It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Krakatoa

3rd time I am going to post this link today. Ted Nugent Publicly and repeatedly calls for Obamas death....Then trump has him as a guest at the White House.thinkprogress.org...

If this Dem really said that, that is awful!!! BUT please don't act like your party is any better!!!

How many rappers visited the White House during Obama's time?

Seven.

If you count rapper. . . "Biggie Prostate".

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Looks like he was fired very quickly and this was just making a comment.

And unless people forget we now have a GOP congressmen that assaulted a reporter and was welcomed by his party in Washington. So lets not continue the both sides are the same BS.

I want the Justice Department to make an example of Johnny Depp for his comment. The Hollywood leeches (aka actors) are getting out of hand.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Looks like he was fired very quickly and this was just making a comment.

And unless people forget we now have a GOP congressmen that assaulted a reporter and was welcomed by his party in Washington. So lets not continue the both sides are the same BS.

I want the Justice Department to make an example of Johnny Depp for his comment. The Hollywood leeches (aka actors) are getting out of hand.

Let's not stray from the main point here. That an official from the Democratic party, while performing his duties of the party, was recorded saying he wished one of the opposition party politicians had been killed in that attack. An attack, I may add, was perpetrated by someone that follows the Bernie Sanders and Democratic party policies.

That is the part here that seems to be the point of deflection by the apologists.

edit on 6/23/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling only

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
That is the part here that seems to be the point of deflection by the apologists.

What? Sorry but that doesn't make sense. "The part here"? You just posted all that happened. Granted it wasn't much but, there it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What? Sorry but that doesn't make sense. "The part here"? You just posted all that happened. Granted it wasn't much but, there it is.

For the slow, it means that is the impetus for the active deflection and repeated apologist responses so far. By mentioning Ted Nugent, and other distraction issues, it is an open attempt to distract from the main point of the thread. It's an attempt to put their perceived opposition on the defensive while simultaneously refusing to address the topic directly.

I hope that helps explain it a bit better.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Biggie Prostate, this thread took a turn...I like it, back to WTF?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's a sad topic thought it could use some gallows humor.

What's it going to be tomorrow, I wonder. . . . .

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You mean you don't like examples from the other side of the aisle.

Also, the person distracting by mentioning Depp agrees with the OP so it can't be a deflection.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You mean you don't like examples from the other side of the aisle.

Also, the person distracting by mentioning Depp agrees with the OP so it can't be a deflection.

They are all deflection. It's the same argument a 6 year old uses when caught doing something bad. "But...but...HE did it first! Why am I being punished?!?" Because his actions do not condone your actions. That, IMO, is something the politicos, and their devoted followers, seem to not grasp at all.

As I've stated previously, I have no affiliation with the Republican Party. I think what this Democratic worker said was horrendous and simply cold-hearted. Anyone trying to say, "but. they did it first" is merely trying to justify the bad by citing more bad.

Why is it so hard for people to admit, yes, someone that is in the party I follow was wrong, I don't believe that, and they should never be allowed to spew that hateful rhetoric in the party again. Anything less is akin to acceptance.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks, although calling me a terrorist was funny, I would rather not be the only one laughing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Not really. Nobody here is pleading with an authority to be let off the hook.

People saying "they do it too so stop the fake rage" is not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not really. Nobody here is pleading with an authority to be let off the hook.

People saying "they do it too so stop the fake rage" is not the same thing.

So, now you are accusing ME of fake outrage?

I beg to differ. I hate playing politics, and these actions are reprehensible to say for ANYONE short of a mass murderer. Which, it seem this rep seems to see another politician as akin to a mass murderer based upon his political position on healthcare.

Seriously??!!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's funny until there is a current of hatred running through a large ideological population.

It's not shocking any more.

I remember having a conversation one time with a Russian fellow. We laughed at how in the 80's, we'd have been trying to kill each other. We drank and laughed.

That's where I see this now. We can have a drink, tell a joke, laugh.

But there are too many in your ideological camp that just want me dead for not believing the same as you do.

Just look at the hatred over healthcare.

The very idea of removing an entitlement has caused death, threats, violence.

We're at the onset of a civil war. I get mocked a lot for saying that, but I think it's true.

It will get worse before it gets better, sadly.

Sorry 'bout the rant.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So, now you are accusing ME of fake outrage?

I'm saying some in this thread, and others like it, show fake outrage.

Seriously??!!

Actually yes, you keep throwing around the label apologist and while I don't think it fits me, I get the feeling that you are trying to paint with a a broad brush.

I don't think what this guy said was nice but it isn't that big of a deal either.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I try to view all Democrat idiocy as a gift for Republicans. Adds to the odds that the Senate/House/White House will stay Republican for at least another decade.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

To me, by not thinking it is a big deal to wish someone DEATH, it makes you part of the problem. This type of hateful rhetoric MUST stop...it is not productive and only encourages escalation on both sides.

Just stop it already, and don't accept it as "normal", because it is not normal.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I wish for Scalise not to have so much power, I don't want him to die, but if the shot scared him to back down from power, o would say good riddance.

Oof.

Come on, you are better than this.

We all get irrational from time to time, no harm there.

So surely this was just a heat of the moment statement.

If you mean this, it really hurts your credibility.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

To me, by not thinking it is a big deal to wish someone DEATH, it makes you part of the problem.

You are free to think whatever you want.

This type of hateful rhetoric MUST stop...it is not productive and only encourages escalation on both sides.

So you think making this OP and taking jabs at people on one side is productive?

Personally I don't have a side and I don't care where the chips fall. All I asked, in the form of a loaded question was, what happened to the anti-pc people? They were on the right not too long ago.

Just stop it already, and don't accept it as "normal", because it is not normal.

Actually it is very common and I have heard people on both sides talk like this when, as the audio shows, they think it wont go public.

edit on 23-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

To me, by not thinking it is a big deal to wish someone DEATH, it makes you part of the problem. This type of hateful rhetoric MUST stop...it is not productive and only encourages escalation on both sides.

Democrats have already shown they dont support his actions as he has already been fired. What more do you want from them? Give him a welcome in congress after assaulting a reporter like a GOP congressmen did recently?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Democrats have already shown they dont support his actions as he has already been fired. What more do you want from them? Give him a welcome in congress after assaulting a reporter like a GOP congressmen did recently?

If you read my postings in the thread, you would see I acknowledged the Democratic party for dismissing him was a good thing. However, the rest of the apologist rhetoric from ATS members in this thread is the real issue here. Constant deflection using unrelated examples, like you just did above.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join