It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
The 30 people that starred the OP suck.

K~

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Well they could start with obtaining the actual server.
Get the server logs.
Show the raw server log data and the server time stamps in that data., Such will include things like IP address, including the ones in the list in the report if they even appear in the server logs.
Match the hacks to the published emails on wikileaks.
Simple check number 1 .... The hacks do not appear before the last dates of the leaked emails.
Check 2 the hack is almost exactly timed to the end dates of the emails

That would be a start at least. The relevant server log information is not going to be classified information.

As it stands the documents you linked from the IC could have been written by my 9yr old nephew. There is absolutely nothing in them that proves anything.

As for broader claims about motive and who directed things, that will always be just speculation, often dressed up as fact of course.

The story about Putin directing events comes from someone who says there is a US spy talking with Putin on this so knows all about it. I will pass on that as evidence of anything.
edit on 24/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Interesting that the couriered envelope came from the CIA who has ultra deep ties with Bezos and WaPo.

Tellmemore.

The real conspiracy is right under your nose.

The CIA operates without the authority of the people of the USA, or our selected representatives. They are their own nation, and they are no friend to the republic or the people.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not sure why the conservative talk shows are not playing this clip on a loop.

At this point I am surprised that we don't hear Megatron and the Decepticons thrown about. But seriously what disturbs me the most is not that people are manipulated into hating a non-politician and will glam on any shred of "evidence"...

What disturbs me the most is that they ignore the very real and easily demonstrated circumvention of the Constitution by the Legislatve, Executive and Judicial Branches in order to create and new power over the people of the US. And no one calls it a Conspiracy to commit Treason. Not even the conservative talk shows. Not even the "out there" antics of Glen Beck nor Alex Jones nor the occasional loon that buys an hour block of air time for whatever claptrap.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You are missing the real news that came out of the leaks like how the Foundation was really a pay to play scheme.

We interfere with elections all the time. The MSM also influences voters to vote Democrat.

It's time to admit Clinton was a terrible candidate.

edit on 24-6-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sad thing to see on ATS when a rude Gif gets lots of stars as the first comment.

Constructive thoughts? No. Exchange of ideas? No. Counter arguments? No. Just a rude gif.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I guess Trump coming public to denounce that Mueller may have conflicts of interest in the investigation after hiring 13 lawyers many well know democrats and Hillary supporters and been Comey his brother in armsis not sitting well with the anti trump agenda.

Let the propaganda keep going, but sadly is not working like it was before.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah you have two different email issues confused deary.
The emails that were released were DNC emails.
The other email issue from back in 2011 was about deleted emails. Not the same story.
How many times do I have to clarify this for you bud?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You mean trump trying to do to Mueller what he did to Comey?
He's trying to discredit him just like he tried to discredit Comey.
He's running out of plays here. All his go to schemes aren't working.
I'm just waiting now...waiting for him to fire Mueller.
Then they go for blood. Ha Ha ha ha ha Ha

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Sad thing to see on ATS when a rude Gif gets lots of stars as the first comment.

Constructive thoughts? No. Exchange of ideas? No. Counter arguments? No. Just a rude gif.

But it said so much. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a meme is worth a million. In addition, and quite obviously, the trigger factor is priceless.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well they could start with obtaining the actual server. Get the server logs. Show the raw server log data and the server time stamps in that data., Such will include things like IP address, including the ones in the list in the report if they even appear in the server logs.
Simple check number 1 .... The hacks do not appear before the last dates of the leaked emails.

Why even pretend you know what you're talking about?

There won't be anything in logs on the compromised servers. Whatever may have been logged from the initial breach would have been cleaned up immediately and subsequent access wouldn't be logged anywhere on the compromised servers.

It's basically the last place one would expect to find anything.

What might exist are logs on a log server or from a firewall/router/etc — logs stored in places that weren't accessible to the intruders. I do seem to remember reading something about the DNC's IT contractor deploying an IDS in late April that flagged suspicious activity but if you think that CrowdStrike is fabricating evidence, you probably wouldn't trust anything from the DNC network so the next logical place to look would be the ISP.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Well they could start with obtaining the actual server. Get the server logs. Show the raw server log data and the server time stamps in that data., Such will include things like IP address, including the ones in the list in the report if they even appear in the server logs.

Why even pretend you know what you're talking about?

There won't be anything in logs on the compromised servers. Whatever may have been logged from the initial breach would have been cleaned up immediately and subsequent access wouldn't be logged anywhere on the compromised servers.

It's basically the last place one would expect to find anything.

What might exist are logs on a log server or from a firewall/router/etc — logs stored in places that weren't accessible to the intruders. I do seem to remember reading something about the DNC's IT contractor deploying an IDS in late April that flagged suspicious activity but if you think that CrowdStrike is fabricating evidence, you probably wouldn't trust anything from the DNC network so the next logical place to look would be the ISP.

If you don't understand that server logs contain time stamps and IP addresses then I can't account for your ignorance.

Such log data would have been easily accessible and requested by anyone doing an investigation.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

All of the US intelligence services have deep ties with Palantir too.

How A 'Deviant' Philosopher Built Palantir, A CIA-Funded Data-Mining Juggernaut

Palantir lives the realities of its customers: the NSA, the FBI and the CIA--an early investor through its In-Q-Tel venture fund--along with an alphabet soup of other U.S. counterterrorism and military agencies. In the last five years Palantir has become the go-to company for mining massive data sets for intelligence and law enforcement applications, with a slick software interface and coders who parachute into clients' headquarters to customize its programs. Palantir turns messy swamps of information into intuitively visualized maps, histograms and link charts. Give its so-called "forward-deployed engineers" a few days to crawl, tag and integrate every scrap of a customer's data, and Palantir can elucidate problems as disparate as terrorism, disaster response and human trafficking.

Palantir's advisors include Condoleezza Rice and former CIA director George Tenet, who says in an interview that "I wish we had a tool of its power" before 9/11. General David Petraeus, the most recent former CIA chief, describes Palantir to FORBES as "a better mousetrap when a better mousetrap was needed" and calls Karp "sheer brilliant."

Guess who owns the biggest stake in Palantir?

The bottom line: A CIA-funded firm run by an eccentric philosopher has become one of the most valuable private companies in tech, priced at between $5 billion and $8 billion in a round of funding the company is currently pursuing. Karp owns roughly a tenth of the firm--just less than its largest stakeholder, Peter Thiel, the PayPal and Facebook billionaire. (Other billionaire investors include Ken Langone and hedge fund titan Stanley Druckenmiller.) That puts Karp on course to become Silicon Valley's latest billionaire--and Thiel could double his fortune--if the company goes public, a possibility Karp says Palantir is reluctantly considering.

When you go on about Amazon and Bezos, don't forget to include Trump's pal, informal advisor and major donor, Peter Thiel and his company, Palantir.
edit on 2017-6-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

If you don't understand that server logs contain time stamps and IP addresses then I can't account for your ignorance.

Such log data would have been easily accessible and requested by anyone doing an investigation.

I'm sorry, what is it that you do for a living again? What's your background and experience? I actually adminstrate a network. I also have years of hacking experience from my youth. I was writing my own log cleaners at 16 and installing patched binaries to evade detection. I've actually deployed backdoors.

You on the other hand, have some basic concept of "logs" and aren't even equipped enough for this conversation to respond appropriately to what I said. Yet you're speaking matter-of-factly as though you are.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry, what is it that you do for a living again? What's your background and experience? I actually adminstrate a network. I also have years of hacking experience from my youth. I was writing my own log cleaners at 16 and installing patched binaries to evade detection. I've actually deployed backdoors.

You on the other hand, have some basic concept of "logs" and aren't even equipped enough for this conversation to respond appropriately to what I said. Yet you're speaking matter-of-factly as though you are.

I'd hate to be a customer on one of the servers you run. Jeez.

Covering tracks is rather irrelevant as the IC said they had found specific intrusions from IP addresses that they had associated to Russian hackers.
They even listed these IP addresses in the comedy report they passed out to the public.
Not only will logs show the date stamps for these intrusions but also the files accessed.

I'll find and link back to a previous thread to help you understand.

p.s. get some more training.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Since we now know that the CIA developed techniques (and lost them!) to spoof and hide their own hacking by making it falsely appear that Russia (and others I presume) did the hacking, that raises some intriguing and legitimate questions doesn't it?

Everyone seems to agree that Russia is highly advanced in hacking, wouldn't they use these same techniques themselves to avoid detection?

From your experience in evading detection, do you not think that is a possibility in this case? That someone camouflaged their footprint? Maybe even hackers that got ahold of the lost and disseminated code? Or someone who wanted to deflect from the obvious corruption that turned up?
edit on 24-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: underpass61

You saw it everywhere.
Remember the vid of her kidding around with a reporter making a baffled face that became Hillary having a seizure? Remember Hillary is falling down all the time?
Remember an altered photo of the back of her skirt?
Memes and bizarre stories all last summer?
That was them.
Remember wiki leaks and tens of thousands of emails released on a weekly basis?
That was them.

And like I said before Trump got easily 5x more than she did. Remember the hair? The orange skin? Small hands? He was a petulant man-baby, a misogynistic p-grabber, a mocker of disabled reporters. And let's not forget the Sexual Harassment Victim of the Week, trotted out on every media outlet to tell us what a creep he is (where are they now?). The demonstators harrasing and obstructing rally goers? Your own candidate went on record saying roughly one quarter of the American public was a"basket of deplorables". The final weeks of the campaign were a nonstop barrage that doubled in intensity almost daily. Was I "demoralized" by this, as Dante claims? Quite the contrary, I was more convinced than ever, you could say"deploralized". That's what happens when you actually have the courage of your convictions and aren't afraid to stand up for what's right. I'll say it again, if mean spirited memes can break your will you've got WAY bigger problems than President Trump.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Covering tracks is rather irrelevant as the IC said they had found specific intrusions from IP addresses that they had associated to Russian hackers.

They even listed these IP addresses in the comedy report they passed out to the public.
Not only will logs show the date stamps for these intrusions but also the files accessed.

You're such a clown. Why would you try to double down on something you know absolutely nothing about? "But muh logs bro! Muh logs! Timestamps bro! Timestamps!"

You're referring to completely different things stored in completely different places. If they're Windows servers, the filesystem would be NTFS and the metadata for file creation, access times, etc would be in the MFT. If they were any number of Unix or Linux variants, we'd be talking something like Ext4 and inodes. None of that has anything to do with IP addresses.

There are actually logs on the servers that would capture IP addresses. Which log would depend on the OS and what service was used for remote access but all of them are easily scrubbed and later access is achieved through RATs like "XAgent" which aren't going to log anything anywhere on the server.

What's going on here is that a) you don't know anything about what you're talking about and b) you're trying to allude to the fact that the DNC didn't give the FBI direct access to their servers and c) you lack the character to just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about and quit while you're behind.

I'm sure that the logs on the compromised servers were checked and most likely revealed nothing because any local logs would be easily scrubbed. What part of this are you missing? Locally stored logs are easily cleaned up.

You couldn't afford me.

Lmao. Get a clue and grow some character.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yes. It is within the realm of possibility that the hackers were not Russian and employed techniques to encourage misattribution to the Russians. That's always something that should be considered. How successful an effort like that would be depends on a lot of factors.

Is it probable though? To really guage the probability, one would have to look at the evidence in its totality. That's really the biggest reason I personally have for wanting to see this all thoroughly investigated and I hope we get a report when it's over that goes into nauseating detail. Naturally, if the IC has something like contemporaneous intercepts of communications from the Russians which contain dicussion of the attacks as they were occurring or something along those lines, that would drop that probability of misattribution to practically zero.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You're such a clown. Why would you try to double down on something you know absolutely nothing about? "But muh logs bro! Muh logs! Timestamps bro! Timestamps!"

You're referring to completely different things stored in completely different places. If they're Windows servers, the filesystem would be NTFS and the metadata for file creation, access times, etc would be in the MFT. If they were any number of Unix or Linux variants, we'd be talking something like Ext4 and inodes. None of that has anything to do with IP addresses.

There are actually logs on the servers that would capture IP addresses. Which log would depend on the OS and what service was used for remote access but all of them are easily scrubbed and later access is achieved through RATs like "XAgent" which aren't going to log anything anywhere on the server.

What's going on here is that a) you don't know anything about what you're talking about and b) you're trying to allude to the fact that the DNC didn't give the FBI direct access to their servers and c) you lack the character to just admit that you have no idea what you're talking about and quit while you're behind.

I'm sure that the logs on the compromised servers were checked and most likely revealed nothing because any local logs would be easily scrubbed. What part of this are you missing? Locally stored logs are easily cleaned up.

You couldn't afford me.

Lmao. Get a clue and grow some character.

Yeah, server logs. Easy to double down on reality.
If they are using Windows, the exchange server is just as likely to use ReFS. In fact, since 2016 for the exchange server ReFS is recommended over NTFS. "But muh, I'm an expert bro!". You muppet.

IIS logs will provide date stamps as well as client and server IP addresses. It requires configuration, which any expert would know and any administrator worth their salt would set up.

To advise further lets use what Crowdstrike actually said when they were called in:

One question had been answered: there was definitely someone rummaging around the DNC servers. But who? CrowdStrike checked its records, seeing whether the methods used for the hack matched any they already had on record. They did. Two groups, working independently, were secreting away information, including private correspondence, email databases and, reportedly, opposition research files on Donald Trump. "We realised that these actors were very well known to us," Alperovitch says. This is because of a handful of small but significant tells: data exfiltrated to an IP address associated with the hackers; a misspelled URL; and time zones related to Moscow. "They were called FANCY BEAR and COZY BEAR, and we could attribute them to the Russian government."

Get a clue yourself, or at least update your skills. Come back in a year or so once you're up to speed, and I'd advise dropping your rates to align with other people with out of date skill sets. Above all, warn your clients that you are clueless about auditing in case of hacks.

In the meantime, as the IC (via Crowdstrike) say they were able to find the IP addresses and indeed listed them, they could also provide the time stamps and your nonsense about masking is irrelevant.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join