It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the holocaust contribute to Hitlers defeat.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just some thoughts I have been musing.

If you think about it ths Holocaust would of been a very expensive operation.

It would of required 10,000 of men, billions of dollors worth of material to build the camps, material deprately needed in a resource strapped Germany.....
Plus you needed guns, uniforms ect for the guards.....

Then you got the trains and trucks wasted. Germany was also short of train carriages to carry needed logistical supplys to the Russian front and worse there was many instances where vital war material was delayed for days while the train line was used for transports to camps.

Then you have the waste in human lives. 5 million jews and millions of more polish, gypsy, Russians ect. Why kill them? Why make enemys of people you could CONSCRIPT and use in your war ?

Is there any evidence out there on what the NAZIs odd obsession with genocide cost them?

Seems to me the NAZI shot themselves in the foot, wasting time and energy in a pointless endeavour while fighting a war with 3 supers powes.......

edit on 23-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
It would of required 10,000 of men...

I think your other points are valid but I was under the impression all the camps were built with slave labor.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: crazyewok
It would of required 10,000 of men...

I think your other points are valid but I was under the impression all the camps were built with slave labor.

No i meant guards.

There was dozens of camps not to mention the mobile SS death squads.

Thats a lot of manpower. And though they did use some injured soliders, a lot where still healthy recruits.

Plus you still have the train drivers, truck drivers and all the logistical support personal to keep those camps operating.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No, Hitler's hubris was the driving force behind his defeat. He stopped listening to his generals on all fronts and decided to issue orders that ran contrary to their counsel. He racked up a series of major strategic blunders which combined with the renewed assault of the Allies after the US entered the fray, resulting in Germany being stretched too thin on multiple active fronts.

The Holocaust, while taking a massive toll on Germany's humanity, didn't cost Germany much in terms of money. The camps and whatnot were funded from all of the wealth the Nazis stole from the same people they imprisoned in the camps.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Gotcha. Yeah, I suppose the amount of SS would have been a draw from combat forces would have been appreciable. There should be records somewhere of how many men were employed as guards.

edit on 23-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Armaments 2:9-21 And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did the holocaust contribute to Hitlers defeat ?
-Don't think so, messing with Stalin, yes indeed.

link   

The United States has the largest prison system in the world and incarcerates more of our population per capita than any other nation on Earth and, for that matter, in history.

We also have one of the largest proportionate ratio of police to citizens as well.

Neither of which stops us from also having a military larger than the next five nations combined.

Though it is true that toward the end of the war Germany was low on resources and manpower - but this can be attributed to the effects of constant carpet bombing from the allies and troop desertion as it can to any other factor.
edit on 6/23/17 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Holocaust, while taking a massive toll on Germany's humanity, didn't cost Germany much in terms of money. The camps and whatnot were funded from all of the wealth the Nazis stole from the same people they imprisoned in the camps.

Ya don't think that moving some of the forces to protect/destroy the camps prior to the allies liberation, didn't contribute to the deep losses on the German and Russian fronts?

I was watching a documentary recently that had mentioned Hitler making a lot of poor decisions where supply management was concerned, but I'm no expert by any means.

~Tenth

(post by Wide-Eyes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not saying it was a major cause of his defeat but such major endevourwould surely have hurt.

And yes they looted the dead but gold teeth and money dont build barbed wire, concrete and other camps material.
That requres building material, material that was in extremely short supply.
Money itself was a minor consideration when compared to the cost in raw materials and logistical effort.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The United States has the largest prison system in the world and incarcerates more of our population per capita than any other nation on Earth and, for that matter, in history.

We also have one of the largest proportionate ratio of police to citizens as well.

Neither of which stops us from also having a military larger than the next five nations combined.

Though it is true that toward the end of the war Germany was low on resources and manpower - but this can be attributed to the effects of constant carpet bombing from the allies and troop desertion as it can to any other factor.

No Germany started the war short of resources.

Remember the UK pretty much owned the seas. The invasion of Russia and Africa where party due to the need for raw resources.

The USA doesn't have that problem due to the abundant of resources.

link   
RE Manpower - the Nazis lost almost half a million men and almost a thousand aircraft during Stalingrad and the subsequent surrender.

Manpower was not a speed bump for Hitler.

link   
The defeat was going to happen either way, but I would think any resources not going directly to the war effort were wasted.
Hitler made many bad decisions that made the war more difficult than it should have been.

link   

Hate speech! Fake news! Feminism!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The defeat was going to happen either way, but I would think any resources not going directly to the war effort were wasted.
Hitler made many bad decisions that made the war more difficult than it should have been.

Picking a fight with 3 superpowers was never going to end well.

But yeah the diverting of valuable resources to genocide is stupid in peacetime and absolutely retarded when your fighting a war for your very existence.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What in the world are you talking about, it was not because of the war, its because the bible and god`s promises.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The camps and whatnot were funded from all of the wealth the Nazis stole from the same people they imprisoned in the camps.

Yep money wasn't a problem from what I understand.The Holocaust financed itself with what the Nazis took from the European jews.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Absolutely..

If hitler shows up in Russia as a liberator rather than killing all the peasants. Then he probably wins, because a lot of Russians were ready to turn on Stalin and follow hitler. But hitler starts genocidibg people and instead they backed Stalin and helped fight the Germans.

Also half of the German military weren't nazi's they were old school traditional military people and started turning on hitler over the atrocities and such..

One German officer after working on the crew executing Russian peasants wrote his wife to say:

"We cannot and must not be allowed to win this war.."

PLuS , lol at the economy Germany created in a decade or 2!!!

A bad @$$ enough economy to take on the world..

So yea without the genocide a lot of locals back hitler against their home governments.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join