It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you wonder why minorities have issues with the right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Racial makeup and gender of the jury:

The jurors included seven men and five women, all from Ramsey County. Two jurors were black, and the remaining 10 jurors were white. The ages of the jurors ranged from an 18-year-old college student to someone in their 60's.

Profile of Jury That Found Former St. Anthony Officer Not Guilty

If this truly boiled down to a racial issue, then why did the two black jurors vote guilty? Don't get me wrong, I believe this was a wrongful death, but I am also not privy to all of the evidence as the jurors were. A civil action will be forthcoming and in those trials, the decision does not have to be unanimous nor is the evidence required to prove wrongful death beyond a reasonable doubt; rather it is based upon the preponderance of evidence. This cop will be ruined in the end one way or another.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: caf1550
How does this have anything to do with right or left, a jury of his peers found the officer not guilty. 12 men and women of all races, creeds, and religious backgrounds found him not guilty.

The jury was composed of eight men and four women, including one black man and one black woman.

Jurors deliberated 27 hours and heard two weeks of testimony about the July 6 traffic stop, in which Yanez pulled over a car driven by Castile, 32, with his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her 4-year-old daughter as passengers.

sorry for using CNN for this link

So in other words...

A jury that was a majority of white people found the white guy innocent?

You dont say

Do you understand how the jury system works?

Let's start with that one and go from there.

Actually I do...

I think you are referring to the process in which both the defense and prosecution eliminate jurors from a group to assemble the jury.

That doesnt change the anything. Especially the stock they had to choose from.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
How does this have anything to do with right or left, a jury of his peers found the officer not guilty. 12 men and women of all races, creeds, and religious backgrounds found him not guilty.

The jury was composed of eight men and four women, including one black man and one black woman.

Jurors deliberated 27 hours and heard two weeks of testimony about the July 6 traffic stop, in which Yanez pulled over a car driven by Castile, 32, with his girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her 4-year-old daughter as passengers.

sorry for using CNN for this link

So in other words...

You dont say

I'm at a loss for words. Almost every jury in America is predominately white, not out of racism but the sheer fact that there are far more white people living in the US then there are black people plan an simple.

The state's estimated racial composition in the 2015 American Census Bureau estimate was:[61] White American: 85.4% (Non-Hispanic Whites 81.0%, White Hispanic 4.4%) African American: 6.0% American Indian and Alaska Native: 1.1% Asian: 4.9% Pacific Islander: 0.1% Multiracial: 2.4%

The United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of Minnesota was 5,489,594 on July 1, 2015.

Out of 5 Million people, 85% or 4,666,154 people are white, 329,375 are black, the chances of having more white people on a jury then any other race are pretty high. So yes a jury of his peers found him not guilty.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: EternalShadow

And there are way too many non minorities who do the same sht, in different style that needs fixing..that ppl like you don't fixate on, take the meth, from your hood, stop with heroin and destructive criminal behaviors both great and small.. Remove that glean from thine own eyes first , before labeling others.

Sorry but I just wanted to point out that white people are not the only ones who do heroin, and meth, stereotype much? As another poster already pointed out and I don't fully agree with how the officer handled himself but he gave numerous orders to not reach for the weapon. I don't care if Castile thought he was doing the right thing or not, if a officer tells you to do something or not to do something you listen to what they say, you don't act on your own initiative.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
It's bull#, if the dude wanted to off the cop, he would have pulled it and lit him up. Not let him know he had a gun. I hope the coward cop gets anal cancer and elephantitus of the balls. If anyone other than a cop pulled that bull#, they would have been served up on the platter. Cops should be held to a tighter standard than the average joe, yet they are given more leeway. Caste system in action.

If the dude wanted to off the cop as you say, what better way then to do it when his guard is down by reaching for a weapon you just informed him about.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And this is why I have issues with the left continually race baiting and virtue signaling.
They are the true definition of the word "Racist" in the sense they are incapable of seeing past skin color. Good or bad the first thing a leftist does is establish your oppression level without even knowing your story.

Thanks OP for furthering proof of this...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So in other words...

You dont say

Officer Jeronimo Yanez... JERONIMO YANEZ.
Does that sound like a caucasian name to you? Does he look caucasian to you?

Stop this race baiting horsecrap.

edit on 23-6-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls
a reply to: EternalShadow

Let's see. "Savages."

I didn't invent that word and my point( in case you missed it ) is that its being used as a term to be proud of!

Bragging that every stereotype is true.

You're confusing concern with bragging...

Justified or not justified they get what they deserve are the words you chose.

You are spinning my words. Never said they deserve it, I said it's inevitable justified or not.

Your argument is a racist one and worse than that you are an apologist for unnecessary deaths

Really? That's what you took away from what I said??? You are merely trying to devalue my argument to steer this back into black and white, like your thinking by the way.

Black deaths are deserved that's what you wrote

I certainly did not!! I was making points about root causes to which you are unable to comprehend apparently.

The OP is as bad as the bigots in here. Not a care for the dead man or his family. Using the death to raise a stank in the pit. 💩

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Spider879

No they're not all thugs. My neighbor isn't. He's a fireman.

But you get to certain areas of town, and depending on which city you are in, you know which ones those are, and that element is very strong, even dominant among the citizens there and oppresses the other elements. And I'm not talking about simply "poor people" or even "poor minorities" because you can also find those neighborhoods that don't have the problem with that element.

You'd be a fool if you didn't acknowledge that truth.

I'd be interested to know which area this traffic stop was in.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's for sure. It's just too bad we don't have technology where police can easily immobilize a suspect instead of always reaching for their gun. I don't think tasers are practical when facing someone who may be reaching for a gun. I'm sure police are on edge when they have to engage someone in a high crime area, or have to deal with gang members.

It's unfortunate, but to be honest, I think police associate high crime rates in the black community as a reason to justify taking aggressive actions against black suspects. I know if I was black and had kids, I would tell them if they ever are pulled over by the police, to speak politely, and do exactly what the officer is telling you. They can always take their fight of discrimination to court.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: thetruth2017

Pretty sure the last president was black..

Pretty sure..

No , he was of mixed race . White and black.
We haven't had a black president yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

This nonsense again?? Instead of some carefully edited video, how about er examine the facts?

1. The guy looked like a ringer for the man in a surveillance video of a robbery, in which cigarettes were stolen.

2. The full video from the GF shows the gun IN HIS LAP. Right there, with a cop standing there.

3. He reached, when told not to. Her repeated claims that he was told to reach are just that; claims. She even admitted that he was reaching when shot.

4. There are photos of the couple, showing her with the same brand of cigarettes stolen, shortly after the robbery.

5. The GF was repeating lines that sounded quite scripted, and faking hysteria, while mostly ignoring her child in the backseat. After he was shot, she didn't even turn to check on her daughter, or ask the cop to be sure she was alright.

6. A permit doesn't give the right to reach for a weapon, in your lap, when a cop is at the car. ANYONE, of any color, doing that, would likely be shot.

Give it a rest, already.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, I'm a minority, actually a double minority and have no problem with the right.

The only problem I have is with is a bunch of left wing red commie bastards who trying to destroy my country.

Buck

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

This nonsense again?? Instead of some carefully edited video, how about er examine the facts?

1. The guy looked like a ringer for the man in a surveillance video of a robbery, in which cigarettes were stolen.

2. The full video from the GF shows the gun IN HIS LAP. Right there, with a cop standing there.

3. He reached, when told not to. Her repeated claims that he was told to reach are just that; claims. She even admitted that he was reaching when shot.

4. There are photos of the couple, showing her with the same brand of cigarettes stolen, shortly after the robbery.

5. The GF was repeating lines that sounded quite scripted, and faking hysteria, while mostly ignoring her child in the backseat. After he was shot, she didn't even turn to check on her daughter, or ask the cop to be sure she was alright.

6. A permit doesn't give the right to reach for a weapon, in your lap, when a cop is at the car. ANYONE, of any color, doing that, would likely be shot.

Give it a rest, already.

This is the supposed solid proof that he had a gun in his lap..LOL

Gee the only one's saying he had a gun in his lap is from (surprise) right wing sites. There are no conclusive pictures showing this, just what someone is interpreting as a gun. Also these right wing sites are saying "Philando Castile" was wanted for armed robbery and are even suggesting he and his girlfriend are guilty of this robbery, although no charges have ever been laid.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)

First of all – Castile did not have a permit to carry according to local police.

Wrong
Proof that Philando Castile had a permit to carry from Hennepin County

The family of Philando Castile has shared a copy of his permit to carry letter with Fox 9. The permit was issued by Hennepin County on June 4, 2015.

ANOTHER Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order, Was Wanted for Robbery (VIDEO)

Castile was wanted for armed robbery.

Wrong again.

An article published shortly after Philando Castile was killed by police officers in Minnesota falsely reported that he was a suspect in an armed robbery case.

WHAT'S TRUE

Police who pulled over and killed Philando Castile reported they thought he might have resembled a suspect in an armed robbery case.

WHAT'S FALSE

Philando Castile was not "wanted" on an armed robbery charge or a "suspect" in such a case at the time he was killed.

Your sources seem to always find a way to justify shooting black people. So yeah, I stand by my original OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thetruth2017
This is the supposed solid proof that he had a gun in his lap..LOL

Gee the only one's saying he had a gun in his lap is from (surprise) right wing sites. There are no conclusive pictures showing this, just what someone is interpreting as a gun. Also these right wing sites are saying "Philando Castile" was wanted for armed robbery and are even suggesting he and his girlfriend are guilty of this robbery, although no charges have ever been laid.

I am not a "right wing site", and I say that's a gun. It's clearly a gun. He was clearly, even admitted by the GF, reaching. He was told not to. He did, in fact, have a gun. That isn't disputed. No charges filed because, gee, he was shot?

WHAT'S TRUE

Police who pulled over and killed Philando Castile reported they thought he might have resembled a suspect in an armed robbery case.

WHAT'S FALSE

Philando Castile was not "wanted" on an armed robbery charge or a "suspect" in such a case at the time he was killed.

Your sources seem to always find a way to justify shooting black people. So yeah, I stand by my original OP.

What's true is he was pulled over because he looked exactly like an armed robbery suspect meaning he as, in fact, a suspect. Being a suspect means being suspected of a crime. The cop suspected he was one of the robbers, because, again, he's a dead ringer for the guy in the video! This isn't about his skin color, but about his own actions, and that's the real truth. Pretending it's about race is not accepting the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join