It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats Against Presidents, and the ATS Alt Right Echo Chamber.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Did he get shot? Did any Democrat officials get shot? Did any receive violence perpetrated against them?

Wasn't Harry Reid attacked by his treadmill ?
I never knew exercise equipment to be so viciously partisan.

edit on 23-6-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

How does that negate Gabby Giffords being shot while campaigning as a democrat.

Because we are talking about politically motivated violence. Was she shot because she was a Democrat campaigning or because her event brought together a conveniently large number of people to target? The final analysis concluded it was the latter. Lougner really didn't care who she was or what was going on. He only cared that there was a crowd he could shoot up.

I remember there was more to it

Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman’s Grudge Against Giffords

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I honestly don't care who makes threats against who. I'm not a cop or a federal agent.

Most of the time, I drop in to see if there is any news on Bigfoot or MKultra, but ATS is pretty much the Donald Trump show at this point.

I won't throw a fit. I live at the top of the mountain and honestly -- don't really care about anyone who isn't in my contact list already. I knew we were sunk as a nation the moment a reality TV star and multilevel-marketing shill got elected to the highest office in the land. I'll go to my grave knowing for certain that 2016 was the day Murica! got their country back, but it was actually Argentina in drag.

I'm sure it is all for the best.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

They are just swollen from the constant polishing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

AND...Echo "chamber"?

ATS isnt an echo chamber, as there's every kind of person, every kind of viewpoint, on every kind of issue, not to mention rabid opposition on any hot button issue just itching for the next hot thread to appear on the list....

An echo chamber would have all the same mindset viewpoints etc only all applauding every time someone farts.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is the disconnect on both sides. The right wants to ignore the fact that for the last couple of decades, it's their side that's been responsible for the majority of domestic terror attacks. From church shootings to abortion clinic attacks, time and time again it was some ultra-conservative.

The left wants to ignore the fact that they have their own "ultras" that are espousing and pushing for violence against practically anybody that doesn't toe their line, and then go out and hit people with bike locks and destroy property.

And both sides have people that are advocating for the rights of others to be taken away because politics. Far too many people on both sides have adopted the attitude of "I'm going to ignore my side's behavior and turn the focus back to the other side's behavior."

Nothing good is going to come out of that type of "thinking," if that can even be called thought.

The idea that right wing has been responsible for the majority of terror attacks has been debunked over and over again.

Those studies label just about any white attacks against any other group as right wing terror, including things such a as vandalism.

However, they dont include minority attacks on whites as left wing terror.

These studies take groups like the southern poverty law center as there data, a group which is horribly biased.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The FBI doesn't count simple acts of vandalism in it's domestic terror analysis, and I'm not using the SPLC's information for that very reason.

The simple fact remains that in the '90s, right-wing groups overtook left-wing groups in prominence and activity. By no means does that mean left-wing terrorism disappeared, and I certainly am not saying that. But simply looking at a list of terror related incidents for the last couple of decades will show a) an awful lot of Muslim names, b) an awful lot of right-oriented beliefs, be they religious, political, or racial, triggering acts, and c) a comparative handful of left-wing acts.

And I mean actual acts of domestic terrorism, not the watered down version of terrorism that places like SPLC and ATS use.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The FBI doesn't count simple acts of vandalism in it's domestic terror analysis, and I'm not using the SPLC's information for that very reason.

The simple fact remains that in the '90s, right-wing groups overtook left-wing groups in prominence and activity. By no means does that mean left-wing terrorism disappeared, and I certainly am not saying that. But simply looking at a list of terror related incidents for the last couple of decades will show a) an awful lot of Muslim names, b) an awful lot of right-oriented beliefs, be they religious, political, or racial, triggering acts, and c) a comparative handful of left-wing acts.

And I mean actual acts of domestic terrorism, not the watered down version of terrorism that places like SPLC and ATS use.

Please cite the fbi statistics and what they define right wing terrorism as.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I said analysis, not statistics. You can google their definition of domestic terror as easily as I can. You can also google what's considered "right wing" if you're confused.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I will I am on the road now though and can't really so I thought maybe you were looking at their numbers and could just post them.

No worries though I will see what I can find later in the week.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Both hands on the wheel, buckle up, and drink milk.

#safetyfirst

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Sounds like a bunch of bs and moving the goal posts to me.

Did he get shot? Did any Democrat officials get shot? Did any receive violence perpetrated against them?

That's all I read. I didn't see anything about political motivations in those series of questions (even though he clearly said that he was helping start a race war which is a VERY political reason for what he did). Do you?
edit on 23-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Republicans like W and HW ride off into the sunset after their presidencies and never comment on legislation or the subsequent potus.

You mean the Presidents that were such failures that they weren't even invited to the national convention?

Obama, Clinton, and Carter are whiny babies.

And still far better than anything the GOP has been able to put forth.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Republicans like W and HW ride off into the sunset after their presidencies and never comment on legislation or the subsequent potus.

You mean the Presidents that were such failures that they weren't even invited to the national convention?

Obama, Clinton, and Carter are whiny babies.

And still far better than anything the GOP has been able to put forth.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: jjkenobi

Gabby Giffords.

You still believe that lie? Loughner was not a political radical. The same day he shot Giffords, he also murdered a Republican federal judge too.

This has been debunked time and again. It was a mass shooting, not a politically motivated thing.

The left chooses to ignore any facts that does not fit their fake news narratives (like in Georgia, where they lost, but in their minds they won). But since it was apparently in "Wikipedia", I will now believe former POTUS Obama is the victim in all these recent assassination attempts...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The left believes the right will destroy society, the right believes the same of the left. They both need eachother to create a healthy and free dialogue where ideas, solutions to problems and concerns can be productively discussed.

Unfortunately it's the gridlock caused by the rigid dogmatism of both sides that allows the powerful to move within the vacuum and keep that power for themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They are just swollen from the constant polishing.

That's gold!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Well, feel free to give us a list of all the celebrities who were calling for his assassination, eh? What, there weren't any?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You forgot the Palin fiasco? oh, thats right, it didnt happen since it was in the past.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Celebrities like Depp, Madonna, Snoop Dogg, Kathy Griffin, as well as, The Public Theater are promoting the idea of assassinating Trump. The MSM pushes this narrative & openly supports hate groups like Black Lives Matter, La Raza (The Race) & The Muslim Brotherhood.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join