It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun mystery on ADS-B Exchange

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Some Nellis range tankers

ORCA26

GUCCI24

edit on 11-1-2018 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Looks like training at Travis due to low altitude.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I can't check right now, but can someone take a look over Desert Center, California, just north of I-10. Has to be military. Two aircraft, not quite in trail. They were originally heading east before turning back west, still in formation with each other.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I can't check right now, but can someone take a look over Desert Center, California, just north of I-10. Has to be military. Two aircraft, not quite in trail. They were originally heading east before turning back west, still in formation with each other.

Probably not what you want.
168067 AE2F99
About 21:18PST

edit on 24-1-2018 by gariac because: Fixed time

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
homeland security panties in a bunch

Same old rant about ADSB and military tracking.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I suspect Raider 32 has a wingman. They normally only fly with one broadcasting when they're in a cell. They might be meeting someone that needs gas. That's the right altitude for a helo refueling, and the right timing. There were two other aircraft in the area around them too.

edit on 1/24/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I suspect Raider 32 has a wingman. They normally only fly with one broadcasting when they're in a cell. They might be meeting someone that needs gas. That's the right altitude for a helo refueling, and the right timing. There were two other aircraft in the area around them too.

I think for the most part, only the heavies have ADSB. At least universally. The rest of the planes, fighters, choppers, etc. seem to be hit and miss. I think it matters if the planes have been out of the country. Less likely for choppers of course.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Going by spacing and speed the second aircraft was another KC-130. He stayed a couple miles back and slightly to the side even after they turned back west.

It's odd what you catch. I see a lot of T-38s over the US, along with early trainer aircraft, and many fighters in Europe. Over the US only an occasional A-10, and sometimes helicopters.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Putting ADSB in trainers makes sense. There is a company that can deliver TSPI from ADSB. Plus there is no concern regarding security for trainers. It would be a bit of a research project, but maybe "operational test" OT aircraft also get ADSB since they are not likely to be deployed.

The military most likely hates ADSB and are installing gear kicking and screaming. When I see f-22 or f-35 with ADSB, then I will believe the DoD is serious about the 2020 deadline.

I never got around to posting it, but I came across a USAF press briefing where a f-22 was used somewhere in Iraq IIRC. Now a reporter questioned that a F-22 seemed a bit overkill. The response is the plane was used because it could deliver a small diameter bomb. Not exactly worth a follow up, but it seemed a bit odd.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It was a test. It was an Increment 3.2 aircraft, and it took it six drug sites in Iraq.

As for the fighters, 99% of the time they're either on a cross country, with tanker, so they won't have to broadcast, or MARSA in a training area. So they'll use that as an excuse for why they are hardly ever broadcasting.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

An odd place to hunt submarines.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Must be hunting for them in those secret underground tunnels.. M

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

Must be hunting for them in those secret underground tunnels.. M

It looks a bit too north, but this could be related to the GOP retreat at the Motel 6, er I mean the posh Greenbriar resort.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i remember about 16-17 years ago when i was visiting family in the Adirondacks we were swimming and i was whipping a boat around and all of a sudden 2 A-10's so low to the water they kicked water up, they must have seen us on the boat waving and on their second pass RIGHT over us i swear i could have touched one

they went elsewhere after that

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

We had a cabin at Bellows one year right before RIMPAC. Bellows is split in two, with half being open for civilian use on weekends, and closed for the military to use during the week. They come ashore in amphibians and helicopters, etc.

We were sitting on the beach when two A-10s on a familiarization flight came by. They were low and slow, and close enough you could see the pilot looking at the beach. We started laughing, because someone said they were probably looking for the nude beach.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Raven rock and camp David are right to the east of that orbit...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Don't know what is flying, but all kinds of interesting contrails over the a Barstow area. Looks like Edwards is busy today.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Don't know what is flying, but all kinds of interesting contrails over the a Barstow area. Looks like Edwards is busy today.

I parked just north of 58 on the edge of California City one morning and heard three IFE in two hours. You have to wonder what qualifies as a slow day.

They keep shutting down the rest stop on 58. When it is open, that is a nice place to spot planes at the end of their orbits.

I have been to the back side of Edwards in years. I takes forever to get there.

www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I run fairly regularly through there, up to Kettleman City. I've only caught the rest areas closed once or twice. I use them a lot, and have caught some interesting things going in and out of the base. Got both the 787-10 and 737-9 when they were testing at Edwards, as well as an F-35 with a single AIM-9 on the wing, with F-16 and C-12 chase heading out behind it.

Between Barstow and Essex was busier than I've seen in a long time. I caught two tankers with receivers, one near Edwards doing a join up, one near Amboy doing a breakaway, three P-8As flying together, in about 15 mile trail on parallel tracks, and two Texan IIs running low level together, along with several fighter sized aircraft.
edit on 2/2/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There's a P-1 and a P-8 near Japan.
edit on 2/3/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join