It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fahrenheit 9/11 being shown as part of international awareness in colleges around Asia..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't know about countries other than mine, but showing the movie to students as a part of the curriculum is quite a bold move by the people/organisations involved in doing so..
A lot of bad PR for the new Bush government I'd say..Also it gives the perspective that "american=imperialist" is not true...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Do you have any links or supporting evidence?

How did you hear about it?

Where in Asia, SE perchance?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Jeepers. It's not only a political move, but for anyone in your schools who does a little research it sends a powerful message about the schools and government. It'll teach them not to trust anything taught to them by either because part of what they teach is an intentional skewing of facts. Very troubling development...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Good for them, its a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
no great surprise , even those with views of heracy from days of old where killed for their views yet they made it into history books and now some of those beliefs have been used to build stronger and more advanced world views.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hehe... good to hear that there is a international movement that counterweighs the current US policy...

Every american should see fh 9-11 to broaden his horizon(step out of his cave) dont ya just love the freedom of the press...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The American NEA showed it at one of their big meetings before
the Presidential election. Now someone try to tell me that the
NEA isn't a biased radical left wing cesspool...
If F911 is
believed by the so called 'educators' in this country (who should
know better) ... then I pity the poor 'educators' in foreign countries
who will believe it to be real as well. Sad sad sad.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hehe As Mr T would say, "I pity the fool!" (Interesting side note, Mr T wanted to be a ballerina(can't spell, broken hand (gonna milk this thing for all it's worth (ok, enough side notes, this is starting to look like pascal))))

Back on the subject, do people still thing F911 was completely honest? I thought it was widly recognised to be skewed propoganda using misleading footage and quotes taken out of context, along with a very shady marketing ploy/distribution effort. Moore has done some interesting documenteries, but this is the first one where he sacrificed his credibility by blatantly lying.

It's one thing to only present one side of a story, as he did in Bowling, but to skew, twist, distort and lie...That's another.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
do people still thing F911 was completely honest?

Answer - yes. And you'll find some of the poor folks
who believe in MM posting here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't have proof as such , but I can vouch for it because I saw it being shown in freshmen year of coll here in India..Not some vague anti-american country like syria, iran, china etc..

I believe in F911 personally and so does most of the public here in india...even the govt..but other than vocal opposition the govt. has done nothing else because there are other interests to be catered for..economy, military etc. etc..

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Back on the subject, do people still thing F911 was completely honest? I thought it was widly recognised to be skewed propoganda using misleading footage and quotes taken out of context, along with a very shady marketing ploy/distribution effort. Moore has done some interesting documenteries, but this is the first one where he sacrificed his credibility by blatantly lying.

It's one thing to only present one side of a story, as he did in Bowling, but to skew, twist, distort and lie...That's another.

And what parts were lied about exactly??

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Daedalus3
www.triggerfinger.org...

There were also MANY discussions about the LONG list
of errors in F911 - discussions right here on ATS. You
could check the back discussion logs or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I don't have proof as such , but I can vouch for it because I saw it being shown in freshmen year of coll here in India..Not some vague anti-american country like syria, iran, china etc..

And I thought Indian college students were more astute than that.

I believe in F911 personally and so does most of the public here in india...even the govt..but other than vocal opposition the govt. has done nothing else because there are other interests to be catered for..economy, military etc. etc..

Now just what could or would your government do, other than to voice vocal opposition?

[edit on 7-2-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First off, to those who say that F9-11 is totally fabricated, get a grip.

MANY of the facts backed up at :

www.michaelmoore.com...

Interestingly enough, I found a Teacher's Guide to F9-11 available there too.

www.michaelmoore.com...

You gotta give it to the guy, he really does try and get his message out.

The more suspicious our children are of what their government does and says, the better.

We should all have the same attribute.

jako

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Will someone please show me a list of the facts that are supposedly "skewed"? I watched Fahrenhype 9/11, and all I saw was a bunch of whining republican neocons defending Bush for all their worth. That has to be the worst movie I've ever tried to watch. I probably fell asleep 3 times. I thought they were going to lay out F9/11 facts and then prove them wrong, or show how they weren't fairly depicted, but they did nothing of the such, IMO.

I think it's great that other countries can see what 50% pf America can't. Maybe someone will liberate us from our gov. one day.
I think we're going to need it.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They aren't skewed. MM says Bush got documents on August 6th that OBL was going to attack with airplanes. he shows the video of Bush getting those files on August 6th. MM says Bush kept reading the book 7 minutes after the news of the attacks. Then he shows the video of Bush doing just that. He says that Saudi Arbia attacked us, then the 9/11 commission tells us that all but what? 3 of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. It wasn't lies, it was MM says something, then shows the video of it. It amazing how strong the blinders are on Bush Babies.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That's what I mean. I've yet to find anything more serious than using a portion of a comment, for comical effect. Nothing Moore portrayed actually changed the facts, as far as I can tell. What he says happened, indeed happened.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Moe Foe: READ THE LINK I POSTED

Sheesh

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've already seen that. I want to see a list of neocon claims and explanations. You know, on a site subsidized by neocons. It would be good humor to see how far they stretch to make a fact into a supposed lie. Fahrenhype 9/11 was a joke. I'm just wondering if there is a list, compiled by the neocons. Sheesh.

Something like this...

www.davekopel.org...

They make alot of statements, but provide no proof of what they claim, unlike Moore, who provided sources. Much their counter seems to be opinion. For instance:

42. Moore claims that there was no connection between Iraq and al Qaeda. In fact, there is an extensive record of collaboration although—as the September 11 Commission announced—there is no proof that Saddam participated beforehand in al Qaeda attacks on America.

Ok, so where is this extensive record?

They're accusing him of lying, when he only used the same media sources that report propaganda to America.

They try to twist things out of context too.

Cue the voiceover: "Of course, not a single member of Congress wanted to sacrifice their child for the war in Iraq."

I think it's pretty obvious that he was saying not a single congressman that he talked to that day wanted to enlist his kid.

They're really reaching, in most cases.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Moe Foe]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

And I thought Indian college students were more astute than that.

I see... and so you expect Indian college students to as "astute" as lot who look at F911 as a farce?

hell, the majority of the educated people on this planet wouldn't fit your definition of "astuteness"...
Come out of your hole...The world doesn't take kindly to the new US...

Originally posted by jsobecky
Now just what could or would your government do, other than to voice vocal opposition?

why don't you 'dosey-doe' over to the weapons forum ans see 'what' my country is capable of doing and not doing...

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Daedalus3]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join