It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Corps: Lawmakers Lay Groundwork for New Military Branch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Spider879

well this will be at least the second maybe even third,

The Naval Space Command (NSC) was a military command of the United States Navy. It was headquartered at Dahlgren, Virginia (USA), and began operations 1 October 1983. Naval Space Command used the medium of space and its potential to provide essential information and capabilities to shore and afloat naval forces by a variety of means: Operating surveillance, navigation, communication, environmental, and information systems;
Advocating naval warfighting requirements in the joint arena; and
Advising, supporting, and assisting the naval services through training, and by developing space plans, programs, policies, concepts, and doctrine.
The command was merged into Naval Network and Space Operations Command, itself part of Naval Network Warfare Command, about July 2002.[1]
Naval Space Command

and back in the sixties there was a not so secret military astronaut spy program. PBS has a good documentary about them.

Perhaps the spy was Richard lawyers wife Mary?
Corona was fairly well disclosed but can we now date the Agencies General Relativity Infrared technology?

edit on 25-6-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

sorry i have no clue as to what your talking about.

who is / was Richard lawyers (?) and his wife Mary and what is Corona.
googled both and nothing but everyday stuff comes up.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

There is a lot of disinfo concerning the Corona Satellite program.
The Wiki article states that they used a "Kodak" camera system.
We could try searching with something esoteric like "Perkin-Elmer" founded by "Richard"? Perkin in 1937?
Good exercise in reverse engineering for the kiddies here..

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

makes sense now but i must correct you on what the wiki says,

from the wiki Corona (satellite),

The Corona satellites used special 70 millimeter film with a 24-inch (610 mm) focal length camera.[6] Manufactured by Eastman Kodak, the film was initially 0.0003 inches (7.6 µm) thick, with a resolution of 170 lines per 0.04 inches (1.0 mm) of film.[7][8]

and the cameras

The cameras were manufactured by the Itek Corporation.[12] A 12-inch (30 cm), f/5 triplet lens was designed for the cameras.[13] Each lens was 7 inches (18 cm) in diameter.[7] They were quite similar to the Tessar lenses developed in Germany by Zeiss.[

now i'm not saying that Itek Corporation or Zeiss didn't copy a perkins design i'm just saying that kodak didn't build the cameras.

besides that, i wasn't refering to the technology, i was refering to the existence of military space programs that have existed before this.

edit on 25-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

In the 1964 Disney version of Mary Poppins the "military" was depicted by the neighbor of the Banks children Admiral Boom. Boom also lives along Cherry Tree Lane. He is a former Naval Officer, but now lives in a house shaped like a ship with his wife Mrs. Boom and his assistant, Binnacle, who is a former pirate.

Before we can talk about military space programs we need to talk about "time measurement" since that is the basis of security for military space systems.

In the Disney teaser, Admiral Boom marked time with a cannon which caused the pendulum motion of Father Banks mirror at precisely 8 AM.

You could use a pendulum to time how long a Bar tender takes to fill a Stein with beer I suppose.

A more contemporary standard would be the 12.5 pF quartz crystal used in digital watches.
The Hamilton Pulsar P1, launched in the same year the Grenfell towers broke ground, April 1972.
This was the first retail digital watch resonating with a quartz crystal, a single watch priced at $2,100.

You should ask phy so pricey since currently 100Pcs of 32.768KHz 32768HZ Crystal Oscillator 2 x 6 mm TOP on Ebay for just $3.81..

Military space systems in the 1960's used much more accurate resonance measurements to secure the system keys of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Spider879

it is a good movie, watch it every time i see it on.

I just watch the shower scenes on repeat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join