It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Hit By Cyber Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ukmicky1980
www.bbc.co.uk...

Breaking on BBC at the moment, apparently MP's were informed late last night. Very minimal information on BBC at the minute but in my opinion likely suspects will be North Korea, or possibly an evolution of the 'wannacry' attack?

THe BBC article only mentions emails at this stage, but if emails have been compromised theres bound to be some sensetive information potentially being grabbed.

Can't wait to see what gets released. Likely blamed on NoKo or Russia.

Dear Mr Junkers and Mrs Merkel...we dont want anymore immigrants but can we trade as normal and get our subsidies as normal..

Theresa xxx

Dear Theresa...# off.

Angela and Claude...lol

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well the government have come out and said that for the next couple of years they have to concentrate on these negotiations.
As a consequence, domestic issues must take a back seat which can't be good for the people of the UK. The housing problem is only going to get worse and I'm not sure what will happen regarding unemployment or the NHS.
Austerity measures are crippling those at the bottom of the wealth pile and May wants to continue with cuts.
Police budgets are still getting cut so crime will undoubtedly increase. I'm not a huge fan of the Police but I'm not stupid enough to believe we can live without them and we have the military on the streets already.
Its not looking good for us at all and censoring the internet will stifle the chance of grass roots organisations coming together.

Its also quite disturbing to many that her reasons for wanting more control is to stop islamophobia.

Not paedophiles, terrorists or criminals...just Islamophobia! Her actions are highly questionable.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Maybe you shouldn't hook your efiin Parliment to the effin internet, you boneheads.

I am not going to pretend it was an accident, however.

How stupid do they think people are?

Probably open ports, no encryption, probably called
importantparlimentemail.com
password:password

Good god man

Save us all from communicating and wrecking the scam.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The weirdest thing about this story is that it broke in the Financial Times over a month ago and has been completely ignored by every other media outlet in the UK until this week.

Bizarre. I cannot help but wonder why this story is suddenly being wheeled out now, as though it was some fresh revelation.

Edit to add: To be clear, the current story (June 2017) allegedly relates to a more recent hacking, and the May story relates to one from that point in time. My bafflement is over the fact that only one newspaper covered the "hacking" story in May, when it had great relevance because of the forthcoming election, but now that the election is over and it has apparently happened again, the media have gone full-coverage on it.
edit on 24-6-2017 by audubon because: clarification of potential ambiguity

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Probably because they couldn't cover it up any longer.
Its worrying as well as suspicious to me.

Apart from obviously secret stuff, government communications are supposed to be a matter of public record.
If they've been texting each other because e-mail has been compromised, I would be interested to know how many text messages were exchanged and what was the content of those messages?

Will we ever get that information? Most public records are generally covered by the thirty year rule but I don't know if that covers text messages.
Was this an attempt to pull some wool over our eyes?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Strange, any clues on LexisNexis as to why it's become news?

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: Peeple

Its also quite disturbing to many that her reasons for wanting more control is to stop islamophobia.

Not paedophiles, terrorists or criminals...just Islamophobia! Her actions are highly questionable.

That's obviously false, the IPA bill has been around for months and doesn't even mention Islamaphobia.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I don't think MPs' personal or constituent communications are covered by the Public Records Act. They aren't available using the UK's FOI Act, which makes me fairly confident on the matter. So they will never be archived at all, let alone made available in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Sorry, should've been clearer.
I was referring to clips I've seen on the news just lately.

Adding
I know TV is notorious for soundbite culture but whenever I've seen her talk about this all the emphasis is on "hate speech" and islamaphobia.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Edit to add: To be clear, the current story (June 2017) allegedly relates to a more recent hacking, and the May story relates to one from that point in time. My bafflement is over the fact that only one newspaper covered the "hacking" story in May, when it had great relevance because of the forthcoming election, but now that the election is over and it has apparently happened again, the media have gone full-coverage on it.

This second hack is getting more coverage by the U.S. media because there is so little "Trump bashing" material available. And because showing how vulnerable the U.K. Parliament is, provides some cover against accusations that former U.S. President Obama's government was taken advantage of by Russian hackers.

edit on 6/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Russians did it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I said if they've been texting each other.
Handy excuse for them don't you think?
You're right we probably won't ever know but could that be part of the plan?

Come on, your tin foil hats slipping.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Saw Corbyn in some interviews on the youtube before the election. The "creep factor" with that guy is off the charts. Made me wonder if he's human or a reptilian alien. Frankly, May's not much better.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

He dodges too many questions. Just sits there with a smug smile ignoring them.

We really need a tick box that says None of the above.
Anything over a certain percentage and we can force them out and have a new round of candidates.
It would be a pain in the a** but might enforce a bit more honesty.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A reply to: Tulpa

I long lobbied for the NOTA (none of the above) tick box for all US elections as well! And, I've speculated maybe we need rules that state that if NOTA wins for a positon twice in a row, the position is left vacant for the stated term, and if NOTA wins again on the next go-round, the position is eliminated.

Yea, I guess thats a bit drastic, but really, I don't know about the UK but in the US, the party politics is all broken and by that I mean we have way too many people just buying their way onto party tickets without ever being properly vetted by the particular party. Used to be that to rise up in the ranks a person had to pay their dues in the form of demonstrated party loyalty, service to the party, building alliances with the leadership, etc. But party discipline has all but fallen by the wayside.........the result? Donald Trump. He bought a "Republican" T-Shirt at the party shop and declared himself a Republican candidate after years of hefty financial donations to Democrat candidates. This is no way to run a Republic. Or a Constitutional Parlimentary Monarchy, (whatever the UK qualifies as).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join