It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia down US drone near Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
not to much info as right now, but supposedly a S-300 sam sit a US drone over the mediterranean sea.

anyone else hear anything?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Happened yesterday supposedly a s300 took out a GLOBALHAWK but nothing from the DOD so far

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yeah, i heard it was a globalhawk as well. With rumors of other drones, upto 5 others being hit. I doubt 5 other drones have been shot down but you never know.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This claim originated on the Hal Turner radio show 2 days ago

halturnershow.com...

originally posted by: penroc3
not to much info as right now, but supposedly a S-300 sam sit a US drone over the mediterranean sea.

anyone else hear anything?

To me, this is like one of those outlandish claims Superstation95 would come up with.

No legitimate sources have confirmed this, and it is interesting a US Air Force globalhawk drone also was downed in California 1 day ago

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 23-6-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Yeah, it's total BS. Every single story comes back to Hal Turner. He has no idea what he's talking about in the story about it too.
edit on 6/23/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's probably where the story came about. They saw the Global Hawk crash in California and saw an opportunity to spin it into something else.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FamCore

That's probably where the story came about. They saw the Global Hawk crash in California and saw an opportunity to spin it into something else.

typical of Hal Turner and similar shows/publications (Superstation 95 as I mentioned)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Who's Hal Turner? i will have to google him sounds like he has a bad reputation lol. I saw a few news reports of this and found it highly unusual as we head nothing about it here in the US.

eta

just googled and first images of him were him in a Jail outfit lol.
edit on 23-6-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hoax bin.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

He's a holocaust denier who has gotten in trouble for threatening federal judges.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

after reading that Wiki all i have to say is wow, sounds like a super messed up person. Glad i did not hear of him until now.

I guess it explains the jail pictures

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I could see the SAM site shooting at a drone. It would be safer than shooting at something that can shoot back.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sources don't seem great.

A Jordanian drone, tiny little thing compared to the Global Hawk was shot down in Daraa Governorate by the Syrians.

Maybe that's what gave the "inspiration" for this story?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Probably a combination of that, and the Global Hawk crash in California. Put the two together, and you have a much bigger story, that gets you a lot more money if you sell it to lots of news sites.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Your profiles flag counter is stuck, it shows zero. I have you a flag for this thread but it's not updating in your profile.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My two favorite parts of this BS claim. Taken from the Hal Turner website story.

The S-300 is one of the most fearsome, accurate, and deadly interceptor missiles in the world. It does not miss.

BACN is a high-altitude, airborne communications and information gateway system that maintains operational communications support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The persistent connectivity that BACN provides improves situational awareness and enables better coordination between forward-edge warfighters and commanders. BACN bridges and extends voice communications and battlespace awareness information from numerous sources using a suite of computers and radio systems.

Which lead to:

If this information that the Russians shot down an EQ-4 Global Hawk is accurate, then US Troops operating on the ground with Syrian "Rebels" will no longer be able to INSTANTLY talk to nearby air support as was done a few days ago, when a US F/A-18 was called-in to attack and destroy a Syrian Arab Army Air Force fighter jet.

edit on 6/23/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If they shot down an American kite, they would be parading it's fragments on every news network....this story smells real bad....

top topics

join