It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I support Obamacare's medicaid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Police, army, firefighters, garbage collectors are social programs that serve everyone, the rich and the poor alike. Medicaid, just like these social services, serve everyone, the rich and the poor alike.

If the poorest who can't afford health care don't get medicaid, then they get sick and pass on their germs to everyone else, and everyone else get sick and have to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time to get treated. So medicaid ends up being beneficial for everyone, the rich and the poor alike. Germs don't care how much you earn. Germs don't care if you are rich or poor. Germs will go after you regardless.

So even though the middle class and the rich pay more taxes to provide medicaid to the poorest who can't afford healthcare, they end up saving money and time not having to go to hospital by keeping the poorest healthy with medicaid or else they get infected from the poorest who can't afford healthcare.

www.latimes.com...
edit on 23-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Cooties is hardly a reason for O-care or Medicaid.

Morality is.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Morality? I don't hurt a fly, yet I have no compassion for the poorest who lay on their couch and don't try to find work, unless they have disability and can't do that. People who live in public housing live their year after year, their children continue to live there year after year.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Obamacare might be be cost saving after all

Certainly not for working people or tax payers, but it is great for illegals.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What about the babies!?!?
Medicaid is the main insurance carrier for a lot of babies!

link   

Very simplistic outlook.

The good jobs are gone, and a large percentage of people work full time and get govt bene's. In fact Walmart uses snap as a supplement to keep wages low.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Morality is.

Life doesn't owe anyone insurance.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Good point. Who pays me house insurance? Who pays me car insurance? Who pays me life insurance? Myself.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

AllSee4Eye, You're heading for trouble as an ATS member if you don't start following at least SOME of the posting guidelines.

When you click the "start a new thread" button, you are shown the posting guidelines in the New Thread window that opens.

From time-to-time, we all start a thread when a thought comes to mind that we'd like feedback on. But in my opinion, you're abusing the leeway that ATS owners give us in that regard. How many threads have you started this week with no reference links, or an article to bolster your stance/point?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Noted. Last thread on Obamacare. I added an interesting link in the first post.
edit on 23-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If the Devil ever had an advocate, it would be OP.

LMFAO!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Police, army, firefighters, garbage collectors are social programs that serve everyone, the rich and the poor alike. Medicaid, just like these social services, serve everyone, the rich and the poor alike.

Police, Firefighters and Garbage Collectors are under the supervision of the towns and cities they work for. They perform functions that normal citizens *could* do, but are busy working other jobs and cannot attend to 24/7.

Military is a federal responsibility. We do not have 50 separate armies.

We have the right to take care of ourselves. We do not have the right to take money from person A to pay for person B. And when government does something like that, it leads to waste and abuse. I do not deny that government has some place in seeing to the needs of the less fortunate who cannot take care of themselves, but such activities are better left to localities and at worst the states.

We also have charities and non-profits which can see to some of the needs. Federal Government has no place in such activities.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

And yet, in many other countries, universal health care works well and does not have the stupid costs that are shouldered by US citizens. Wake up!

It is not the governments' fault, it is the health industry that makes $$$. They do not care one iota for your good health.

P

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

And yet, in many other countries, universal health care works well and does not have the stupid costs that are shouldered by US citizens. Wake up!

Because they are subsidized by the USA. They do not work well, they cook the books and fudge the mortality rates. You are the one who needs to wake up.

It is not the governments' fault, it is the health industry that makes $$$. They do not care one iota for your good health.

Incorrect, they like healthy happy customers who value their services and come back for more. Health providers know that if another provider comes along and provides better services they will lose those customers. You don't get money from a corpse. Government skews costs with regulations and price controls. Stop being naive.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

But the media tells me that U-care is poison. Goodness I wonder why these huge corps would side with the a system that is too expensive and has horrible, horrible health outcomes?

#1 in cost #37 in health outcomes. Pitiful.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Two problems with expanding Medicaid.

1. Because Medicaid pays doctors significantly less than private Insurance, and even Medicare, only half the physicians in the country accept Medicaid patients. See the chart on page 13: www.merritthawkins.com...

2. ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion is hurting poorer adults and children with disabilities, because 12 million more people are trying to see the same doctors that the poor, disabled have been visiting. Medicaid was designed for those whose annual income is under 100% (earn less than $10K @ year) of the Federal Poverty Level and for those with Disabilities.
Source: thefederalist.com...

Now, you can make up to $17,000 and enroll in Medicaid. As a result of #1 and #2, The wait-times for all are skyrocketing.

If Medicaid-4-all is desired, the government will need to SIGNIFICANTLY Increase Doctor's Pay. This will cause more existing doctors to accept Medicaid patients, and attract more doctors from overseas. It will also indirectly incentivize more young people to enter the medical field.

edit on 6/23/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

You don't get money from healthy people either. You get money from sick or injured people trying to get healthy.

Dead people don't need doctors and neither do healthy people. It's that area between the two where people pay up.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: seasonal

Morality is.

Life doesn't owe anyone insurance.

no one owes anyone anything. but why not help anyway?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Medicaid actually benefits healthcare workers the most, it pays some of their wages. You are not giving any money to the poor with medicaid, it goes to healthcare and to Pharma companies. Remember that.

I am more interested in finding ways to not get sick, I do that by studying how medicines work and what deficiencies or metabolic toxins cause diseases. It would be nice if I could find all the information in one place, but the site would probably be shut down or targeted by Pharma shills and hackers if it existed.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You don't get money from healthy people either. You get money from sick or injured people trying to get healthy.

Are you trying to say healthy people never get sick or injured?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join