It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catching flies with a vacuum cleaner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Works well when there is a lot of them. One can catch a dozen in a minute.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vernichter

never thought of the actual vacuum! but there is a special hand held wand that sucks up bugs....I have an electric paddle that I electrocute them with!!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I hate when one of those cheeky lil bastards goes too high for my central air vacuum tube extension to reach and I have to chase them around or balance on top of a stool, lol

Great technique! Hopefully your home isn't possessed, I hear flies are a sign of that type of thing

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My personal favorite is the torch- the kind of handheld one you'd use to sweat pipe. Huge amount of heat, short range... just don't get stupid with it and it works great.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That would really have spoiled the atmosphere in the movie The Amityville Horror! (Sp?).

Pretty cool idea, though.
Beats chasing them around with a rolled up newspaper.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Did this with the shop-vac and stink bugs. TOTALLY trashed a perfectly good filter.

It was worth it tho...
heh-heh-heh

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've been saving up for the bugasalt..

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I can vouch for this! It worked for us a couple years ago. Bluebottles or something. One turned into 20 real quick.

Works really well when you think of burning the house down.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i try not to kill bugs, because all the trillions of dollars the r0thschilds own cannot even bring a fly back to life.

so here is what i do-

i have a water spray bottle. just water. then i hit the fly with water. it does not matter where you spray, because its water.

the water gets the fly's wings wet, he drifts to the ground. then i use a napkin or cup to scoop him up. then i talk to the fly (shamanic technique) telling him to stay outside and avoid people.

the spraying water bottle works perfect.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I employ a very similar tactic.

I have a spray bottle of vermouth. When I see a fly I take the spray bottle and spritz some Dolin Blanc into an icy martini glass which I then top with well-chilled gin and an olive or two. I take a sip or three and then I use a fly swatter to smash that fly into the next life.

Works every time. And it's good for you too.

edit on 23-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
i try not to kill bugs, because all the trillions of dollars the r0thschilds own cannot even bring a fly back to life.

so here is what i do-

i have a water spray bottle. just water. then i hit the fly with water. it does not matter where you spray, because its water.

the water gets the fly's wings wet, he drifts to the ground. then i use a napkin or cup to scoop him up. then i talk to the fly (shamanic technique) telling him to stay outside and avoid people.

You are so awesome.
Thank you for being you!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Augustus... we cannot all live the lavish life of a king (and here I was a' thinkin' I'm fancy sittin' on my porch in my rocking chair w/ the bug zapper and my Budweiser, pshhh)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Augustus... we cannot all live the lavish life of a king...

I hear you.

#IlluminatiBloodlines

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Industrial strength elastic bands worked for me. We lived out in the country and we'd get all those giant military special forces bluebottles that sounded like a B52. Fired off an elastic band at one that was buzzing at the window from my sofa at the opposite side of the room. Didn't expect to score a direct hit, but the critter was squished flat.

Old cassette tape boxes made useful little scoops. Maybe a laser pointer or a mini-drone?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli
I bought 2 for my boys last Christmas. They immediately used them to season their food. They are both in their 20's.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

so here is what i do-

I use the vacuum. It's a bug's heaven in there, full of dog fur and whatnot. They can nest comfortably in the fur, and eat the whatnots.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You would not frigging believe the amount of mosquitoes i just had to deal with..

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I tried hitting a fly on our patio window with the vacuum cleaner...

Who do I send the bill to for a new window?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Oh yes It Does!
Had a fruit fly infestation one morning.
It seemed like there was hundreds of them.
I made a fruit fly trap and sucked up as much as I could with the vacuum.
Worked wonders!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, my grandfather had yellowjackets nesting under the clapboards of his farmhouse. They were entering and exiting through a knothole in one of the boards.
He set up an old vacuum cleaner and fastened the hose to the side of the house with the end of the hose next to the hole. He turned the vacuum cleaner on and left it run for hours. Every yellowjacket that came out of the hole was sucked into the hose, and every one that came back to the nest was sucked up when it tried to go into the hole.

When he thought that he had captured most of them, he decided that he would open up the vacuum cleaner.
I asked him if he wasn't afraid of them coming out and stinging him...
He said, "Oh no, they will have been all chopped up by the fan in there.

He opened it up and closed it again promptly, as the bees were not ever in contact with the fan and were alive and well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join