It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

On both sides.

This is an example of ""But... but... what about the people on the right left who say [insert offensive material here]."

Except "this is different".

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Conservatives love to throw the word "terrorism" at everything that hurts their ideals. Its quite sad, calling for people to be punished for supposedly inciting violence, but then crying out that they are about freedom and little government interference. How many people get shot every day? Is he more important because he's republican? I'mmoral people tend to meet the harsh side of karma, dint know what to tell ya. You live in America, you deal with the opinions of all or move. I personally don't care that he got shot, more important people to worry about, like children. If someone is happy about it, guess what? That's their right. So like you spout, "Trump is president, get over it!" I gladly tell ypu, get over it, opinions are protected speech, you have no power here. End

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: onemoreface
a reply to: daskakik

Conservatives love to throw the word "terrorism" at everything that hurts their ideals. Its quite sad, calling for people to be punished for supposedly inciting violence, but then crying out that they are about freedom and little government interference. How many people get shot every day? Is he more important because he's republican? I'mmoral people tend to meet the harsh side of karma, dint know what to tell ya. You live in America, you deal with the opinions of all or move. I personally don't care that he got shot, more important people to worry about, like children. If someone is happy about it, guess what? That's their right. So like you spout, "Trump is president, get over it!" I gladly tell ypu, get over it, opinions are protected speech, you have no power here. End

Sure they are allowed to have the opinion that they are happy he got shot. You are allowed to imply he was immoral and had it coming.

And we have every right to call out how disgusting people like you are.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sure are. And that's about it. Too bad you couldn't say that to my face huh? Hahaha

edit on 27-6-2017 by onemoreface because: Facell....haha

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Also I think your fantastic as well

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sure are. And that's about it. Too bad you couldn't say that to my face huh? Hahaha

Why would I want to say that to your face? Is your implication I would be too cowardly to do so?

I will guarantee you that if I heard you saying that Scalise had it coming in real life, I would have called you out to your face.

I wouldn't have gotten violent, but I would have said I think that is a disgusting thing to think.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Why would I want to say that to your face? Is your implication I would be too cowardly to do so?

I will guarantee you that if I heard you saying that Scalise had it coming in real life, I would have called you out to your face.

I wouldn't have gotten violent, but I would have said I think that is a disgusting thing to think.

I simply meant maybe you could be more convincing without the protection of your veil, but I doubt it. If you called me disgusting I would laugh in your face and continue with my right to exercise free speech. You would be allowed to stay, also your right. If you try to become violent, I will simply have you arrested. After self defense of course. Your opinion bears no more value than mine, in any scenario. But whatever right?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I simply meant maybe you could be more convincing without the protection of your veil, but I doubt it. If you called me disgusting I would laugh in your face and continue with my right to exercise free speech. You would be allowed to stay, also your right. If you try to become violent, I will simply have you arrested. After self defense of course. Your opinion bears no more value than mine, in any scenario. But whatever right?

I still don't get your point.

I will just repeat, you aare allowed to be a terrible person and claim this man deserved to get shot, and I am alllowed to call you out for it.

You talk of veils online, well I implore you.

Please, make public your thoughts this man deserved to be shot. Tell you family and friends, tell your coworkers, post it on any social media you have. Exercise your right to free speech, and let others decide if they want to be associated with a person who feels Scalise deserved to be shot.

Also, note to all of those decrying right wing deplorable behavior. I hope you are reading this.

yet another example of a person claiming Scalise deserved it. But its only the right wing thats a problem, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Box of Rain

Bottom line according to you.

Republicans are a group. He even pointed out that person's function was within that group that seemed to anger him.

I get it though, "this is different".

Yes it is different.

It seems to me that Mr. Montag's words were just those of a mean-spirited person with little regard for the well-being of others, and someone who can't feel sympathy towards the pain of others-- or be so cold-hearted that he wished a person dead. If Mr. Montag is so utterly unsympathetic and cold-hearted in THIS situation, I feel he is unsympathetic towards the pain, suffering, and anguish of other humans in general.

I mean, every person in the world belongs to some group or other, but not all unsympathetic feelings towards others (or the wishing of someone's death) are directly connected to the groups to which those people belong. Sometime cold-hearted people are simply cold-hearted people.

edit on 2017/6/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

No it isn't. That is a cop out.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
July 5, 2017

Steve Scalise was readmitted to Intensive Care today..

""Doctors at the hospital where House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., has been recovering from a gunshot wound downgraded his condition from "fair" to "serious" Wednesday after he contracted an infection.

In a statement, MedStar Washington Hospital Center said Scalise had been re-admitted to the intensive care unit. The hospital added that it would provide another update Thursday.""

www.foxnews.com...

Hopefully, even a few Democrats are praying for him tonight.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I scrolled through most of the pages of this thread, a couple points I want to make:

• This was a private conversation that was secretly recorded in a private residence.
  • The individual who recorded the conversation demanded specific public support for another individual who had come under fire for similar comments or this recording would be released.
  • When public support under blackmail was refused the recording was released the next day.
  • Co-chair of the state party technology committee is a volunteer, unpaid position. It's the only position he held in the state party.
  • He lost his actual job with a local business a few days after the story broke.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join