It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that closing in on our sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
www.kathymcmahon.utvinternet.com...

This site I linked to has been claimed a hoax, or at least an enabler for other hoaxes, but I want to get confirmation on the video they claim to be from SOHO.

Edit: Spittin Cobra, I know what they mean, what I said was meant as a bit of joke, just forgot to emote.

Edited a second time to remove link and replace with a better one showing exactly what I was talking about.
[edit on 6-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yep, it's real...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sorry, I misunderstood which one you were asking about. Here are the SOHO images of the one you are referring to. It's real too.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
[edit on 6-2-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Val
I actually checked that one already, I was talking about the video (my updated/edited link) showing what appears to be a SOLID CME. It looks like the sun puked up it's core, no lie.

Edit: Val, Yeah that one, you've got it. It's an areodynamic tail-tapered dome, like the shape a magnetosphere would take travelling through a solar wind, the tear drop, or sperm shape. It could be another image artifact, but it looks solid enough in the video and the stills. Looks kinda like an iron ball..

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wyred..

check my next post up above. It has two stills from the timeframes in that video showing the dark "spot".

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
[edit on 6-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Yep, it's real...

I just noticed this is 2003?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
maybe its a bird or a balloon like they use on Earth for excuses of ufo sightings lol sure looks like a ufo shooting a lazer beam in 2 directions?

deff dont look normal object for space fro all other pics wonder what papers or goverment would say about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SpittinCobra

Yeah, that one is from 2003. The one with the ray is January '05, the video I posted originally is February '05. Some of the stuff that got posted later is earlier, a year ago or more. It seems to be a recurrent event, but I'm not sure if there is a schedule per se. I don't have nearly enough data yet to make statements about pattern. Most of them are stamped at the bottom of the image, thankfully.

Anyone got ideas on SOHO blackout periods, or keyhole periods, that coincide with anomalous solar activity? I think they have to turn the instruments 180 degrees to prevent them from burning out right? That's the story? I wanna get clarification on the official story before I start thinking about alternate explanations.

Edited to include found link: Here's what a comet looks like compared to the sun. I don't think we're seeing a comet right now.
skyandtelescope.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There's no way it's a pixel problem. These series of images here blow that out of the water. Please note I have started with the first image being one where the "object" is not yet in view, but some type of out-gassing??? or something is leading into the picture. This is a real object, putting off something around it:

okay, at this point we're still 7 images from the SOHO image in which the object can be said to finally "enter the image"

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is a definite plume, and the closer the object gets, the more unstable the instruments become, registering all kinds of data overload (pixelated, greyed out, or white slashed sections of the readout).

I hope this doesn't happen, but I predict SOHO goes unexpectedly offline very soon, or gets 'retasked.'

Edited to include this question. So if we're not looking at a recurrent camera artifact..Could that be the camera's interpretation of a black hole? A neutron star (space diamond) or a Magnetar?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Can we talk about this one for just a sec?

What the heck's going on in this one? Has anybody that keeps up with SOHO images seen such a thing before? It looks like something did a fly-by of the satellite!

EDIT: My bad...I thought the LASCO's were coming from a satelite image.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
First thing I thought when I saw the image: Rainbow Bridge. Don't know why, but after a few seconds of looking at it I started thinking it was the trail left by something in transit. It's going fast though, no doubt about that, these pictures aren't time exposure, they're individual one second nuggets clipped off a data stream.

It does look like an object travelling very fast, with the capability to maneuver, buzzed SOHO. Hope someone can definitively debunk this before my wife wakes up, she won't want to go to work if she thinks the aliens are coming today.

Here's an image that shows a solar explosion of ionized iron. It appears identical to our mystery 'saturn' object and it could even be tied back to the 'bb' object that appeared to eject from the sun. Is it possible that the sun belched part of, or all of, its core out, and is now sucking it back in with gravity? Sounds too strange to be true, I know.
www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
More images, the one of interest, that pertains to this discussion, is midway down the page, labelled spiral galaxy m104 in Virgo. It looks suspiciously like our culprit. A bit like saturn from a distance, or a hamburger.
www.swisr.org...

Anyone qualified to make sense of the link below? I'm scratching my head trying to decipher the language, sure could use some help. I have no astronomy training, and it's all greek to me. This is the most recent warning posted.
www.sec.noaa.gov...

Edited to add another photograph that seems to show a similar object. The explanation was an irridium flare, named after a group of sats. I think that while they look similar, what we're seeing are seperate phenomenon. Check out the link, compare the two, and let's try to figure out what the heck SOHO is peeping at.
users.skynet.be...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Okay, from the top, the first sets of images posted are what they call "hot pixels" and are just artifacts/fubars in the data. They're very common. That's why you'll see it inone setof pictures and then it will vanish.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Anyone qualified to make sense of the link below? I'm scratching my head trying to decipher the language, sure could use some help. I have no astronomy training, and it's all greek to me. This is the most recent warning posted.
www.sec.noaa.gov...

They post the "space weather." Those are flares, and as you see, they're pretty minor. Almost no impact here on Earth. Even the big ones don't have much of an impact on us.

Edited to add another photograph that seems to show a similar object. The explanation was an irridium flare, named after a group of sats. I think that while they look similar, what we're seeing are seperate phenomenon. Check out the link, compare the two, and let's try to figure out what the heck SOHO is peeping at.
users.skynet.be...

No, iridium flares wouldn't be seen near the sun. The "flare" is a reflection of the sun.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
BadAstronomy is and has covered this.
Perhaps this will help?
The Planet X Saga: SOHO Images

and here:
Funky image on SOHO

Hopefully, these may shed some light and answer to what is being sought?
The above two links were advised viewing by two Astronomy Professors I have spoken to concerning this topic, as per the request of a member.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry, did I miss something? I don't see where any of the links explain:

1. the leading-in "plume?", out-gassing, or whatever you want to call it that is evident on the pics for what 2 hours??? before the "bad pixel" enters the frame.

2. did any of the links address the little beamy thingy that happens to bounce at a reflecting apex off the "bad pixel" on the 01/02/05 image?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I admit to be astronomy challenged. In mu struggle to follow all of this, I came acroos this composite image:

SOHO/LASCO comet observations:
ares.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There are some very bright people commenting on this thread, but did anybody think to read the SOHO faq?

I did...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join