It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calm During The Storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Press play before you begin.

Although extremely violent and unforgiving in it's nature, there is something incredibly therapeutic and comforting about thunderstorms. Maybe it's the non-stop dance of a trillion raindrops splashing on your rooftop, maybe it's the howling cries of the winds as they soar and rustle though the trees, or maybe it's the flash of brilliance that paints the sky before it unleashes a humbling roar that can tremble the very ground you stand on. Who knows, but whatever it is, it evokes the perfect symphony of feelings and emotions that creates a surreal atmosphere of calm and tranquility. Atleast for me..

So as I'm sitting here typing this, there is a raging storm happening outside, really big, and I couldn't help but have a moment of reflection that ultimately inspired me to make this thread. Granted this is not the first storm I've experienced, but when you live on the 28th floor and when your walls are made of glass and when your view is overlooking the city, it's a pretty surreal feeling that I've never took the time to fully appreciate - until now. There is just something about being in the comfort of your own home while a wild storm is raging outside, and since you guys can't be here with me, I've decided to take the storm to you (or whatever of it that I can). View sold separately.

Anyways, the view is not important, because as most people in my area are probably getting ready to socialize and party the night away, I'm at home by myself in my dimly lit room, sitting at my lamp lit desk, sipping on this large cup of coffee, with the TV queitly playing in the background and the storm wreaking havoc outside... And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Ahhh, home.. I don't even know what my plan is for the rest of the night, but it's Friday and I'm done all my work, so who cares? Maybe I'll finally finish that book I've been reading, or maybe I'll finally begin the art project that I've been planning, or maybe I'll just Netflix and chill with a glass of Merlot (by myself). All I know is the storm doesn't look like it's slowing down, which is great because it has me feeling some type of way and really inspired.

And by the way, the video above is 10 hours long - yes 10 hours, so if you're a loner like me and need some company at home, it's not the real thing but it's still quite comforting. I might have to rely on it too if the storm stops. It's also really great if you have trouble sleeping.

I think I'm actually going to begin my project because the atmosphere right now is like an artist's wet dream.

edit on 23-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thanks a million as I've been looking for something like this!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Dewey meditation

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

You're welcome blue. It's even great to just have it playing in the background while you do your thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Cheers, K. Thanks for sharing your moment. And so well.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Cheers G, thanks for reading

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

"Although extremely violent and unforgiving in it's nature, there is something incredibly therapeutic and comforting about thunderstorms."

Yes Knowledgehunter - your above statement nails it.

Me and my Husband may leave Texas, but we always come back...we have to have our thunderstorms! Primitive and thrilling but at the same time healing. You never sleep as well as when "...It is raining down in Texas...(TM Stevie Ray Vaughn.) Sweet Dreams.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Sweet dreams missie

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Thats kool man something to put me to sleep.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It is pouring and pounding in South Texas.
I took a morning shower in the rain and thunder.
Life is good.

new topics

top topics

join