It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun mystery on ADS-B Exchange

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hoping someone can help me with this one. Last night at 21:45 I was outside having a smoke and 5 white dots quite high up as I couldn't hear them fly over went past all in a line. They were flying east to west which stuck put as normal traffic in my area flies north or south. There was a Thomas Cook flight going over at 34,000 feet but that was heading north. I managed to get enough signal to check flight aware and these flights didn't show up. They were flying between Carnforth and Bolton Le Sands in the north West of England. Anywhere we I can try and figure out what they were? They definitely weren't stars and I doubt they were satellites really as I've never seen a chain of them like that.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Woody510 because: That damn autocorrect

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Usually on New Year's Eve it's required missions only, at least for the US. Being night, it was probably some of the tankers ghat are hiding out at Prestwick, meeting up with either a C-5, or a couple bombers. .

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers Zaph I figured you'd probably know what they were.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm betting three to offload, one flying spare, and a C-5M receiver. Depending on the destination he probably met at least one more tanker off the East Coast.

Fighters don't do much night flying, and rarely in odd numbers. I think both Mildenhall and Lakenheath are closed until the 3rd too.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There could've been more I only saw these through the break in clouds I thought they were stars at first and it was just the moving clouds that made it seem they were. But I leant against the wall and kept focused on them and they were definitely moving. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year and thanks again for answering questions.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Probably not. We used to get one, maybe two inbounds around Christmas and New Year's. If they don't have to move, they don't around the holidays. I wonder if they were bringing something home from the ME.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That would make sense with what you're saying if a lot of bases are fully open I guess there's less people around to see things.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That's why I think it was a C-5 hauling something. A bomber, if it's got any distance to go will easily take 1 1/2-2 tankers to top off, if they're from any distance from where the tankers came from. So either it was two aircraft out of the UK getting topped off, with a spare tanker, or it was a C-5 that topped off after takeoff out of the ME. They can easily take two -135s worth of fuel, with the third doing a partial offload to top it off, or two spares to make sure they get their fuel.
edit on 1/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Does the adsb website archive the days at all if they even appeared on there I did try but just didn't have a good enough connection to get on.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever tried.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'll fire the laptop up when I get home and have a gander will report something if I find it

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Two -135s arrived at Prestwick on the 27th, and six arrived today. You might have seen them before they went in to Prestwick.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

Does the adsb website archive the days at all if they even appeared on there I did try but just didn't have a good enough connection to get on.

You an get a JSON feed. That means you need to process the data yourself in something like sqlite3.

www.adsbexchange.com...

SQL is supposed to be so simple that you don't need to be a programmer.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Is there any particular reason why Prestwick is used quite frequently for military aircraft, I've seen pics of all sorts of military aircraft using the airport. With several RAF bases in Scotland and northern England I would of thought they would use them. Is it because Prestwick is the first airport/airbase that aircraft come to coming from the Atlantic

I'm gonna have to get my back side up there one day ... long ass drive though

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Convenience. It stays open, it's got a long runway, lots of fuel, and it's right at either the end, or the beginning of the crossing.
edit on 1/2/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For anyone who is interested, about to go to sleep thought I'd check out ADS-B. Spotted a Janet flight coming from what I presume groom into vegas and currently tracking and F-35 south Alabama, took off from an area in Florida just south of Alabama

Edit: it literally disappeared as soon as I went back to looking at it after posting my reply
edit on 9-1-2018 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

They tend to do that. Fightersrarely show up, and when they do it's not for long.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The Janets now have ADSB. Remember ADSB exchange doesn't pay for the FAA feed, so what you see if the real thing. They also don't filter anything, which is why we like them so much. Unfortunately the feeds from Vegas can't "see" into Groom Lake very well, so you won't see a landing. I know the Janets kept their mode-s on as they landed, though with a different squawk from McCarran. I assume the ADSB isn't switched off. Groom squawks are of the form 033x, like 0330, 0331, etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
JANET

JOSH16

A-10 IN Arizona

Perhaps a drone over the General Atomic El Mirage facility.

edit on 9-1-2018 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I haven't been able to figure out why I haven't been seeing any Janet aircraft for quite a while, I had a filter for operator code WWW, so I took the filter off. Now I see the Janet aircraft are using operator code JANET.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join