It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parliament Hit By Cyber Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Breaking on BBC at the moment, apparently MP's were informed late last night. Very minimal information on BBC at the minute but in my opinion likely suspects will be North Korea, or possibly an evolution of the 'wannacry' attack?

THe BBC article only mentions emails at this stage, but if emails have been compromised theres bound to be some sensetive information potentially being grabbed.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980
www.bbc.co.uk...

Breaking on BBC at the moment, apparently MP's were informed late last night. Very minimal information on BBC at the minute but in my opinion likely suspects will be North Korea, or possibly an evolution of the 'wannacry' attack?

THe BBC article only mentions emails at this stage, but if emails have been compromised theres bound to be some sensetive information potentially being grabbed.

Can't wait to see what gets released. Likely blamed on NoKo or Russia.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's the Russians!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"Blamed?" Are you saying that it will be misattributed?

Without knowing anything yet, who is a more likely suspect in your opinion? Peru? Finland? A fat kid on his bed? Hillary Clinton? Kathy Griffin?

edit on 2017-6-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

Kid in the basement.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Without knowing anything yet, who a more likely suspect in your opinion? Peru? Finland? A fat kid on his bed? Hillary Clinton? Kathy Griffin?

Any number of players: Mossad, CIA, China, N. Korea, Joe Doxx and possibly Russia. But I'm sure you already have your mind made up for you.
edit on 24-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Let me guess. All inforinformation pertaining to government complicity in the Grenfell Tower affair has been compromised.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My bet:

Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group

Like:

Look, we are not safe from those "cyber" terrorists, they even "hack" our parliament, we have to raise Big Brother and watch all of "our" peop...potential terrorists, that have to pay for their own observation by the "anti all evil on earth" agencies!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeLovePutin
It's the Russians!

And Trump colluded with them! He's insulted that the U.K. Parliament won't allow him to speak there when he visits the United Kingdom this Fall.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Let me guess. All inforinformation pertaining to government complicity in the Grenfell Tower affair has been compromised.

Yeah, youre right, I guess we should add MI6 to the list of possible players.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Damn you Russia, Damn you all to Hell!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Without knowing anything yet, who is a more likely suspect in your opinion? Peru? Finland? A fat kid on his bed? Hillary Clinton? Kathy Griffin?

Your most likely suspect will be whoever the US intelligence services tell you it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Without knowing anything yet, who a more likely suspect in your opinion? Peru? Finland? A fat kid on his bed? Hillary Clinton? Kathy Griffin?

Any number of players: Mossad, CIA, China, N. Korea, Joe Doxx and possibly Russia. But I'm sure you already have your mind made up for you.

Add that to the long list of things you're wrong about. I haven't formed an opinion yet, it's a bit early and that was my point. The poster who I responded to, who wasn't you, already seemed to be exhibiting an undue bias. So please, spare me your self-righteous blather.
edit on 2017-6-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'm suspicious!

Theresa May is intent on cracking down on internet freedom and this plays right into her hands.
I dare say any uncomfortable information that comes out about this unpopular, current government will be denied or blamed on malicious hackers.

There's no need to blame foreign powers. Gary McKinnon wasn't a Russian or North Korean.
Remember him? Hacked NASA , among others, looking for evidence of UFOs.

There's another young lad, whose name escapes me, that's facing extradition to the USA for hacking at the moment.
We have plenty of homegrown "talent" who could be responsible.
The timing just seems too good to be true for my liking, though.

Just adding that the BBC are not to be trusted either.
They have their own (Globalist) agenda and I wouldn't put it past them to spread fake news. They are quite often silent about things I've had to find out about elsewhere. Not that I watch too much TV these days.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Tulpa because: Boycott BBC

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is very bad news. The consequences are scary... years of successive Governments implementing non Brit-friendly policies, funding doomed reorganisations to weaken our economy, and coming up with duff initiatives to isolate the UK diplomatically...

On reflection, I'll put the kettle on, nearly time for 'Britains Got Talent' 😊

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeLovePutin

Time to call "Vlad the Emailer"!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

You may be correct in being suspicious........but I'd have thought that with the last election that was apparently disastrous for Ma, that your Parliament would be hopelessly gridlocked, incapable of doing much of anything. And that's not a put down; God knows the US government is a barely functioning basket case, so its not a put down, but rather a suspicion of mine based upon recent events.

The UK worries me, or perhaps I should say, I worry for the UK. The pound, since end of WWII is no longer the world's reserve currency........that means the UK can't run endless deficits. Without a functioning government, the UK could waltz off a fiscal cliff in short order.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeLovePutin
It's the Russians!

It could well be. They have form. They attacked the German Parliament recently, amongst other acts.

The operations cited by the BfV intelligence agency ranged from an aggressive attack called Sofacy or APT 28 that hit Nato members and knocked French TV station TV5Monde off air, to a hacking campaign called Sandworm that brought down part of Ukraine’s power grid last year.

Source - Guardian

Oh, of course the Russian's are innocent little fluffy things. We know this because that is what RT.com says.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You're right and May was an idiot to call an election after promising there wouldn't be one.
Another of her lies.
I predicted elsewhere that she wouldn't last another fortnight and this could be bad news for her. Not that I trust that commie scumbag Corbyn.
She's been weak sauce over the EU and was a remainer right up until the referendum.
Having said that, this hack could have originated in Brussels for all we know.
Would be to their advantage to snoop on the negotiation plans.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Exactly plus, the EU is like a controlled test area, for the globalist-elite(*ltbd I assume?) for their favourite child an united world.
Lots of money behind that commercial. Ha 80% of any elite benefit from war in one way or another. Including me. You, very likely too.
We're cattle. Not to any nefarious ET, but too powerful single men and women building Potemkin villages and nothing else.

What if the whole Brexit is staged, because the US is backing them and want to end the EU as it endangers their increasingly weak stance as superpower. With China "on the horizon" or "at the back door"....
End Europe. The UK has still the most powerful military in Europe.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Peeple because: Question

<<   2 >>

join