It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered Questions. The shooting of Matt Mika at the Republican Congressional baseball practice.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

1) Hiding behind a chain link fence will not protect you from bullets. 2) His voice seems to lack much stress. nor is his breathing excited or irregular. 3) What kind of dumb ass question is asking "Is he alright?" knowing damn well nobody has been out to check on Scalise yet.

That my friend is shock. On more than one occasion I had to grab Cherries by the neck and pull them to the ground or behind cover.
Its very common.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have some interesting info to add.

I want to start with a list of those present during the shooting, according to ABCNews published at 3:23 p.m, on the day of the shooting:

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise
Capitol Police officer
Capitol Police officer
Rep. Roger Williams
Williams' staffer Zach Barth
Rep. Joe Barton
Barton's chief of staff, Ryan Thompson
Barton's sons, Jack and Brad
Rep. Steve Pearce
Rep. Mo Brooks
Sen. Rand Paul
Rep. Brad Wenstrup
Rep. Ron DeSantis
Sen. Jeff Flake
Rep. Chuck Fleischmann
Rep. Barry Loudermilk
Rep. Jeff Duncan
Rep. Trent Kelly
Rep. John Moolenaar
Rep. Gary Palmer
Rep. Mike Bishop
Rep. Jack Bergman
Rep. Mike Conaway
Rep. Rodney Davis
Matt Mika

Note: Only two Capitol Police officers are listed, but as texasgirl points out, there was a third Capitol police officer present:

Henry Cabrera
Link

BUT there is another key person left off this list. In fact, statements from this person are not found until roughly 1:30 p.m…about 6.5 hours after the shooting — at the very earliest. And there are only two articles, I've found, that reference him:

Daniel Harder, legislative director for U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop.

(Mike Bishop was widely reported as having been at the practice during the shooting).

According to Harder’s statements, he ran off the field, after the shooting began, to behind the first base dugout and got inside an SUV (there were only two behind the dugout, btw), and Harder then hid in the backseat of the SUV.

From viewing the photos of behind the first base dugout, it appears there were two black SUVs situated there. The Capitol Police SUV with the tire blown out (when Officer Griner was hit in the ankle), which was parked directly behind the first base dugout, and another SUV that was parked parallel right up against the fence behind the dugout, at the open gate end of the dugout.

Here are the best pics I could find of those two vehicles:

The one with the tire blown out:

(You can see a tiny portion of the second SUV on the right side of the pic)

The second SUV parked parallel to the dugout on the end by the open gate:

(I have some other thoughts on who was in/under which SUV, but I’ll leave it at this, for now.)

Moving on…Dan Harder was quoted by Detroit News with the following sometime between 1:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. on the afternoon of the shooting:

"Mika was shot in the chest, according to his friend Dan Harder, legislative director for U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop, R-Rochester. Harder was also helping out at Wednesday’s practice."

And that’s his entire mention in this Detroit News article published later in the afternoon.

Ok…so, that’s info that everyone already knew, by then…but Daniel Harder apparently witnessed something no one else claims to have witnessed.

From the second article mentioning Harder (the NYPost):

"Mika was struck on the field but managed to move about 100 feet to safety. “He was limping and went down,” Harder said. “Got back up. Went down, got back up and just continued moving.”
Link

So, there you have it.

According to Harder, apparently Mika was shot on the field...went down, got up, went down again, was also limping, and managed to travel 100 feet out the open gate, to behind the first base dugout...before anyone else got back there.

Even Mike Conaway, who was at first base — maybe 20 feet from the open gate — got there after him.

It's really an amazing story.

*cough*

BTW, the NYPost article was updated sometime after 9:57 p.m., on June 14, to reflect this info from Daniel Harder. It did not appear until nearly 15 hours after the shooting. The NYPost says the article was last updated at 9:18 p.m., so I don't know if there is anything screwy with the time zones. I deduced this from the waybackmachine's archive AND someone else saved a snapshot of the article at archive.is at 9:57 p.m. EST

That snapshot does not include Harder's statements.

To recap, a person no one mentions as even being at the practice in their witness accounts, makes an appearance many, many hours later in the press to say he was there, he hid in the backseat of an SUV, and he knows Matt Mika was shot while on the field, and fell twice but managed to limp 100 feet out the gate and behind the dugout...

...and this same sh*thead doesn't help him, tend to him...nothing. He gets inside an SUV next to where he is laying wounded, and hides in the backseat until it's all over.

I actually have more but I’ll stop here, for now.

edit on 24-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
I have some interesting info to add.

I want to start with a list of those present during the shooting, according to ABCNews published at 3:23 p.m, on the day of the shooting:

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise
Capitol Police officer
Capitol Police officer
Rep. Roger Williams
Williams' staffer Zach Barth
Rep. Joe Barton
Barton's chief of staff, Ryan Thompson
Barton's sons, Jack and Brad
Rep. Steve Pearce
Rep. Mo Brooks
Sen. Rand Paul
Rep. Brad Wenstrup
Rep. Ron DeSantis
Sen. Jeff Flake
Rep. Chuck Fleischmann
Rep. Barry Loudermilk
Rep. Jeff Duncan
Rep. Trent Kelly
Rep. John Moolenaar
Rep. Gary Palmer
Rep. Mike Bishop
Rep. Jack Bergman
Rep. Mike Conaway
Rep. Rodney Davis
Matt Mika

Note: Only two Capitol Police officers are listed, but as texasgirl points out, there was a third Capitol police officer present:

Henry Cabrera
Link

BUT there is another key person left off this list. In fact, statements from this person are not found until roughly 1:30 p.m…about 6.5 hours after the shooting — at the very earliest. And there are only two articles, I've found, that reference him:

Daniel Harder, legislative director for U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop.

(Mike Bishop was widely reported as having been at the practice during the shooting).

According to Harder’s statements, he ran off the field, after the shooting began, to behind the first base dugout and got inside an SUV (there were only two behind the dugout, btw), and Harder then hid in the backseat of the SUV.

From viewing the photos of behind the first base dugout, it appears there were two black SUVs situated there. The Capitol police SUV with the tire blown out (when Grider was hit in the ankle), which was parked directly behind the first base dugout, and another SUV that was parked parallel right up against the fence behind the dugout, at the open gate end of the dugout.

Here are the best pics I could find of those two vehicles:

The one with the tire blown out:

(You can see a tiny portion of the second SUV on the right side of the pic)

The second SUV parked parallel to the dugout on the end by the open gate:

(I have some other thoughts on who was in/under which SUV, but I’ll leave it at this, for now.)

Moving on…Dan Harder was quoted by Detroit News with the following sometime between 1:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. on the afternoon of the shooting:

"Mika was shot in the chest, according to his friend Dan Harder, legislative director for U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop, R-Rochester. Harder was also helping out at Wednesday’s practice."

And that’s his entire mention in this Detroit News article published later in the afternoon.

Ok…so, that’s info that everyone already knew, by then…but Daniel Harder apparently witnessed something no one else claims to have witnessed:

"Mika was struck on the field but managed to move about 100 feet to safety. “He was limping and went down,” Harder said. “Got back up. Went down, got back up and just continued moving.”
Link

So, there you have it.

According to Harder, apparently Mika was shot on the field...went down, got up, went down again, was also limping, and managed to travel 100 feet out the open gate, to behind the first base dugout...before anyone else got back there.

Even Mike Conaway, who was at first base — maybe 20 feet from the open gate — got there after him.

It's really an amazing story.

*cough*

BTW, the NYPost article was updated sometime after 9:57 p.m., on June 14, to reflect this info from Daniel Harder. It did not appear until nearly 15 hours after the shooting. The NYPost says the article was last updated at 9:18 p.m., so I don't know if there is anything screwy with the time zones. I deduced this from the waybackmachine's archive AND someone else saved a snapshot of the article at archive.is at 9:57 p.m. EST

That snapshot does not include Harder's statements.

To recap, a person know one mentions as even being at the practice in their witness accounts, makes an appearance many, many hours later in the press to say he was there, he hid in the backseat of an SUV, and he knows Matt Mika was shot while on the field, and fell twice but managed to limp 100 feet out the gate and behind the dugout...

...and this same sh*thead doesn't help him, tend to him...nothing. He gets inside an SUV next to where he is laying wounded, and hides in the backseat until it's all over.

That's an amazing find!!! Why was this omitted?! If Mika was shot running away wouldn't he be struck from the back instead of the front? Wasn't he shot in the chest a few times?

Why was Daniel Harder omitted from news accounts? Very fishy!!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Despite reports that he was shot in the chest, he was shot in the back:

Bergman: [Matt Mika] was right next to the vehicle, he was laying on his back. The paramedics on site were just literally taking his knife and cutting his T-shirt. I got a chance to see the exit wound on the front of his chest. I just kind of looked him in the eye, touched his knee for a couple of seconds, probably said something to him.

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

ALSO....

Harder's absence in the press until much later in the day IS fishy.

And, David Palsrok said he spoke with Mika's brother in law, who told him Matt was shot 4 or 5 times in the chest and arm.

It's looking like the story is, now, that he was shot in the back once, and then as he lay behind the dugout, the gunman fired a shot under one of the SUV's and hit him in the arm.

I'll get back to that story in a bit....

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

ALSO....

Harder's absence in the press until much later in the day IS fishy.

And, David Palsrok said he spoke with Mika's brother in law, who told him Matt was shot 4 or 5 times in the chest and arm.

It's looking like the story is, now, that he was shot in the back once, and then as he lay behind the dugout, the gunman fired a shot under one of the SUV's and hit him in the arm.

I'll get back to that story in a bit....

So who's lying? If Mika was running across the field, falling down and getting back up several times, why did no one see this?

Why did they omit this part from the updated news? Would Harder lie?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Why did they omit this part from the updated news? Would Harder lie?

Was Harder even there? That is my question.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

To recap, a person no one mentions as even being at the practice in their witness accounts, makes an appearance many, many hours later in the press to say he was there, he hid in the backseat of an SUV, and he knows Matt Mika was shot while on the field, and fell twice but managed to limp 100 feet out the gate and behind the dugout...

More on the SUVs and the sh*thead, Harder, that claims he hid in an SUV behind the dugout...

From Joe Barton:

Barton said he saw his youngest son, 10-year-old Jack, run toward him and then toward the gate, trying to get to a nearby SUV.

He ducked behind the side of the dugout and when he saw that Jack wasn’t able to get into the vehicle, he told him to get under it. The boy did.
Link

Jack Barton could have only been trying to get inside the same SUV Harder claims he hid in.

It could not have been the other SUV because Officer Crystal Griner was seen by several witnesses inside the other SUV, calling for help.

So Harder must have locked the doors to prevent anyone else from getting in, too, even a 10 year old boy looking for cover.

OR Harder is a liar and never got in that SUV, at all...

...possibly because he was not at that baseball practice.

No one mentions him. No one includes him in their witness statements. He's not on ABC News' list of people who were present. And he doesn't even show up in the press until 6.5 hours later (at the very earliest). And when he does, he is the only one to claim to witness where Mika was shot and how he got off the field.

I have serious doubts Harder was ever there.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Or maybe Harder acted like a coward instead of a hero and no one wants to print that?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Or maybe Harder acted like a coward instead of a hero and no one wants to print that?

Could be.

He's still absent from every witness account and from the list of those present. He still doesn't show up until many hours later, in the press.

And no press follows up on what Harder claims to have seen with Matt Mika.

My gut says he wasn't there and when Mika was reported as likely to recover...suddenly, Harder was there to say he witnessed Mika shot.

Just my gut though.

I have some other things to post in a bit though.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just want to leave this snapshot of the NYPost article archived at 9:53 p.m., at the waybackmachine, here. It shows Harder's story about Mika was added later than 9:53 p.m.

So, at least 14 hours after the shooting and the original article was published.

Link to archived snapshot

Honestly, the info was worthy of its own article, IMO, not just a buried update to an article that was 14 hours old.

And it's not clear who got the statements from Dan Harder in either article in which he was quoted. Also, curious, IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

By the way, this account from Bergman saying he saw an "exit wound on the front of his chest" came three days later, in Politico's 'oral history' article. Bergman was a Marine Lieutenant General, probably familiar with gunshot wounds, but it still seems fishy to me that he recognized it was an exit wound and specified that for Politico....unless he also witnessed Mika shot in the back.

Despite reports that he was shot in the chest, he was shot in the back:

Bergman: [Matt Mika] was right next to the vehicle, he was laying on his back. The paramedics on site were just literally taking his knife and cutting his T-shirt. I got a chance to see the exit wound on the front of his chest. I just kind of looked him in the eye, touched his knee for a couple of seconds, probably said something to him.

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Matt Mika has been released from the hospital:

www.cbsnews.com...

Already? He had multiple gunshots to his chest and arm. And was shot in the back, too!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
why go through all that hassle and do it out in the open with a high chance of failure when they could have just sent a hit man to mikas house while he slept?

Maybe because it doesn't fit under the "lone gunman targeting Republicans" story?. Take down shooter, end of story.

I was going to play devils advocate and say, well in the end they did in fact fail so their not very competent. But than I thought maybe they didn't fail, maybe a few bullets in the chest sends exactly the message they wanted to send. We should watch mika see if he makes any big changes regarding his job.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
We should watch mika see if he makes any big changes regarding his job.

I think this is a good thought.

I will be watching.

From the way the story has *turned* he may even find himself a job as a Congressman....or out of government, altogether.

It remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Matt Mika has been released from the hospital:

www.cbsnews.com...

Already? He had multiple gunshots to his chest and arm. And was shot in the back, too!

No effing way. Unless he was hit by buckshot or very small caliber bullets like .22 which is not the caliber used by the shooter supposedly which was 7.62x39. I don't know what caliber pistol he was carrying. This whole shooting is beginning to smell of a psy-op, too many oddities and anomalies make my conspiracy meter go off the charts.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ok, so here’s what we have (I am not going to repost some links I previously posted)…

At 7:09 a.m., June 14, the shooting breaks out in Eugene Simpson Stadium Park and lasts for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.

Sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., David Palsrok, a former Michigan state representative & colleague, states he spoke with Matt Mika’s brother-in-law who told him that Matt was shot 4 to 5 times in the chest and arm. Other news sources simply reported that Matt Mika was shot “multiple times” in the chest and arm.

At this time, there is no explanation for how/when/where Mika was shot, but the location he was seen down was reported by several witnesses as being behind the first base dugout and behind/next to a SUV…which also happened to be the safest place to run for cover. No witnesses claim to have witnessed Matt Mika being shot.

Somewhere between 1:30 p.m. to 6:30p.m. -- at least five hours after the shooting -- Daniel Harder (legislative director for Mike Bishop) is reported as having been at the practice, for the first time.

He is only quoted as saying he was present, during the shooting, and Matt Mika was shot in the chest.

Until this time, no witnesses ever mentioned Harder being there, and he does not appear on the list of present people published by any news source.

Sometime after 9:53 p.m., on June 14, there is an update to an article on the shooting (it was originally published at 8:06 a.m). In this update, Daniel Harder is quoted by the NYPost as having stated Matt Mika was shot on the field, and he fell, got up, fell again, and limped 100 ft. off the field to make his way behind the first base dugout adjacent to two black SUVS parked in that area.

Daniel Harder also claims he ran behind the first base dugout got in one of the two SUVs, and hid in the backseat until the shooting was over. Of relevance, also, is the fact that 10-year old Jack Barton attempted to get in that same vehicle, and couldn’t, so he got underneath it instead. Jack Barton eventually made his way into the first place dugout with his dad, Joe Barton.

Three days later, on June 17, a statement from Jack Bergman, in Politico Magazine, refers to Matt Mika’s chest wound as an ‘exit wound.’ (I didn't notice this when I wrote my OP.)

On June 20, Barry Loudermilk tells a story on Wallbuilders radio stating that he ran to the shed behind the first base dugout, and saw Matt Mika lying on the ground. He states that Mika had been shot in the back and had an exit wound on the front of his chest. He also says that at some point, while Mika was lying there, the shooter hit him in the arm with a bullet fired under “the SUV.”

And that’s the official story.

Matt Mika was NOT shot in the chest, after all, he was hit in the back. A chest exit wound was misidentified.

And he was shot in the arm at a separate period of time.

That’s what “shot multiple times in the chest and arm,” meant all along.

And the only thing left to do is chalk up the sourced report that he was shot “4 to 5 times” as an error and/or miscommunication.

Case closed, eh?

edit on 25-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh, and even Matt Mika's family mistook "being shot in the back" for being "shot in the chest."

Even AFTER he was communicating with them through notes.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Matt Mika's shooting made no sense. They fixed that and it was not subtle.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Oh, and even Matt Mika's family mistook "being shot in the back" for being "shot in the chest."

Even AFTER he was communicating with them through notes.

Okay, this is what I don't understand. How did his family say he was shot 4-5 times, then revise it to shot 2 times? And if he needed help breathing, along with additional surgeries, how did he get released from the hospital already?!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join