It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I support Obamacare's medicaid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
no one owes anyone anything. but why not help anyway?

Nothing wrong with helping. Why does it have to be through government?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I agree with that. But personally with a country this size it's hard for me to think of any other way of doing it across the board without the governments involvement. If someone started a health company that insured poor americans for cheep and could give it to the homeless for free I would say, what government ,and just give my money to those guys.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

They do eventually. But until they do, they aren't going to pay.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
See I personally have no problem paying extra so that even the lazy can have health care. It doesn't hurt me at all. My bills are paid I have a car a home. It doesn't bother me that I have to wait a little longer to go on a trip or buy that new game system or cell phone.

And I do understand why other people wouldn't want to help.

This is why I always say that our tax code should allow for each of us to opt out of things they don't want their tax dollars going to.
Imagine a world were you new where and how your tax money was being spent.
You want to pay for healthcare but don't want to pay for the military fine you can do that.
You want to pay for the military but not healthcare , well that's fine too.
In that world I think we would respect each other more because no one would be forced to pay for anything they didn't agree with.
Now we can't opt out of everything and pay no taxes. We need taxes to survive as a country (or so it would seem). We would have to spend a percentage based on income and if we didn't fill out the tax papers then that percentage would be spent on whatever the elected representatives wanted it to be spent on. And if something failed because not enough people paid for it than that would be ok because it would show what the majority of the people really wanted.

Right now I don't think anyone knows what the majority of the people would like done with there taxes.

that's our money , shouldn't we have more of a say in how it's used?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hmmmmm medicaid. Could it be part of the reason health insurance is so expensive? Could it be that medicaid is charged a reduced rate and doctors and hospitals make up the difference by charging those who are insured through regular insurance way more?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I agree with that. But personally with a country this size it's hard for me to think of any other way of doing it across the board without the governments involvement.

Why not charities, churches, and non-profits?

If someone started a health company that insured poor americans for cheep and could give it to the homeless for free I would say, what government ,and just give my money to those guys.

Nothing is free. Insurance can be cheap, it depends on what the coverage and risk ratios are.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

They do eventually. But until they do, they aren't going to pay.

Are you suggesting all healthy people get sick or injured at the same time?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

All at the same time. No. I wouldn't think so. Not under normal conditions anyway.

Is there some reason you're asking me all these totally unreasonable questions???

I imagine there must be some kind of end goal point your working toward where you take my answers and twist them into some irrational, out of context theory which you'll attribute to me. If that's the case can we just move ahead to that and save some time???

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Why not charities, churches, and non-profits?

I wonder if that's even possible for them. I've never known any charities or churches to do any help that makes a real difference. Most of the charity money goes to the organizers and church people tend to only want to help fellow believers.
Are there non-profits that deal with healthcare?

Nothing is free. Insurance can be cheap, it depends on what the coverage and risk ratios are.

It would be free to the homeless guy but it would be the money I gave them that paid for it of course.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You don't get money from healthy people either. You get money from sick or injured people trying to get healthy.

Dead people don't need doctors and neither do healthy people. It's that area between the two where people pay up.

Ummm, healthy people pay health insurance premiums. And that is a shot load of $$$$$.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I believe that a Pandemic would be fun for you. You would not be alone in that, that is the ultimate desire of the powers in D.C.. I'm sure they have bunkers that make my house look like a hovel.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What the hell has Governor John Kasich done to OHIO!?

Population of 11 Million.

Number of people on Medicaid 2.8 Million.

25%..1 out of every 4 people in Ohio are poor enough to qualify for Medicaid!

THAT IS SAD!

www.healthinsurance.org...

I don't think the state of Ohio can afford even the 10%/90% cost split with the Feds. 10% of the cost of that many people on Medicaid has to be a real budget buster!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I guess they can raise tax to 80% of income and put 90% of the population on medicaid.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: carewemust

I guess they can raise tax to 80% of income and put 90% of the population on medicaid.

Actually, MEDICAID is turning out to be good program! Poll results out today indicate that most people on Medicaid are satisfied with the overall experience.

pennstatehershey.adam.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join