There is no experimental evidence to back them up. Western science is based on the scientific method.
edit on 24-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Venus temperature is caused by high air pressure, not by CO2. The same is true on Earth as well.

www.engineeringtoolbox.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
What are you talking about? We have MAJOR changes in global temperature. Hottest years on record in the last 5 or 10 years. Increasing rate of severe natural disasters, the changing of the jet stream etc.

I'm not stupid. I believe my own senses. I haven't sensed any change in climate over the last 30 yeas.

Keep living young man. By the time you're 40, half of Long Island will be gone! Why? Because man-made global warming is accelerating exponentially. Our wise elder, Al Gore, lays it all out very logically.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh I bet it won't be. How much do you want to bet? I bet 1 million. CO2 doesn't change temperature.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

C02 forcing is logarithmic, the IPCC models are broken and have failed to predict anything accurately. The last hopes of the alarmists is the skeptical science site, ran by John Cook, they will use that site extensively to try to rebut real science. Lets see some peer reviewed papers instead of a site run by an IPCC flunkie?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh I bet it won't be. How much do you want to bet? I bet 1 million. CO2 doesn't change temperature.

I'll see your $1 million, and raise you 3 global degrees.

Your turn...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I bet you 10 million.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We have to realize that if global temps start to drop for some reason, that C02 will still somehow get the blame.

The IPCC themselves have stated that it's not possible to predict future climate.

The science is far from settled and for those that don't know that, my only suggestion is to do some actual research, dig into the peer reviewed papers and discover reality.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I can challenge any climate scientist out there and beat them at their own game. I got the scientific method.

Then why don't you?

Why're you posting on ATS?

You alone could change the entire global scientific community's consensus with your personal scientific method that defeats years of scientific data, study, and analysis.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Climate data has only been collected for approximately 0.000004444 of a percent of earths history. It would be pretty stupid for someone to make a claim one way or the other. Maybe people shouldn't be listening to Bill Nye.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Where did you get your degree in meteorology and/or climate science?

Why does he need a degree in climate science to know whats going on?

Rajendra Kumar Pachauri (born 20 August 1940) was the chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). He held the post from 2002 until his resignation in 2015. He's a railroad engineer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join