It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radon Gas and the Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Can Radon Gas cause people to have paranormal experiences be it real or a not so real hallucination ? as got me thinking about the experiences me and my family and even a friend over a period of 5 years witnessing slow wave like smoke in the middle of the attics on numerous occasions and its funny but my mother has been suffering Multiple Sclerosis for 35 years but 3 other women in our street have also been struck down with MS in the past 20 years ?....so maybe the smoke we witnessed was not paranormal but some sort of natural phenomena due to gas etc ?.
Or this gas etc could cause real paranormal experiences like my neighbour seeing a workmen from the 1930's and he seeing her which could of been a quick time slip or the other neighbour ( who funny enough his wife had MS ) telling about when he first moved in the street he had the most real life dream of been in the same are but as a Monk and getting hit in the head by a axe wielding Viking in which he passed out the woke up back in modern day.
Remember the place I live is in Tynemouth North East England and has a rich history.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

That's an interesting possibility. I live on Dartmoor which is renowned for supernatural etc, and is of course, on a Radon producing Granite base.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hallucinations?? Maybe...

But people have been comming up with experiments to prove the existence of ghosts for millinia!! With zero success...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

But people have been comming up with experiments to prove the existence of ghosts for millinia!! With zero success...

Not exactly true when it comes to the "'ghost" being in a real person, usually a young child, that gives excellent evidence for being a reincarnation of a former person. Science can't tackle that that situation nor has it really tackled with any effort other evidences for the things we call "ghosts.

...'Bout like the UFO situation, call it false and leave it alone afraid they will learn something they don't want to....

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

short answer - no

long answer - no because

nothing in its chemical pr physical properties would dis[pose it to cause " halucinations " or paranormal effects

it was used [ ratther stupidly ] as a " medical treatment " - all it did was demonstrate its carcenogenic properties

so - no

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The 'spirit' realm is ethereal, unrelated to this 'third' dimension or the toxins and or elements in the environment.

If you and others report similar experiences in the same place, at the same time even, then thats got more to do with spiritual encounters than 'shared toxicosis'.

After all spirits are people too, just without bodies. In fact your real self is a spirit also...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The 'spirit' realm is ethereal,

If the carcinogenic properties of Radon are effecting those centers of the brain that deal with perception. then there may not be a "spirit realm" at all, but rather the hallucinations of a sick mind...and since I live in a haunted house and have a granite foundation, may be time to make and appointment with my GP.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

I've lived in a haunted house, too. Over the years I rented rooms to people that responded to ads in the classified section that were total strangers and yet reported the same exact events without ever having known each other.

It is the similarity of these events that pretty much eliminates the notion of toxins. How a hallucination develops n individuals is unrelated to any 'toxins', if that 'hallucination' is the sound of someone shuffling around in the kitchen in slippers in the middle of night, or 'whispy mists in the attic'.

But I get the fear factor and the need to explain it. We have no base of experience for these events, they aren't familiar to us, so we struggle to explain it in terms of something ordinary or a 'disease'.

Go ahead and get yourself to a GP and get a physical for cancer from Radon, to be sure. To be really sure...

But you already know, like I knew, that some old lady that died in a house and haunting it for years is not because of the land or the house or toxins.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't think OP's hypothesis is tenable. For a start, workers who are routinely exposed to radiation (and at far greater levels than tiny percentages of radon diluted in open air) are not particularly prone to the paranormal; and for a finish, most paranormal events are reported in locales that are not near natural sources of radon.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Not exactly true when it comes to the "'ghost" being in a real person, usually a young child, that gives excellent evidence for being a reincarnation of a former person. Science can't tackle that that situation nor has it really tackled with any effort other evidences for the things we call "ghosts.

...'Bout like the UFO situation, call it false and leave it alone afraid they will learn something they don't want to....

Talking about young kids then the number of stories where kids see things/people that we can't makes things more interesting for people who want to believe in the Unexplained.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

originally posted by: Aliensun

Talking about young kids then the number of stories where kids see things/people that we can't makes things more interesting for people who want to believe in the Unexplained.

Typical response, as with the UFO situation as I mentioned above. Disregarding the masses of eye-witness evidence to come up with an off-the-top-of-the-head explanation that suits your needs.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I doubt if Radon gas would be related to paranormal activity. There are two types of the gas, one that is not harmful and one that is. Radon is measured by the charge it leaves on carbon. It can be detected by a Geiger counter when it accumulates on the carbon. But it is not always the same gas that does that.

You can hold a piece of charcoal over a stream that is bubbling and it may charge the charcoal, but that charged chemistry is actually beneficial to us, not harmful. Some of the Radon in people's houses is harmful, some is not. I do not think that the radon kit tests actually can distinguish that, some very expensive tests can though.

If your neighborhood has radon in the houses, I do not know if it could be related to the MS. I have never looked for that kind of thing in my research. MS is more a problem with the body stealing the elastins out of the nerve shield. It is not caused by not enough elastin binding protein in the diet, but it can somewhat be helped if we consume it. MS does eventually effect the brain of people sometimes and deterioration there can cause them some psychotropic events. Another words MS or even the medicines to treat it can possibly cause hallucinations. I did not study the medicines that are used to treat it yet but knew a few people taking them and it did change the way they thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Now there's a coincidence, just ran across an article on Radon Induced Hauntings from the Ghost Hunting Theories Blog

www.ghosthuntingtheories.com...

The author refers to a haunted formula.

about how the very geology of a certain section of the US combined with its history, has created a kind of "Haunted Alley" like what the states between Appalachia and the Rockies are for "Tornado Alley."
www.ghosthuntingtheories.com...

and a correlation between hauntings and the geologic propensity for radon in the following EPA map.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: intrptr

The 'spirit' realm is ethereal,

If the carcinogenic properties of Radon are effecting those centers of the brain that deal with perception. then there may not be a "spirit realm" at all, but rather the hallucinations of a sick mind...and since I live in a haunted house and have a granite foundation, may be time to make and appointment with my GP.

My parents house has a granite basement. I remember seeing two blue glowing spots on the wall when we had a power cut. I was brave enough to put some objects next to them so that I would know where they were when the lights came back on. They were the black mold/dirt stains on a wall.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
Can Radon Gas cause people to have paranormal experiences be it real or a not so real hallucination ?

If it is linked to brain tumors then yes, Radon is the cause and hallucinations are common.

Radon gas contains alpha particles which are so fat they cannot penetrate human skin. However, once breathed into the lungs the person stands a strong chance of getting cancer.

A house built with granite has small traces of radon embedded in the slabs, so if a person has lived in a granite house their entire lives, then a brain tumor would be quite possible seeing that the persons blood stream is infected with Radon.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
I don't think OP's hypothesis is tenable. For a start, workers who are routinely exposed to radiation (and at far greater levels than tiny percentages of radon diluted in open air) are not particularly prone to the paranormal; and for a finish, most paranormal events are reported in locales that are not near natural sources of radon.

Very good point that.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't believe that Radon Gas can give people the ghost like hallucinations that some people in my village have described but I'm just thing the swirling smoke mist that me and my mother/her ex boyfriend and my mate saw on different times in the 1990's might of not been Paranormal but some sort of visible gas etc.
I found this on YouTube blasting a cloud chamber with Electrons.
youtu.be...

And from 2.36 minutes to 2.43 minutes the cloud smoke on that video was quite similar to what I saw but it didn't die out and just stayed there hovering in the middle of the room half a metre from the floor and moved in a slow wave like manner for around 2 minutes or more before I switched on the light and went back to sleep.

I would love to know what it was ?.

top topics

join