It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcyclist Detained for Driving at Protesters on SF Street

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Is it really this hard for some people to realize that it's violent to drive through protesters? Protest is protected free speech until declared an unlawful assembly, there's no protection or right for driving through a protest.

Did you even listen to the chants? That's not free speech, it's a rabble of miscreants being a public nuisance.

And I can guarantee if I were on my way somewhere, and there were a bunch of idiots blocking my way, being TOLD what to say in response to a generic chant (because they don't all have a clue, and need to know how to reply) then I'd too be forcing my way through. Idiots don't get to break the law just because they're butthurt.

Protesting is one thing. Blockades are another. I grew up where my old dad was not in a union, and tried to work when they went on strike. We didn't have squat, so he had to work. And was spat on and had his truck blocked by assholes who thought stopping him from doing his job was their right.

F them. And most of them have zero interest in the noises they are making either, they're just there for the feels that makes them specials.. idiots who have no idea what the world is like. "hey hey, ho ho, SJW just have to go, hey hey, ho ho".. come on, sing with me... it's catchy.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Kali74

It is indeed reckless and dangerous.

So is climbing into a lions den at a zoo.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I did too, reading it

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Alright class, find your seats and listen up. We're gonna learn lots of new stuff today.

Lesson #1 is about all the reasons why it's a d*ck move to lie in the street in broad daylight in a major metropolitan area because we are to immature and/or stupid to not act out when our feelings are hurt.

Lesson #2 is that it's also a d*ck move to rev an internal combustion engine really loudly when maneuvering through a crowd of idiots at a really slow speed, but that it CAN be hilarious later when you discover how many of the idiots who don't understand lesson #1 actually crapped themselves.

But Lesson #3 is the most important lesson of the day, and I just CANNOT over-emphasize the importance of this lesson so sit down, shut up, and listen...

You never, ever, EVER do a double-tap back through said crowd of idiots. You should always exit the idiot-infested area at the absolute MAXIMUM possible speed.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh, another thing. Isn't it a bit disingenuous for a left-leaning, "PC" culture worshiping bunch of liberals to lie in the streets to stage something idiotic enough to be called a "Die-In"?

My above post was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but people actually DO die, and sometimes it's in the streets. And it's neither humorous, OR to be taken lightly.

It just struck me as a bit hypocritical for the "PC" crowd, although I could be off the mark, as I really don't understand most thing about such a warped mentality or state of mind.

Maybe we should make up a new word for it, such as "Warptitude" or something similar.

Maybe while we're at it it, and I realize it's off-topic, but we could also put a moratorium on using the term "trigger" except when referring to the release mechanism for the firing-pin on a firearm. I am to the point of performing a mental eye-roll every time I see it.

Oh no. it couldn't be....

I think I may be....... dare I say..... triggered

Sigh... Well, never mind then, I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

People used to protest in ways that inconvenienced the actual targets of their ire. Now, they seem to pick stuff that makes life harder for their fellow citizens. No wonder some people lose their cool.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What a guy! nice job, buddy!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The guys a fking idiot to ride( it's not driving ATS users ) through a bunch of idiots lying on the road

IF he hit them could easily crash and then take a serious beating from the people around him

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In other words, it's okay to be violent if you dislike the target.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Sadly at 8:15 pm last night while talking to ky girlfriend i was walking down my residential street yo the cornerstore and witnessed a woman in her mid twenties get run over as she was leaving a zumba class. She was hit by a car that passed a motorist who had already stopped for her. She was bounced three times in between the two cars. The motorist who initialy hit her fled the scene in a hit and run. I can still hear the sound as the car hit her those three times although i was 200 feet away. Many patrons of the local restaurants came out to help her. By the time the fire dept police and parametics arrived 10 minutes later she was conscious but paralyzed from the waist down. Sad she was in the prime of her life healthy and fit no more than 25 years old. And in an instant she is now a paraplegic.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Is it really this hard for some people to realize that it's violent to drive through protesters? Protest is protected free speech until declared an unlawful assembly, there's no protection or right for driving through a protest.

Really don't think people should be laying in the street. Saying that I also don't think he should be driving through them. There are better ways of protesting than laying in the street. Street is for driving on not laying in. That is what I was taught when I was a kid.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had to chime in because I can't believe this thread is 7 pages deep, lol...

The rider in that video had COMPLETE CONTROL of his bike. How this even ruffles any harmless fluffy angel feathers, is hilarious.

The dude slows down to a near complete stop and all but idles his way through the fill in the blank.

If this was ANYWHERE but SF, he might have still been arrested (NY probably), but the judge would laugh, applaud his righteous frustration and slap him on the wrist, if not let him go all together.

And to the nay sayers... winter's over, you're melting.
edit on 23-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
He clearly drove around the protesters, not at them.

He belongs on the street, not these pathetics morons.

The protesters broke the law, not the cyclist.

Note, too, that video claims he drove through them "again", but the video does not show that happening. Nor does this one, without the commentary, that I located -

Once through, slowly and carefully, as if he didn't expect to see people lying down in the road, and was trying to not hit them. Even revved the engine to warn people he was there!

Legal protest doesn't involve blocking a street, then complaining when hit. These clowns weren't even hit. Notice, too, no statement from him in the news video. But, hey, I am sure none of the anti-Trump types wold lie or anything!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This reminding me of the play in Central Park.

When that woman went on stage, she went from protest to infringement.

And she was rightly arrested.

The people doing the die-in also were infringing on the rights of anyone using the road.

Yet the people using the road is the bad guy here.

But nah, there's no bias here. . . . pfft.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Is it really that hard to understand that legal protest does NOT involve lying down in the street?

The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment.

source

THEY broke the law. He drove on a street, as is his right. Had he wanted anyone harmed, it would have been very easy to make that happen. That it didn't is proof this is a lot of complaining about nothing.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

It's not lawful, it's civil disobedience. Regardless vigilantism is against the law, if people lay down in the street no one has legal authority to convict them and punish them on the spot. Call the cops.

Who was convicted and punished?? Oh, that's right, NO ONE!!

Good grief, your agenda is showing. Tired of threads about the attempted assassination of members of Congress, or celebrities calling for violence?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But nah, there's no bias here. . . . pfft.

don't you mean. . . .'thbbft!'

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

hilarious..

plowed through???
i think not

he was going a couple mph, popped it in neutral and revved it up to scare them
bfd

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
I'm not saying what he did was right or anything. But it's not like he did anything illegal he was riding on the road, if anything the protesters are the ones doing the illegal stuff you know by laying in the middle of a road.

Sorry that protest hurts your feelings. Sometimes it's just matter of scale...but the thought remains.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well to those idiots credit, it was only a 1 way street.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join