It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump justifies his wall because

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What kind of wall would it be? Considering it will now be a "beautiful solar wall".

If the money is worth it for the small amount that it will do, then I will not be against it, however, it will be an eyesore and the amount of money and time to build it may just be a waste if the next administration just wants to nix it.

Its a huge beautiful gamble for not that great of results in the long run. I would like to see our money better spent on programs to quickly and kindly fascilitate these illegals into migration (and not depend on churches) or to help Mexico become better equipped to handle fleeers (?) and get to the bottom of why they want to just ditch Mexico and come to the US. I dont know...I just see such a better use of our money than a dang useless wall.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Mexico is the second deadliest country in the world after Syria.

I don't doubt it. I know a few people from the southern Texas border. I know them because they drove trucks when I did. They drove trucks because it's too dangerous for them to go home.

That's ridiculous.

Yes, it is.

I don't want a wall. It's too sour on the eyes.

You've seen the plans already? I wasn't aware the plans had been finalized yet.

No one even knows what the wall will look like yet. So how can you complain about how it looks? Most of that southern border isn't exactly world-class scenery in the first place. It's scrub brush, dry ground, and a lot of cacti.

I don't want a wall. It disturbs nature.

Probably, but then again there's just not a lot of nature happening around most of it.

I don't want a wall. It's ancient technology.

What, you want Star Trek force fields?

Walls may be ancient technology, but so are wheels. Some things just work.

I don't want a wall. It's too imposing.

You have walls in your house, don't you? Aren't they imposing too?

I don't want a wall. It's too segregating.

That's the whole point.

You forgot the claim that it won't work... someone else brought that up for you though. To that, I say it will indeed work simply by forcing illegal immigrants to use planes or boats. Tunnels are not an issue, as ground-penetrating radar is pretty inexpensive now and would detect a tunnel before anyone could finish digging it... and since the wall is now going to be solar-powered, that radar, along with a data network to report any digging to authorities, is energy neutral. We have a Coast Guard to watch for boats, and the realistic area of water for circumventing the wall is a small fraction of the area the wall will close off. Planes are much more expensive, and require landing strips... plus they can be picked up by conventional radar.

In short, none of the 'won't work' arguments hold an ounce of water. Only those completely ignorant of technology would even advance them.

TheRedneck

<< 1   >>

join