It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Dem official says he's 'glad' Scalise got shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Do you have an answer, or is it just your political opinions?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Here we see more of the veil lifting on the hatred within the Democratic party.

What this guy said was out-of-line and completely stupid. These days, it should be always a consideration that someone is recording or taking video.

But I don't see how this reflects on to the entire Democrat party. This is on him.

Typical back-peddling and not guts to stand up to take credit for his words and feelings on the matter. I wonder how long they will wait to blame the Russian's or Trump for this statement?

He can't blame anyone, but this does open an interesting debate. He said "I wish he was #ing dead". Trump said "I hope", in regards to the Flynn investigation and Comey letting it go.

I agree that this guy should stand up and take credit, or blame, for his words. Using that logic, shouldn't Trump do the same?

Not trying to go off-topic, but you mentioned Trump and it occurred to me that the principle is the same.
edit on 23-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: projectvxn
So please, keep it up.

Both sides are full of hypocrites.

How can you say PC is BS and then call this atrocious? Seems contradictory to me. Are you against freedom of speech?

Odd. Show me where the government stifled his speech (which is what the 1st amendment protects us against). Freedom of speech and expression was not suppressed in this case. However, freedom of speech is not freedom from personal consequences. Let that sink in.......

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What state is he from??

I went to the democratic convention in MS for a lark and learned that the party that never wins is laughable...

They had like 25 people tops and 5 of those were running for the democratic senate nomination.

I say that because if he is in a hard red state the democratic inferstucture is like 7 people few if any that are even paid.

And I'm sure the same holds true in hard blue states...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Size does not matter.
What matters is he is (or was) a party representative at the time of his statements. And, to the party's credit, was summarly dismissed. That does not change the fact that he WAS a party official, not some "random" guy as you posited from the start of your deflection campaign.

Next deflection?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

BS false equivalence to deflect from the fact that the dems are chock full of radical leftists.

How can you say PC is BS and then call this atrocious?

There's a difference between political correctness and basic human decency. I can see the left hasn't figured that out yet.

Are you against freedom of speech?

This is just so adorable.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I agree 100%, but the anti-pc crowd would argue that his words hurt no one and that negative personal consequences would be unfair. The only people who would approve of such consequences would be the pro-pc crowd.

I mean the guy was politically incorrect, that is all it really was.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It doesn't reflect on anything, just like it doesn't reflect on conservatism when one conservative idiot says something..

This kind of propaganda would get you laughed out of a highschool debate..

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Attention Please:

This is NOT the Mud Pit. Keep it civil please.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 6/23/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

BS false equivalence to deflect from the fact that the dems are chock full of radical leftists.

I'm not deflecting anything. What part of "both sides" are you having trouble understanding?

There's a difference between political correctness and basic human decency. I can see the left hasn't figured that out yet.

Now that's deflection.

This is just so adorable.

Oh, yet another deflection.
edit on 23-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

But I don't see how this reflects on to the entire Democrat party. This is on him.

#huntrepublicans

Looks more and more like a leftist democrat trend to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No. The vast majority of Dems are just regular people like you and I.

Just like the vast majority of Reps are as well.

What you said is the equivalent of a Leftist saying the Reps are chock full of ignorant, beer-chugging racists.

It's false, but you are still engaging in equivalent hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So please, keep it up.

How can you say PC is BS and then call this atrocious? Seems contradictory to me. Are you against freedom of speech?

Maybe because PC IS BS?????

Just sayin...

Bottom line is this dude is being paid most likely by tax payers money, and he is advocating by his statements hatred towards someone who has a different political affiliation than his?

Keep in mind the amount of people on Psych drugs out there in this world and the programming of HATE that is being pushed by the Legacy Media and we have a whole new population of weaponized idiots!

Meh, never mind, you and your ilk will never get it until the walls come crumbling down around your narcissistic fantasy world!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It doesn't reflect on anything, just like it doesn't reflect on conservatism when one conservative idiot says something..

This kind of propaganda would get you laughed out of a highschool debate..

I completely understand that.

It is illogical.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I agree 100%, but the anti-pc crowd would argue that his words hurt no one and that negative personal consequences would be unfair. The only people who would approve of such consequences would be the pro-pc crowd.

I mean the guy was politically incorrect, that is all it really was.

I guess Hillary's famous "What does it matter now" line is getting more use here? Yeah, double-down yet again. Keep upsetting those that disagree with your political suicide.

SMH

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I see you missed the other half of the question.

I don't have an ilk.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

#huntrepublicans

Looks more and more like a leftist democrat trend to me.

First you said the party was chock full, but now it's a trend?

You're still talking about a very minute number of people.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm apolitical.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Reps are chock full of ignorant, beer-chugging racists.

They are.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Reps are chock full of ignorant, beer-chugging racists.

They are.

Ok. An odd admission to make, but my premise still stands.

You are engaging in partisan hyperbole with absolutely no evidence to prove they are "chock full" or "trending" in any direction.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join