It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroin addicts may soon be able use in MA legally.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just because they have a clean and safe place to shoot up dosent mean that crime is going to go down in fact I think crime is going to go up in those areas.

Everyone is making excuses for junkies, wherever happened to personal responsibility?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

What makes you believe that this will increase crime in areas where this is implemented when the statistics from places that have already done so shows the exact opposite of what you believe to be the case. Portugal has done this for nearly 2 decades and drug related crime has dropped, new HIV and hepatitis infections have dropped off significantly and more people seek treatment when they are no longer stigmatized as "junkies". So it has been demonstrated that if the tools are available for them to get help, they use them. Is that not taking personal responsibility? It mind blowing how judgemental people are simply because they can't understand or even empathize what someone else is going through.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Suprise suprise ... do something proven to treat addiction and people are all up in arms about it ... want the drug problem fixed with wishes laws and gods ... let me know when it works

1909 ... nothing has changed lets keep doing the same thing tho it will work one day right

There are places where the punishment for drug use is death ... people still use

Dont like tax dollars spent on this tfb i dont like my tax dollars spent on alot of things may i cut funding to the ones i disagree with aswell

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Legalise Heroin, regulate it and provide people with a clean, safe supply and all the societal problems currently associated with that drug will probably vanish.

It may feel off, for a hard working taxpayer to subsidise another's addiction in this way, but it probably ends up cheaper in pure tax dollars than leaving things as they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

I never said I quit because of health issues, I quit because I knew the health risks that were associated with what I was doing and I wanted to stop before any of those risks became a symptom for me.

Still in denial. You knew the dangers when you started, continued on for 15 years anyway.

Its okay, now your done with it. Share that warning of denial with others, so they can learn too., before it kills them.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Well... it isn't a contagious disease...

But it is a disease of the mind.

However it should not be funded by the tax payer at all.
That's just retarded.

Why not? If the program is delivered properly it'll cost less than current methods, decrease criminality, decrease deaths and health issues and decrease use. as more addicts seek treatment.

In the UK people got heroin from their Dr/GP until the 70s and there were less than 200 users in the country. Once it was forced underground it quickly spiraled into users doubling every 16 months so by the 90s there were over 300,000 chaotic users responsible for 85% of shoplifting, 70-80% of burglaries and 54% of robberies.

I understand it not feeling right but if delivered correctly the taxpayer will only be paying a tiny percentage of the costs they're currently paying and get a massively decrease in the social and health footprint associated with opoids so it's win/win all round.
edit on 25-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Just because they have a clean and safe place to shoot up dosent mean that crime is going to go down in fact I think crime is going to go up in those areas.

Everyone is making excuses for junkies, wherever happened to personal responsibility?

I am thinking of it purely from a money angle.

Hep C and HIV costs a # ton of money.

A room and some needles doesnt cost a lot.

Comes down to spendings Billions or Millions.

Though in a ideal world you would not treat them for hep C or Aids and leave them on the streets to shoot up and let darwinism take its course.
Problem with that is the risk of HIV and Hep C spreading beyond the junkie community.

edit on 25-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow, easy there tiger. How is this helping?

You have no idea what his story really is or his reasons for starting.

I know its all a haze lately and you lose your train of thought, but remember to at least be supportive of others.

This is only negative. No constructive anything to your criticism.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The criminal elements to drug use need be separated.

Neither in treatment or in distribution.

edit on 6 25 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Please explain to me in what way i'm in any denial?

The member I was quoting said that I quit because of health issues which I never stated I have or had at any point, also I was 14 when I started dipping and was playing freshmen baseball.

Now do you have any insight on the topic at hand or are you just going to keep accusing me of being in denial for something?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

As long as you keep denying it, yes.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is only negative. No constructive anything to your criticism.

Who rattled your cage? Oh, it was me on some other nameless thread about god knows what for whatever reason.

Chill yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As long as you keep denying it, yes.

Please tell me what I am denying, you can't can you since I have denied anything.

But again I asked can you bring some insight to this thread, because you haven't stated anything that shows any merit at all to what this threads topic is about.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Please explain to me in what way i'm in any denial?

You stated you chewed tobacco for fifteen years but wasn't addicted, could quit anytime.

Last response here, this vehement denial of addiction is the point I was trying to make in the first place.

Its really not that big a deal to admit it. Except to your pride.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

As for addiction being a disease I must disagree with you, I used chewing tobacco for almost 15 years and I was able to quit pretty much overnight, It wasn't difficult for me I just have will power and had the want to stop for my own health.

Thats what I stated earlier in this thread. I never once stated I wasn't addicted, I stated I don't believe that addiction is a disease, you clearly did not understand that at all or just completely glossed over that fact. There was no vehement denial to addiction at all, just again the fact that I personally don't believe it to be a disease.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

i always thought we should legalize the use of all drugs.
regulate the production, shipping, and sale.
have a small tax at the time of sale. only people who use it will pay the tax.

but realistically, the subject can get quite complicated. there are many levels of government that have to buy off on it. not to mention the DEA who seems to have a stranglehold on determining the scheduling and legality of intoxicating substances.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

As for addiction being a disease I must disagree with you, I used chewing tobacco for almost 15 years and I was able to quit pretty much overnight,

Replace "used" with abused...

Addiction is a disease.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I can see where you are coming from with that but I think that legalizing all drugs for recreational purposes will do more harm then good. I understand you can regulate sale, quantity and quality or products but I think you will still see the same amount of overdoses, deaths, and abuses that you see now the only difference is that it will all be legal. Much like alcohol is now.

I also don't believe that Americans are mature enough for all drugs to be legal for recreation use, also another reason why I am against this "injection sites" in my home state. I think they overdose rate is going to be strikingly high for these sites, I am friends with plenty of firefighters throughout the state and I always here stories from them about how they will respond to the same house 3-4 times a day for the same person ODing, hit them with Narcan and bring them back only to have them sign a waiver saying they don't want medical help and only to go and "shoot up" again and OD again that same day.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

i can see your point of view.
what if we change the laws so that "use only" is not a felony offense. perhaps a small fine for people under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

i don't think that putting people in jail for something they do in their private time should be a criminal offense.

that said, i also feel that anyone who commits a crime while under the influence should automatically get... oh say 5 years in jail added to the sentence of the crime.

me personally, i don't care what people drink, smoke, inject, snort, or whatever as long as they do no harm to anyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I totally agree, people shouldn't be getting jail time for using if they don't commit any other crimes. i think a fine or maybe just probation is good enough for those just caught "using". As for people who "use" and then commit another more heinous crime then yes I think they should be made an example of, as with the scum of society who are pushing these poisons on people, knowing full and well what they are doing to these people.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join