It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I’m not sure if this is the right forum, so if it’s wrong please move it.

This is a question to Americans, if you where living in another country how would you feel about the war in Iraq and the possibility that US will attack Iran, is it possible that you would change views?

Would your views change if you lived in a country with a small military power if WW3 would happen?

This is not an America bashing or Bush bashing thread, I’m just curios if America’s enormous military makes people feel like “let’s go for it, if something happens we can handle it”.

Thanks for you time
Todd

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Quite simply, it'd be impossible for me to put myself into those shoes. I've lived here too long (all my life) and can't imagine if my thoughts would be different living in a country which isn't a superpower.

I can say that I think the US is being very hypocritical in how we're dealing with Isreal. We go out and take out countries for a terrorist attack, but we're asking them to make peace when they get terrorist attacks.

For the record, my mouth dropped when Bush declared war on Iran.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

When did that happen??

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

When did that happen??

In the State of the Union address when Bush told the Iranians to rise up against their government and we'd support them. It's up to the Iranian people, now, if we go to war with them over that statement, but I did see it as a declaration of war.

By the way, I said I was shocked, not that it was a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I actually wish George would have used stronger language with Iran.

I'm pretty sure if I lived in another country I'd feel the same way.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If I lived in another country I would probally not own a Tele since Im I would to be busy working my arse off for some food.

I would care less about America aswell lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Todd
I’m not sure if this is the right forum, so if it’s wrong please move it.

This is a question to Americans, if you where living in another country how would you feel about the war in Iraq and the possibility that US will attack Iran, is it possible that you would change views?

Would your views change if you lived in a country with a small military power if WW3 would happen?

This is not an America bashing or Bush bashing thread, I’m just curios if America’s enormous military makes people feel like “let’s go for it, if something happens we can handle it”.

Thanks for you time
Todd

I don't think we should ever just "go for it". We did what was needed not just for the benefit of the US but for the world. I wish the rest of the world would step up along with the US and help rid the world of the countries who don't want to live freely. Why should some people in other countries have to live they way they do because their gov'ts are messed up. If a country is for wrong doing and has no place in a world of peace then get rid of it. All races of people deserve the same and I don't mean the same gov't but the same opportunity for peace and if their gov't won't give it to them then let others do it for them. It's about time the world deciided what should be done with countries that want nothing but death. The world needs to change. The US should not have to do this alone. Step up to the plate and lend a hand if you care about the future of the world and mankind.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That was a clear direct statement on the part of our president that our government will be utilizing the CIA for insurgency. Want a job? I am sure they are hiring Persian linguists.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Your questions are very loaded and would be influenced by socioeconomic factors and the country's culture.

I'll presume I have the same moral values, same level of education, decent understanding about the US government organization, and access to a good library and/or Internet.

The declaration of war on terror is too broad and loose; creates the ability for manipulation of data and language for any scenario. The war in Iraq would be a concern due to America's pre-emptive policy and potential for creating isolationism. The situation with Iran would raise more concern as the policy has shifted to questioning a nation’s sovereignty. Is my country next?

My personal views as of this moment are not necessarily different. I understand the concerns of my country but I believe all routes should be explored before taking action. The Iraq government should have been changed after the first gulf war. Saddam's government seemed reasonably contained in terms of creating problems around the world.

Iran's people are taking their own path to modernize their country. They should be given a chance to make their own decisions.

I am concerned about the development of nuclear technology because there are great responsibilities (Waste Disposal, Abuse, Disasters, etc) The US has a good track record and experience with nuclear technology. Also, the US is very stable. Contrary to the anti-American rhetoric in the world today, the country does have good intentions overall. And yes, the US has made mistakes with foreign and domestic issues just like every other country in the world.

A good question is do we learn from our mistakes? Debatable since advancements in technology changes the world stage every decade with new circumstances and agendas.

For my views on if I lived in small military country and WW3. Depends on the countries involved, the resources my country possesses, and basic reason for conflict. If my country has the ability to be self-sufficient (basic human needs) and remain neutral, I would be very firm of maintaining the integrity of my borders and air space. I would also hope nuclear weapons are not used and the war is very short.

In terms of America's military status impacting my beliefs. I'm more concerned with the reasoning behind taking the military action. Should be only used when all possible course of actions have been exhausted.

Anyways, there are my short answers to your questions without the particulars of a given country.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Id feel the same way, that the NWO is behind this war and the next major war to come to fullfill their objective.

Also if this is about Solomons land to be regained by the jews, than Syria is probably the most likely next candidate, though
a huge attack would have to happen on america to get the backing of another war. Also I think they will use the excuse that WMDs have
moved into Syria.

These times coming up are truly sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The U.S. Government has a "pro-active" attitude: If they see something they want, they go after it. If they see something they don't like, they destroy it.

The CITIZENS of the United States have a "reactive" attitude: They are content with what they have as long as no one messes with their family or tries to take something from them, then you'd better watch out.

The problem this presents is that the people running the country do NOT represent the views of the majority which is the way it should be. There is a small group of fat, arrogant rich pompous asses guiding world events in order to line their own pockets. That's why people don't bother to vote any more. They don't think that it would matter anyway...........and they're right!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Multiple things, here.
If you are taught something quite leadign from birth, you beleive it. Few go through a radical change in beliefs, compared to who they are surrounded by, really.

I was taught a Creationistic view all my life though family and church, but I was taught about Evolution thoughout every CLASS, forget just the sciences, pro-evolution popped up everywhere....so with thinking about those two things, if there was a 3rd possiblity out there (and there are a few, lol), how easy would it be to make it ouside of my taught sphere? Woulf I consider debates between Evolutionists and Creationists from just 100 years ago VALID? Were we raised with contemporary beleifs?

In some countries, children are taught from either home or though the public system to hate americans. Some kids NEVER get anything about the good this country has done. Having little to no contact with America or Americans, hwo would I know anything about them but wheat I've been rasied with? All you have to do is put a group from England in a room with Americans, and if they don't find common ground, IMMEDIATELY, they think of the other group as a bunch of arrogant picks...becauase they have diffrent mannerisms.

Me, as I am right now, I can't handle hating people. I don't care about another world war, and I don't honestly care that we are at war right now....

but what little I've seen about some 3rd world countries, I wouldn't care then, because I'm more interested in making sure my family is fed, lol... I might worry if I was 3rd world and my country had nukes.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

If I lived in N. Korea I'd be starving to death and probably not
hear about, or possibly even know about, Iran and/or Iraq.

If I lived in France I'd be so inebriated with Anti-American rhetoric
that I wouldn't be able to think clearly or see truth when it was
presented. But I'd be enjoying the pastries while wallowing in my
national pass time of irrational anti-Americanism.

If I lived in Israel I'd be wishing to God that the American CIA
did something about the Iran nuclear situation before Iran
leveled Tel Aviv.

If I lived in Iran I'd be hoping to Allah that the Americans would
help covertly back a student uprising against the theocracy that
was strangling the country so that the clearer thinking youth
and progressive non-theocrats could take over and straighten
things out.

If I lived in Saudi Arabia I'd be so ticked at the 'Royals' that I'd
be too busy plotting their demise to care what went on in Iraq
and Iran.

If I were a Royal in Saudi Arabia I'd be highly worried about all the
democracy and freedoms coming to that area of the world. I'd be
too busy making my 'escape from Saudi Arabia before the peasantry
rises up and kills me' plans to care about watching the inevitable
freedoms come to Iraq and Iran.

If I lived in Africa I could be a traditional Muslim living by the shira laws
and therefore I, as female, wouldn't be able to read and I wouldn't be
educated enough to know what Iran or Iraq are. Either that, or I'd
be an educated Muslim female in the Egypt area, possibly married to
a man who counted on the millions of $$$ in American aid that Eqypt
receives and so I wouldn't care what the Americans did in Iran or Iraq
as long as the millions in American Aid and American contracts continued
to come into my country. Chances are that I wouldn't be an African
Christian, however, if I was, I'd still be counting on American aid, so I
still wouldn't care what happened in Iran or Iraq. I'd have my eyes on
those multi-trillions of $$$ in AIDS money that America just recently
promised to Africa.

If I lived anywhere in South America I would either be too uneducated
and poor to know about Iran and Iraq (I've been to Bolivia and Venezuela,
there are MASSIVE numbers of poor and uneducated people there), or
I'd be too concerned with my own country's social and political unrest
to care about Iran and Iraq. Either that, or I'd by partying down for
Mardi Gras in Brazil and wouldn't care about much of anything for the
next 40 days!

If I lived in the Netherlands I would be too busy enjoying the Bohemian
lifestyle of legal sex and drugs to care. Either that or if I was an oldster
in the Netherlands I'd be too worried about my being euthanized too soon
to be thinking about the Middle East.

The list goes on and on .... your question is impossible to answer.

[edit on 2/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ifthe US attacks Iran..I'd be more interested in the reaction of the world than the americans themselves...

Btw is that skeleton a ref striking someone out??!!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If I lived in N. Korea I'd be starving to death and probably not

MAJORITY OF CONTENT OF LONG POST EDITED OUT BY THOMAS CROWNE, JUST ANOTHER BEAT COP MAKING HIS ROUNDS. HEY, WHERE ARE THE FREE APPLES?

If I lived in the Netherlands I would be too busy enjoying the Bohemian
lifestyle of legal sex and drugs to care. Either that or if I was an oldster
in the Netherlands I'd be too worried about my being euthanized too soon
to be thinking about the Middle East.

The list goes on and on .... your question is impossible to answer.

[edit on 2/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

I think you underestimate the rest of the worlds knowledge and views on this matter. I would turn the tables and say its America that know very little about the war. America media has a lot to answer for.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
For the record, I've lived abroad.

If I were living abroad, this would not change my feelings about Bush: that the man is a complete ninny and that his testosterone policies have made the world a less safe place for us and that he's spent us into the biggest deficit in history and that he's going to destroy any hopes this generation has of getting as much of a retirement as my dad has... or as I will get.

Nope. Wouldn't change my opinion in the least.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hmm, thats a very good question to ask. Umm, I would probably be thinking gosh, these freaking Americans get everything they want and they need to just leave us alone and mind their own business.
J/K. I live in America and I cant really state an opinon on that. Im not walking in other people's shoes and I have a different religion than the people in Iraq. Sorry if I offended anybody about the religion thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for your answers, it's interesting to read.
I know it's a very hard question to answer. Oh and FlyersFan your prejudism (sp) is inpressive

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

FlyersFan your prejudism (sp) is inpressive

Whatever. You asked .. I answered and it's all true.
And BTW I find the ignorant anti-America prejudice
displayed on this chat forum to be impressive as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a closet bigot. As we have seen. It is not something they can keep to themselves or something they can be quietly proud of.

To them, everyone must know about their bigotry. And that is their downfall.

<<   2  3 >>

join