It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that closing in on our sun?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some very strange video. Words don't do it justice, just take a look at the LASCO C3 movie.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Also check out this still image, where the object is reversed because the observatory taking the picture is earth-based.
ares.nrl.navy.mil...

This is happening RIGHT now. The topic has been discussed before, but not satisfactorily, and here is some new evidence to fuel the debate. There is no explanation for these artifacts on SOHO or related sites. Anyone who has info or insight beyond the usual 'unknown image artifact' explanation is invited to comment.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wyred,

Thank you so much for posting this. I hope our resident astronomy expert, CKK, will bring his big brain over here and talk to us about this.

I've just experienced a bit of "synchronicity" surrounding your find. Another member had u2u'd me about something totally different and I was researching that issue, when I came across a rather disturbing find associated with your posts.

This image is an alleged SOHO image from 01/02/05 and comes from a blog that can be visited here: www.markswatson.com...

Blog entry is January 28th of this year.

Though CKK might come back and tell us this is an inner planet - what the heck is going on in this image that appears to be some type of beam???

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It does look a little like Saturn.

I do know Saturn is an outer planet

[edit on 6-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Some very strange video. Words don't do it justice, just take a look at the LASCO C3 movie.

Also check out this still image, where the object is reversed because the observatory taking the picture is earth-based.
ares.nrl.navy.mil...

This is happening RIGHT now. The topic has been discussed before, but not satisfactorily, and here is some new evidence to fuel the debate. There is no explanation for these artifacts on SOHO or related sites. Anyone who has info or insight beyond the usual 'unknown image artifact' explanation is invited to comment.

Is it me or is this thing moving awful fast even some meteors move fast but not this fast , comet maybe if so what happens when a comet hit the sun, does it disrupt the sun or just burn up with no effects at all?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've definitely seen that image before, and it hasn't been fully explained to me.

The most common explanation is an image artifact, like the zebra pattern that shows up on monitors to highlight areas of intense brightness, or the small mutli-colored squares that show up on digital photo data when metal reflects set lighting too harshly (I used to be a photographer and retoucher for a catalog photography studio).

The uniform size, shape, and apparent orbit, now at least twice, would seem to disprove that theory somewhat. Is it a planet, a spaceship, a heretofore unknown type of heavenly body?

Hopefully someone will let us know..

Distance distorts perceptions of speed, so I'm not really sure how fast it's going. The sun lends some sort of perspective, but because the image has enormous depth it's hard to tell whether the thing is coming towards the camera or towards the sun on the horizontal plane.

It almost appears to be following a sort of wide orbit around the sun.

The image from 01/02/05 is definitely an attention grabber, that really does look like a cone shaped ray of some kind doesn't it? It's not doctored, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're seeing what we think we're seeing..I'm just not sure.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Val/mods/anyone: Could you delete this post? I'm editing to add onto my earlier post. Made a mistake and thought people had posted since I last did. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wyred.

Just in case anyone thinks it's doctored...here it is linked straight to the SOHO archive image.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is amazing stuff! I am hoping someone will shed some "scientific" light on what appears at face value to be rather perplexing. great finds Wyrde and Valhall.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Val/mods/anyone: Could you delete this post? I'm editing to add onto my earlier post. Made a mistake and thought people had posted since I last did. Thanks.

Well at least we agree on some things.

You are right this is a very interesting object.

It does seem to follow an orbit, but what could possible orbit the sun that fast?

Of course someone will try to explain it all away as a "trick of the light" or some other non sense, but it can't be.

I have watched the video a dozen times now and still can't figure it out.

What is the beam for?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
DrBryan
I think there are two possibilities for a dirty snowball type comet hitting the sun. One is that the snowball burns up slowly and does little if anything. The second possibility is that the snowball might heat up too quickly and explode, creating a cloud of dust in front of the sun. Some comets are large enough to visibly dim our sun, perhaps for several months. The real worry is that several of these objects, or hundreds forming a dust belt, might converge on the sun, or pass over it for an extended period of time. That would effectively kill most life on earth. Check this link out, and respect the Kuiper belt.
www.exitmundi.nl...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Where is your other post at?

I want to follow this to find out what it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
bp

Follow it here. This thread is for this topic. He wasn't referring to having this thread deleted, just one little post.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks Val.

I am some what new and still learning all the terminology of ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet that as someone said, it is an inner planet and pixalation associated with it, or is a digital artifact altogether. Given the size ratio, it would have to be either a really huge object (planet sized) or be very close to us to appear that large, I think. Also, the movement, if that is what it is, is perfectly horizontal accross the picture field, probably following a pixal line.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe someone is surveying for an intergalactic highway. Lets hope the sun isn't in the way...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think this might go with this. As of yet i don't think there has been any proper explination.

Hundreds of the objects were captured on film by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (Soho), a spacecraft 1,000,000 miles from Earth observing the sun.
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.interseti.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It doesn't help to calm my nerves when one of the headlines on spaceweather.com starts off with the line "Something's coming..."
www.spaceweather.com...

Another problem I have with the image artifact explanation is that artifacts of that type are usually square. Check out the grey artifact that covers particularly bright solar prominences on black and white images from earth like the one I posted earlier. That I believe is a computer generated 'blackout' of a section that is too bright to register on their narrowly defined scale. The software greys it out in a block because it lacks the shade variance to describe the luminance. I've never seen a saturn shaped digital artifact, and I've seen plenty.

I suppose it could be a highly reflective man-made sattelite, but I don't know of any other missions hanging out in that area this month and last, and one would think SOHO would explain that to us..

Even wierder is that SOHO and NASA both have clammed up. This is news worthy don't you think? It doesn't have to be a UFO, it could be a piece of dust and still the video is newsworthy if only for entertainment value..but the source of the video won't talk about the video. Interseti requires you buy their CD, but many of the images can presumably be found elsewhere. The news networks will probably never run a segment regarding this phenomenon, will ATS consider something like this a news story? I think it's news-worthy.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think its a planet, if you look at the time scale, the videos over a couple of days, it seems to match the general speed of the background stars moving too. Now obviously the stars aren't moving, SOHO is, so I think its just a planet.
Although the other issue you raised; the big sunspot, now that is someting that looks menacing.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think its a planet, if you look at the time scale, the videos over a couple of days, it seems to match the general speed of the background stars moving too. Now obviously the stars aren't moving, SOHO is, so I think its just a planet.
Although the other issue you raised; the big sunspot, now that is something that looks menacing.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

DrBryan
I think there are two possibilities for a dirty snowball type comet hitting the sun. One is that the snowball burns up slowly and does little if anything. The second possibility is that the snowball might heat up too quickly and explode, creating a cloud of dust in front of the sun. Some comets are large enough to visibly dim our sun, perhaps for several months. The real worry is that several of these objects, or hundreds forming a dust belt, might converge on the sun, or pass over it for an extended period of time. That would effectively kill most life on earth. Check this link out, and respect the Kuiper belt.
www.exitmundi.nl...

Thanks I will look at it , so that I know I am understanding a possibility would be a smoke screen type blocking of the sun if a comet exsplodes out side the suns body right

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It doesn't help to calm my nerves when one of the headlines on spaceweather.com starts off with the line "Something's coming..."
www.spaceweather.com...

I'm pretty sure that they are talking about Spots and Flares.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join