It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Threats Against Presidents, and the ATS Alt Right Echo Chamber.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Okay, look, I see an awful lot of threads getting started on ATS lately about radical left wing terrorists threatening to assassinate Trump and how awful and terrifying and scary this is, and how evil the left are.

But here's the thing.

Obama faced around 30 death threats per day. PER DAY!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously."

So where was all this ATS outrage against nasty people making threats to the President when it was the other guy in office?

Why didn't all of your right-wing blogs and news sources report on these 30 threats a day? Why are they now getting so breathlessly excited about Johnny Depp or some professor at some college somewhere?

How many of you have even heard about the assassination attempts here?

en.wikipedia.org...

Nobody is saying that death threats are okay, no matter who makes them. But what I object to is the narrative that some people are trying to create here about radical leftist terrorists suddenly appearing and threatening your way of life, when these same people studiously ignored the radical right wing terrorists that made a heck of a lot more threats through the Obama years.

Because you're seriously trying to tell me that the Left Wing Radicals are the problem here?

No. The problem here is the narrative the alt-right are trying to create to self-justify increasing levels of discord in society.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Did he get shot? Did any Democrat officials get shot? Did any receive violence perpetrated against them?

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Good thread. I'm sure you'll be promptly ridiculed for it by the very people you are calling out because it hits too close to home for them though.
edit on 23-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Did he get shot? Did any Democrat officials get shot? Did any receive violence perpetrated against them?

Yes. A man named Dylann Roof shot up a church and killed a Black Senator two years ago.
edit on 23-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Gabby Giffords.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I recall how convinced the left was that the right would *never* let Obama finish his term, that he would be shot/assassinated before he could leave office naturally.

Did that happen?

Now let's evaluate the situations.

Which is more likely do you think: That there are just threats made on Trump, or that someone will actually try to kill him?

I hope it's the former, but since he was charged on stage during the campaign and given that we've now had an actual mass murder attempt on Republican lawmakers by a leftist radical, which is really more likely?

I do still think he'll finish out his term. It's just more likely given history, but then again, the last time we as a nation were so divided politically was during the time of Lincoln, and looked how that turned out for him. I am *not* saying that Trump is Lincoln, only that he is president during interesting times.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The right has a blindness problem regarding this issue.

Waste of energy pointing this stuff out.

But what do I know? I'm just a blood thirsty, frothing mouth leftist.
edit on 23-6-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: jjkenobi

Gabby Giffords.

You still believe that lie? Loughner was not a political radical. The same day he shot Giffords, he also murdered a Republican federal judge too.

This has been debunked time and again. It was a mass shooting, not a politically motivated thing.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I recall how convinced the left was that the right would *never* let Obama finish his term, that he would be shot/assassinated before he could leave office naturally.

Did that happen?

Now let's evaluate the situations.

Which is more likely do you think: That there are just threats made on Trump, or that someone will actually try to kill him?

I hope it's the former, but since he was charged on stage during the campaign and given that we've now had an actual mass murder attempt on Republican lawmakers by a leftist radical, which is really more likely?

I do still think he'll finish out his term. It's just more likely given history, but then again, the last time we as a nation were so divided politically was during the time of Lincoln, and looked how that turned out for him. I am *not* saying that Trump is Lincoln, only that he is president during interesting times.

Trump is the author of his own fate. He has it in his power to sooth the political divisions in this country, instead he takes every opportunity to poke them and make them rawer.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thank you for this thread!!!! I was unaware of this to be honest. I said when Obama was elected, I thought he would be assassinated. I am glad it never happened. The right wing ignores EVERYTHING that goes against their own thought process. The Russia thing has proven that. I don't know why they ignore even good things the left does.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How does that negate Gabby Giffords being shot while campaigning as a democrat.
edit on 23-6-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Obama faced around 30 death threats per day. PER DAY!

Phewww - lucky the princess had secret service men and women protecting him then - can't have the most powerful person on the planet getting intimidated by 30 retards/day for 8 years.

Can you link all the 87,600 government announcements of these 30 threats/day from archives? because I'd like to check the details for myself vis-a-vis 30 threats per day thingy.
edit on 23-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

We cannot forget that the current narrative also includes the Left is trying to start a civil war and those of us on the Left are terrorist sympathizers.

Many on this site are pushing many narratives and propaganda.

They just can't help themselves. It's how they have been trained.

+47 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It is just another example of the massive hypocrisy of Trump supporters.

When you call of Obama's impeachment, your a patriot, call for Trumps and your a traitor.

They seem to have all developed some kind of collective conciousness, if you don't support Trump you are a ignorant, anti-American Hillary supporter.

Could you imagine how different ATS would look if Obama said it was ok to grope womens genitals or was facing the serious accusations of him being compromised by the Russian government.

Lots of the people who are now supporting Trump are the same ones who were ranting about how Obama was trying to steal their guns and was going to start a civil war in America.

Its just all alt-right BS
edit on 23-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Maybe toss some blame towards the media? I didn't hear about the daily threats towards Obama. If I had, I most certainly would have spoke against those. The ones I did hear about, I voiced my frustration with the ignorant racist bastards that spewed their hate.

With Trump though, the media seems to give airtime to every nutter that wants him gone. I wished no harm on Obama and spoke out against those that did. It just didn't seem as rampant as it is now. Couple the threats against Trump with the massive amounts of protests and physical violence that's on levels I've never seen, you get a picture of why folks are voicing their concerns.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I can't wait until Obamacare is repealed...

That will be the last vestige of his rule...

He is a joke and his petulance is already showing...

Republicans like W and HW ride off into the sunset after their presidencies and never comment on legislation or the subsequent potus...

Obama, Clinton, and Carter are whiny babies...

Obamas legacy is being completely erased...

Anyhow, cry me a river obama...

Edit:
As to the op, death threats against presidents are Age old for crazies...

When my wife I in residency, doing a psych rotation she had a patient who threatened to kill w when he was visiting that weekend...
She asked where he was going to be and how she was going to kill him..
The patient [surprisingly] gave a coherent, correct answer...
She knew Bush's airport and time...her weapon was her tooth...
Because she had a time, place and method we had to contact secret service...they immediately ruled her out and we held her in Parkland's psych ward all weekend...
True story...

There are always crazies....
-Chris
edit on 23-6-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

How does that negate Gabby Giffords being shot while campaigning as a democrat.

Because we are talking about politically motivated violence. Was she shot because she was a Democrat campaigning or because her event brought together a conveniently large number of people to target? The final analysis concluded it was the latter. Lougner really didn't care who she was or what was going on. He only cared that there was a crowd he could shoot up.

+7 more 
link   
What you're missing is, Trump is receiving even more death threats. And the death threats against Obama weren't publicly innuendoed and spewed across MSM and social media sites en masse with crowds of people cheering the idea.

Look, Madonna thinks an awful lot about blowing up the whitehouse. Johnny Depp just went on record stating it might be time for an actor to assassinate a president.

The threats against the POTUS are made by persuasive and very vocal idols in their communities and abroad.

Every POTUS receives death threats. Obama included. But the vitriol levels, the hatred in the US is at an all time high and even the intelligent left can see this.

The air is not the same so quit trying to compare apples to rhubarb. It just doesn't fly.

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I can't wait until Obamacare is repealed...

That will be the last vestige of his rule...

He is a joke and his petulance is already showing...

Republicans like W and HW ride off into the sunset after their presidencies and never comment on legislation or the subsequent potus...

Obama, Clinton, and Carter are whiny babies...

Obamas legacy is being completely erased...

Anyhow, cry me a river obama...

-Chris

On topic response to follow?....

link   

originally posted by: Painterz

No. The problem here is the narrative the alt-right are trying to create to self-justify increasing levels of discord in society.

Yea well, the problem as I see it is the alt-whatever pushing their narrative. Fill in the blanks because it doesn't matter what "side" it is you're on, it is individuals trying to justify their position.

You don't even have to open most threads to see what slant it takes, just look at the OP author.

It's when you come to a site like this, more people are willing to share their thoughts and positions.

As to the threats, they have been happening for a long time, it's just the climate today is more volatile than I have ever seen it and I think the media knows this and is using it for their narrative.

It should just come down to right or wrong, we just all want to be right so it's difficult to figure out what is real and what is now "fake".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join