It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Corps: Lawmakers Lay Groundwork for New Military Branch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry guys and Mods of this forum I couldn't figure out where to put this..so I planted here, hope you don't mind the intrusion.

Lawmakers within the House Armed Services Committee have introduced legislation that would require the U.S. Air Force to establish a "Space Corps" as a distinct branch of the military by January 1, 2019, according to Space News. The proposed legislation would create a Space Corps to serve "as a separate military service within the Department of the Air Force and under the civilian leadership of the Secretary of the Air Force." "There is bipartisan acknowledgement that the strategic advantages we derive from our national security space systems are eroding," said Republican Rep. Mike Rogers of Alabama and Democrat Rep. Jim Cooper of Tennessee in a statement. "We are convinced that the Department of Defense is unable to take the measures necessary to address these challenges effectively and decisively, or even recognize the nature and scale of its problems." Rogers and Cooper are the top representatives of the Strategic Forces Subcommittee, which oversees military space operations. The House Armed Services Committee is preparing to vote on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and the subcommittee led by Rogers and Cooper introduced the new Space Corps legislation to the bill on Tuesday, June 20.
www.popularmechanics.com...

Ok wow!! never saw that coming out side of UFO type folks , I guess Space Marines are next, personally I think the Navy should have it's own space fleet as we are used to subs and long time doing doughnuts at sea, but off course i'd say that because I am ex Navy..

edit on 24-6-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Man we've got an opportunity here, I hope they come up with a better designation than 'Space Corps'... sounds like a crappy 80's B movie.

How bout, 'Star Corps' ...hint hint, I mean come on!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

If they are going to go this route, they should make it outside of the existing branches of the military. Make it it's own service. Not have it fall under the Dept. of the Air Force.

That way they can populate it from all the Services to get it started.

The Air Force obviously can provide personnel more knowledgeable about aircraft and propulsion systems.
The Navy has more experience operating in enclosed spaces ex. on ship, submarines would be similar to space stations.
Marines are the most cost effective expeditionary force obvious benefits to future space operations.
Army...I'm sure we can find something for them to do.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Man we've got an opportunity here, I hope they come up with a better designation than 'Space Corps'... sounds like a crappy 80's B movie.

How bout, 'Star Corps' ...hint hint, I mean come on!

Starfleet? hahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Exactly just too. Afraid to saaaay it!!!!!..

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

well this will be at least the second maybe even third,

The Naval Space Command (NSC) was a military command of the United States Navy. It was headquartered at Dahlgren, Virginia (USA), and began operations 1 October 1983. Naval Space Command used the medium of space and its potential to provide essential information and capabilities to shore and afloat naval forces by a variety of means: Operating surveillance, navigation, communication, environmental, and information systems;
Advocating naval warfighting requirements in the joint arena; and
Advising, supporting, and assisting the naval services through training, and by developing space plans, programs, policies, concepts, and doctrine.
The command was merged into Naval Network and Space Operations Command, itself part of Naval Network Warfare Command, about July 2002.[1]
Naval Space Command

and back in the sixties there was a not so secret military astronaut spy program. PBS has a good documentary about them.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Space, by agreement with most of Earths Governments is to be free of weapons and warfare.

Of course the US wants its own Space Corps!

An idea, perhaps a century too early. I mean really, what are they gonna do?

They have no way to even get into space without either Russia or private enterprise!

This sounds like a great idea for a British Sit Come "US Space Corps - Grounded!"

So much B/S.

(All of my response will be considered retracted in full if the US actually has Triangle Craft regularly traveling to Mars.)

P

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The military got more money than gwad, if they want it they got it.
NASA is the org that's broke.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I told myself i wouldnt reenlist...

They're making it harder for me to resist.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Army...I'm sure we can find something for them to do.

Someone will have to clean the heads and peel the spuds.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Not all of us are grunts you know.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
i just wanted to point out something in the Astrospies video.

does anyone wonder why the so called triangle military space craft that is suppose to be operational now resembles the ones shown at the 23:44 mark to the 23:53 mark?

maybe the U.S. has never given up it's military space program.
edit on 24-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i was a proud grunt with a security clearance. i had to do all my spud peeling for my entire enlistment at one time. but i still had to clean heads on field days.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Of course not. No offence meant. Deep respect to Bro's and Sis' In St Michael.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Umm...kinda like this?

It already exists, within the Air Force

www.afspc.af.mil...
edit on 24-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Pic

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Numerous times on ATS I've covered and explained that the US Space Force exists and I've given the official breakdown of the services involved which includes even the Army and Marines.

I strongly suspect that the Air Force thinks that it doesn't care for the other services being equally involved in the Space Force and are at work to hog the whole show. Obviously, their main "enemy" to eliminate would be the Navy which evidently are the ones now in charge of the orbiting weapons platforms that we don't have.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I spent the large majority of my career turning wrenches.

Every time I went up the hill at Fort Riley all the infantry and 19d(cav scouts, aka 19details) were outside mopping sidewalks in the rain..if you get my drift.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The Air Force keeps trying this. With unmanned aircraft coming to the fore, they are worried about having jobs as they are a one trick pony. "We fly, we fight" motto may soon be "We sit, we play video games with drones." The Navy has the better training to operate complex vessels with many crewmembers and the Air Force knows it.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"Space Corps" sounds like an 80's Schwarzenegger flick, much like "Commando" lol. And by the wisdom I gathered from watching the Stargate tv show SG-1, I'd say the Air Force is the right head department for this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join