It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger colludes with a foreign power to attack the US government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Schwarzenegger and Macron form alliance to combat Trump's pro CO2 policy. They say CO2 causes global warming. It doesn't. When the hurricane season arrives later this year, they will say CO2 causes hurricanes. It doesn't. Their goal is to steal trillions from the pockets of the hard working men and women to make themselves richer than ever. Shame. Shame. Shame.

CO2 is good for nature. CO2 is essential for life. CO2 has almost been restored to Jurassic levels.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 24-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week.

C02 emissions, create higher global temperatures, the more it's concentration increases in the atmosphere. That's just a basic chemical fact.

And although I don't agree with taxing carbon as a means of reducing the nation's carbon footprint, this is nowhere near an attack or collusion for that matter. If that was the case you can claim that a bunch of governments, mayors and other state legislatures are doing the same thing with Canada, Mexico and other countries.

So, nice try, but just more identity politics and propaganda to get a rise out of folk. Also, the source indicates that this is mostly a joke to take a jab at Trump for his nonsense policy on Global Warming - and outright lies about what the Paris Agreement actually entailed.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
C02 emissions, create higher global temperatures, the more it's concentration increases in the atmosphere. That's just a basic chemical fact.

CO2 on its own might do that. But it's the water vapor feedback that is the key. Besides, there is no experimental evidence CO2 would boil the planet. CO2 up to 407 ppm from 280 ppm with no noticeable change in global temperature. Besides, people are not stupid. If CO2 does change the temperature, people would stop driving. People don't need the government telling them what to do.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

CO2 is good for nature. CO2 is essential for life. CO2 has almost been restored to Jurassic levels.

Oil is good for nature. Oil is essential for life. We need more oil in our waterways to keep them lubricated so the water keeps flowing.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

CO2 on its own might do that. But it's the water vapor feedback that is the key. Besides, there is no experimental evidence CO2 would boil the planet. CO2 up to 407 ppm from 280 ppm with no noticeable change in global temperature.

What are you talking about? We have MAJOR changes in global temperature. Hottest years on record in the last 5 or 10 years. Increasing rate of severe natural disasters, the changing of the jet stream etc.

These are all symptoms of climate change. Now CO2 plays into this, not as a 100% cause, but certainly a factor.

Besides, people are not stupid, if CO2 does change the temperature, people would stop driving. People don't need the government telling them what to do.

No, people are most certainly stupid, If they weren't, Congress would not have a 98% incumbency rate during elections and more than 40% of the population would vote. Most people can only read at like a 10th grade level, can only do math and science at a 8th grade level or lower.

The world is considerably less educated overall than it use to be, just by sheer numbers alone, not counting the crap education people get these days and all the time they spend worrying about facebook instead of let's say studying physics.

And no, even smart people don't stop doing things that are super convenient and cultural norms because it's bad for yourself or the environment.

People don't need the government telling them what to do.

That doesn't have anything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I think you've confused co2 with O2.

The animal and plant life was so huge during the Jurassic period due to the enormous amount of oxygen that
was on Earth at that time.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yeah Co2 levels during the Jurassic Period were 5 times what they are now. But you can't compare that to today because it fails to take into account all the other massive increases in other chemicals and elements that were present during that period, like O2.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What are you talking about? We have MAJOR changes in global temperature. Hottest years on record in the last 5 or 10 years. Increasing rate of severe natural disasters, the changing of the jet stream etc.

I'm not stupid. I believe my own senses. I haven't sensed any change in climate over the last 30 yeas.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Then I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand how science, temperature, or climate works.

Or you're a giant troll.

I really hope it's latter, because I'll just be dismayed if ATS members have started to become this stupid.

~Tenth
edit on 6/24/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm not stupid. I believe my own senses. I haven't sensed any change in climate over the last 30 yeas.

That's the biggest anecdotal fallacy I have ever witnessed, lol.

ETA:

Damn, Tenth beat me to it.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I believe in the scientific method. There is no experimental evidence CO2 causes higher temperature. CO2 up to 407 ppm from 280 ppm. It's currently 24 C where I live. Nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, a bit on the cooler side.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If you believed in the scientific method, you would know that your OPINION of it, doesn't matter.

You get to have your own opinions, but not your own facts. And yes, there is AMPLE evidence that CO2 causes higher temperatures, it's not my fault that you don't understand, or refuse to understand the guiding scientific principles behind that.

As one great astrophysicist said: "The Universe, is under no obligation to make sense to you."

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Leaders would like to increase CO2. CO2 is bad for animals. More CO2, the more dizzy, the less intelligence, easier to manipulate the masses. See the movie Idiocracy 2006.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm sure the earth looks pretty flat where you are as well.

All that aside, this isn't an attack on the US government.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You just said above that CO2 is GOOD for nature, and now you say it's bad for animals?

Do you believe anything you're saying Trolly Mc Trollface?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The Earth is proven to be round. CO2 is not proven to cause higher temperature. Big difference.

Trump is the elected government. Schwarzenegger is not. Going against the policy of the elected government is an attack.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

CO2 is good for plants. More CO2 makes animals dizzy, easier for leaders to control and manipulate the masses.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

CO2 is not proven to cause higher temperature. Big difference.

Yes, it has been proven. Sorry to break it to you.

Believing otherwise, doesn't make you any less wrong.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What's the proof? I haven't seen any proof.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

CO2 is good for plants. More CO2 makes animals dizzy, easier for leaders to control and manipulate the masses.

*Sigh*

More scientific ignorance. The PPM requirements for CO2 to affect you in that way has to way higher, in a much smaller area..

Some random documentary from 2006 isn't going to change my mind about scientific fact.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join