It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger colludes with a foreign power to attack the US government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Here you go, one of MANY sources:

Source

The greenhouse effect works like this: Energy arrives from the sun in the form of visible light and ultraviolet radiation. The Earth then emits some of this energy as infrared radiation. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere 'capture' some of this heat, then re-emit it in all directions - including back to the Earth's surface.

Through this process, CO2 and other greenhouse gases keep the Earth’s surface 33°Celsius (59.4°F) warmer than it would be without them. We have added 42% more CO2, and temperatures have gone up. There should be some evidence that links CO2 to the temperature rise.

So far, the average global temperature has gone up by about 0.8 degrees C (1.4°F):

"According to an ongoing temperature analysis conducted by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS)…the average global temperature on Earth has increased by about 0.8°Celsius (1.4°Fahrenheit) since 1880. Two-thirds of the warming has occurred since 1975, at a rate of roughly 0.15-0.20°C per decade."

The temperatures are going up, just like the theory predicted. But where’s the connection with CO2, or other greenhouse gases like methane, ozone or nitrous oxide?

The connection can be found in the spectrum of greenhouse radiation. Using high-resolution FTIR spectroscopy, we can measure the exact wavelengths of long-wave (infrared) radiation reaching the ground.

Figure 1: Spectrum of the greenhouse radiation measured at the surface. Greenhouse effect from water vapour is filtered out, showing the contributions of other greenhouse gases (Evans 2006).

Sure enough, we can see that CO2 is adding considerable warming, along with ozone (O3) and methane (CH4). This is called surface radiative forcing, and the measurements are part of the empirical evidence that CO2 is causing the warming.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I don't like Ahnold as a politician and I don't buy
global warming. But when a thread goes over the top like
this un here. I have to say WOW!

edit on Rpm62417v00201700000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's true CO2 is a factor. There are thousands of other factors. That's why climate is unpredictable just like weather. People don't need government telling them what to do about climate. They can decide for themselves if they should continue driving.

There is no climate emergency in the foreseeable future. Maybe temperature increased by 0.1 C or decreased by 0.1 C. Nothing that a person can even notice.

edit on 24-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Regardless of the climate change talking points in this thread, it is rather strange that an American citizen and ex governor would be teaming up with a foreign leader to push anti US govt talking points into US homes. Nothing illegal about it, but I wonder if someone like Roger Stone or Michael Flynn were in a video with Putin would there be an uproar?
edit on 24/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
The Earth is proven to be round. CO2 is not proven to cause higher temperature. Big difference.

Not according to some who say they trust their senses.

Trump is the elected government. Schwarzenegger is not. Going against the policy of the elected government is an attack.

That still doesn't make this an attack. Hyperbole much?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is collusion with a foreign power directed against the elected government of America. Obviously an attack on our democratic system, as Dems would say.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

This is collusion with a foreign power directed against the elected government of America. Obviously an attack on our democratic system, as Dems would say.

For what purpose?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

To cause chaos at the least, to cause civil war at the most. If you ask me what is their purpose, that is my answer. It's all about money. Putting money into their pockets, or seizing power.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
outright lies about what the Paris Agreement actually entailed.

So then you actually read it?
Because what I gathered the only people that were required to take any action for the next 15 years was America and the west. Including Canada. Yet we have already drastically lowered our co2 emissions with cleaner methods. Meanwhile places like China and India are allowed to put all manor of pollutant into the land, air, and water for the next decade.
Thanks but no thanks.

The whole thing was a transfer of wealth.
From poor people in rich nations to rich people in poor nations.
If you read and understood the accord you would see this...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm confused...

There is nothing about this that comes remotely close to qualifying under US collusion laws.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The Paris accord is non binding. Every country sets their OWN targets.

And China is actually becoming a world leader in decreasing CO2 emissions, they've already cancelled hundreds of coal plants and are investing heavily in renewable energy.

~Tenth
edit on 6/24/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I hate being a parrot in every thread. I believe we should take better care of our world, we only have one garden of Eden and we can't be trashing it because of our wants. But this CO2 thing just looks at a small part and ignores the rest, it is a scam. A bunch of people want to make an easy and good living off of this, with money to travel all over and brag about what they are doing to fix things that they are not fixing.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's true CO2 is a factor. There are thousands of other factors. That's why climate is unpredictable just like weather. People don't need government telling them what to do about climate. They can decide for themselves if they should continue driving.

There is no climate emergency in the foreseeable future. Maybe temperature increased by 0.1 C or decreased by 0.1 C. Nothing that a person can even notice.

The 0.1 change affects the global climate, of course that's not going to bother any ONE individual, the issue comes from what it does to the overall weather systems we have on earth. Larger storms, longer droughts, bigger floods etc.

It's about global impact, not personal impact. The oceans are increasingly becoming acidic because of this already and some say we are currently in another mass extinction. (read about the Holocene Extinction.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week.

C02 emissions, create higher global temperatures, the more it's concentration increases in the atmosphere. That's just a basic chemical fact.

And although I don't agree with taxing carbon as a means of reducing the nation's carbon footprint, this is nowhere near an attack or collusion for that matter. If that was the case you can claim that a bunch of governments, mayors and other state legislatures are doing the same thing with Canada, Mexico and other countries.

So, nice try, but just more identity politics and propaganda to get a rise out of folk. Also, the source indicates that this is mostly a joke to take a jab at Trump for his nonsense policy on Global Warming - and outright lies about what the Paris Agreement actually entailed.

~Tenth

Basic chemical fact that ignores basic physical fact. Near infinite space and absolute zero surrounding a virtual mote that is earth.

More CO2 emitted by a volcano with an upset stomach that 'burps' than all of mankind's production of CO2.

More CO2 + higher temperatures= more rain into increased germination into absorbed CO2 and increased oxygen production.

A self balancing system.

Then the political 'fact'. Real environmental issues deflected by 'climate change'. Oceans, real chemical pollution, on and on.

The best of lies have a little truth in them......

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not refuting anything here:

Then the political 'fact'. Real environmental issues deflected by 'climate change'. Oceans, real chemical pollution, on and on.

The best of lies have a little truth in them......

Because CO2 is in fact - a distraction tool to keep proping up oil and natural gas in the form of carbon taxes and the fight to prevent them. It's the only thing that makes those industries still viable.

More CO2 + higher temperatures= more rain into increased germination into absorbed CO2 and increased oxygen production.

This however, only works in areas where that can actually occur. As we've removed a lot of our forested areas, and acidified the oceans via other means, we have effectively made it harder for those natural systems to balance out the temperature with the changing chemical composition of the atmosphere.

But by no means am I saying that CO2 is the only culprit and that the very evil people who try and run carbon tax schemes aren't ignoring more significant factors.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah Co2 levels during the Jurassic Period were 5 times what they are now.

Therefore Jurassic cars were 5 times bigger or there were 5 times as many of them... correct?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

CO2 is good for nature. CO2 is essential for life. CO2 has almost been restored to Jurassic levels.

Like all good things too much is bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

To cause chaos at the least, to cause civil war at the most

I'd say Trump supporters, with their hyper-partisanship, continued and constant abuse of "the left" and general ignorance of the reality around them, are actually the leading cause of tensions that may explode into full-blown civil war.

By the way, I note nobody has asked you what your university degree is? Not that anyone needs to, it is very clear you have no knowledge of climate science whatsoever - but it is prudent to ask.

edit on 24/6/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
I'm confused...

There is nothing about this that comes remotely close to qualifying under US collusion laws.

Don't be confused. It becomes quite clear when you realise the OP is just engaging in lying and trolling for the purposes of furthering the agenda of the "Right".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join