It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Corps: Lawmakers Lay Groundwork for New Military Branch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nm, not going to drag it more off topic.
edit on 6/24/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Woody510

I've been cringing since I saw this story a few days ago. I knew exactly where it's going to go and so far, haven't been disappointed.

Hey a guy can dream can't he?

I've been telling people forever that I was a space shuttle door gunner anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: yuppa

i was being sarcastic

i have seen non traditional craft with my own eyes so i know there is something out there, what agency owns them is anyone's guess

Of course, and that explains why some of us are adamant about some daylight being shown here. Reagan's Strategic Space Initiative was not just a dream that devolved into a plan for...what, "brilliant pebbles" concept that established a space force of the mixed services. Bottom line, they won't cut the other services much but will want more money and probably be in control of NASA.

The Chinese have moved to get themselves to the Moon and we are just sitting patiently by with our orbital platforms watching them whiz past on their way? Nope, that move (or lack of) will give the other guy the high ground. We have to have command of the Moon also. I've stated many times that is the primary goal as establish by the Air Force in their 1989 book Military Space Forces ISBN 0-08-037432-8. This issue is a not a hard think and why they don't want you to even think about it.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

We probably will get our own fleet anyways, like we have our own aircraft , donno how truethis is but we have the best pilots so sayz the scuttle butt.

Are air-force folks qualified to land on a carrier.. not talking a piss it's a real question.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Some. Air Force pilots have been flying exchange programs with Navy EA-6B squadrons for a number of years.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey zaph do you think space command would hire me? Im small so i can fit in the EPS Conduits easily during inspections and for cleaning.

Plus i have a certificate to operate the tr-5B. (Holds up some crayon scribble im claiming is a certificate) its the latest triangle.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Still havent figured out what that whole A0 thing was all about heh. There was more going on there than you are apparently astute enough to decipher.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: The GUT

Still havent figured out what that whole A0 thing was all about heh. There was more going on there than you are apparently astute enough to decipher.

Whistles and walks of smoking some morleys.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ummm, I want troops dropping from interstellar craft while wearing powered assault armor...oh wait...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just like on Earth there will be a need for different specialties in a true inter-planetary military force. The Air Force unquestionably owns the mud to vacuum (M2V
) envelope. it obviously would operate any gas-breathing vehicles on earth or any other planet.
There will be a need for quick reaction forces specializing in putting out hot spots both in vacuum and on residential habitats and ground based interventions. The Marines are ALL about this.
As always, someone will want to put a foot on some piece of real estate or other, and deny anyone else the use of it for long periods. Yo Army, you got this.

And finally there will be the folks who will operate the orbital, interplanetary and (hopefully! eventually!) interstellar craft. This has always been and always will be the Navy!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Arnie123

The mind is a terrible thing to waste
Weapon?

Playoffs??
PLAYOFFS!!!???

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
With the future of Space travel being built as we speak, and it is manned ships, would you not require a pretty cohesive service behind it? I mean it makes sense for subcontractors to build the technology, but in operating it, seems daft to have NASA and separate AirForce controllers both paid for by the US taxpayer. Plus, apart from some scientists, weren't the engineers and pilots of the shuttle all enlisted men and women?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Because NASA is supposedly a civilian org..letem concentrate on the science, let the military do what they do best, blow sht up.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Just because your eyes haven't seen something doesn't mean other eyes haven't. I really respect your knowledge on black conventional craft and white craft though. It's very intriguing to read what you have to say. But the reason I found this website is because of what I saw along with 3 friends, and it was not conventional, and it looks exactly like what you deny.
edit on 25-6-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I would have frankly liked to have seen this done with cyber before space in all honesty. We're further behind in that dept and that's where the leadership could help. Especially a seat at the JSC. Space Corp just sounds like a bureaucracy the USAF can't afford right now.

Hopefully any new branch absorbs a whales share of the offensive cyber responsibility.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

i've been waiting for someone to post this. so far nothing but little hints. so i guess i'll do it.

me i want to know more.

edit on 25-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ooh noo you didn't.. Not my fav fascist in space movie of all times...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

it is a good movie, watch it every time i see it on.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

I will not argue over the practical with you on this , because you are right of course , but I want to see the beginning of a star trek like civilization dammit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join