It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats Against Presidents, and the ATS Alt Right Echo Chamber.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Obamas legacy is being completely erased...

And what will Trumps legacy be, right now it looks like his legacy will be as the President who presided over a covert Russian Coup of America and was impeached before the end of his first term for criminal activities.

You guys really have to stop acting like Trump does no wrong.

I was a fan of Obama but I was more than happy to get critical of the guy when it was deserved.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

What you're missing is, Trump is receiving even more death threats

How did you come to that conclusion? Do you have a link or something I can read that has some statistics on that?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If Trump actually *did* something to merit impeachment, then impeach him. Right now, there is no evidence of any crime, just endless investigations looking for that evidence to fit the crime they made up.

With Obama, there were numerous scandals, with hard evidence. Were any of them impeachable? I don't know. There was never any investigation to level we already have only 6 months in to this administration.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Yay, blame the resident President for this Brave New Oligarchy! Bunch of morons...

Anyway. I'd have my whole staff issuing death-threads in order to legitimize my position and the strongman-approach. Law & Order!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

presided over a covert Russian Coup

link the DOJ/CIA/FBI investigation findings which back up this assertion.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am being flippant and mealy pointing out that less than a year into Trumps presidency it seems like his only legacy is going to be one of controversy

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Painterz

Obama faced around 30 death threats per day. PER DAY!

Phewww - lucky the princess had secret service men and women protecting him then - can't have the most powerful person on the planet getting intimidated by 30 retards/day for 8 years.

Can you link all the 87,600 government announcements of these 30 threats/day from archives? because I'd like to check the details for myself vis-a-vis 30 threats per day thingy.

I would like to see that myself...because I am not buying it.
According to the OPs Wikipedia link -

In 2009 journalist Ronald Kessler reported that Obama received 400 percent more death threats than his predecessor.[10] Later that year, the Secret Service stated that the volume of threats against Obama was "comparable to that under George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

Same inflated figure that the Telegraph throws out but the Secret Service drops it down.
And the Wiki page only lists 17 instances, Trump has had 17 asshole celebrities and counting call for his killing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Haha, just as I said, the right, are now in this thread saying the media may be to blame, Uh, wait....The media who only supports the left and create fake news against the right? Basically the same people, who always defend trump are blowing more hot air.

Here is a Wiki, about plots against Obama.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a link about Ted Nugent repeatedly calling for Obamas death, Oh yeah and then trump had him Visit the White House....That right there should say something about trump, as he was well aware of what Nugent said.

thinkprogress.org...

Here is yet another link about all of the death threats Obama faced.

www.ranker.com...

The right wing, can say all they want, but they clearly have double standards!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is the disconnect on both sides. The right wants to ignore the fact that for the last couple of decades, it's their side that's been responsible for the majority of domestic terror attacks. From church shootings to abortion clinic attacks, time and time again it was some ultra-conservative.

The left wants to ignore the fact that they have their own "ultras" that are espousing and pushing for violence against practically anybody that doesn't toe their line, and then go out and hit people with bike locks and destroy property.

And both sides have people that are advocating for the rights of others to be taken away because politics. Far too many people on both sides have adopted the attitude of "I'm going to ignore my side's behavior and turn the focus back to the other side's behavior."

Nothing good is going to come out of that type of "thinking," if that can even be called thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Understood - entering into a debate with such a preconceived notion can be fraught with danger because it clouds your ability to objectively criticize the situation and have your opinion taken seriously as a consequence.

If you already hate the bloke (and you do), then it matters naught what he says and does - you will continue with your preconceived notion as your guiding light.

There is nothing wrong with this, I'm the same with Hillikileaks, so I'm not objective when it comes to anything related to her or her political party either. I actually didn't mind Obama, I always saw (and still do) Hillary as way more dangerous for Americas future.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Many are just pointing out the threats.

I really don't see too many calling for silencing of anyone.

I've even defended the free speech aspect.

But I and others will continue to highlight and illuminate the fervor that leftists have for Trump.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That's true.I have never seen this level of hysteria,hatred and vitriol tolerated against an American president.What the left forgets,while there were obviously people who hated Obama and nutjobs who spoke of wanting to kill him even - there was never that tolerance in the media for death threats against Obama,nor celebrities,from A to Z list wanting to blow up the WH,punch the prez,kill the prez,no simulated beheadings,no public stage plays acting out his assassination..There is no comparison in what Obama and Trump has to cope with.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well, it looks like the left and the right are both the enemy of the people of this country. Why would anybody choose one of the sides? Shouldn't we all realize by now that both parties are corrupt?
edit on 23-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
What you're missing is, Trump is receiving even more death threats.

Proof?
edit on 23-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Left
Right
Left
Right
Left
Right

Great progress soldier!!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I updated my [original] post with an applicable story to this op..

Hope that helps the delicate liberal sensibilities I offended by mocking their dear leader..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

entering into a debate with such a preconceived notion can be fraught with danger because it clouds your ability to objectively criticize the situation and have your opinion taken seriously as a consequence.

Yup.... according to you.

If you already hate the bloke (and you do), then it matters naught what he says and does - you will continue with your preconceived notion as your guiding light.

My views on Trump could change, if he turned round and said he was going to work towards nuclear disarmament, implement a national health service, bring in sensible gun laws, stop appointing his mates to position of power, hold his hands up when he is wrong, reverse his activities in Scotland and so on then i might even learn to like the guy.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Last I checked both sides were pretty much the same and more then likely have been for years. Presidents being threatened isn't a new idea, been going on since the start of this country.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Last I checked both sides were pretty much the same and more then likely have been for years. Presidents being threatened isn't a new idea, been going on since the start of this country.

My point exactly. Anyone who thinks one side is right and the other is wrong, has deluded themselves enough to ignore the stupidity of both parties. These party sides are no more than groups of people who want to consolidate power amongst their cohorts.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It was a political meeting campaigning for a democrat, that was the only gathering in town? I'm sure he could have found a gathering down his street.
I don't agree with you at all. He's a serial killer who was OCD on politics like the baseball killer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join