It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun mystery on ADS-B Exchange

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Proteus is doing laps over China Lake

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What is the highest speed (without glitches) you have observed on ADS ?

Mine this far a Dutch F16 going a steady 590,5 kts

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Honestly, I don't really pay attention to the speed.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, I do. Still waiting for a plane above the sound barrier : ) In our country the air force is not allowed to break the sound barrier here above land unless there is an interception.

But i usually glance over the speeds, never seen anything above 600 jet.

edit on 9-10-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You won't see it often. A lot of fighters don't broadcast outside of Europe. I usually see T-38s and A-10s over the US, and only rarely supersonic fighters.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I haven't heard a sonic boom for years, last time I heard one when I was is the south west of England when Concord was flying. From what I remember it use to go super sonic after leaving UK air space and this time I heard it I think it when Mach 1 a little too early .. shook everything in our motor home.

God how I'd love to track Concord on flight radar or ADS-B would be fun to watch it zooming over the Atlantic

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Japan self defense has a P-1 up

Calfire has a ton of stuff up battling the Nor Cal fires
edit on 10/9/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I had to laugh. When the fires were burning other areas, they wouldn't allow them to use the 747. Now that it's burning up around wine country, it's up there busting butt fighting them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I had to laugh. When the fires were burning other areas, they wouldn't allow them to use the 747. Now that it's burning up around wine country, it's up there busting butt fighting them.

Dude you have to protect the wine.............

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You mean the vinegar with color?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You mean the vinegar with color?

We do much much better than that ......

The 747 Supertaker is presently inbound from Sacramento and the DC-10 tanker is is up as well. thats alot of aluminum
edit on 10/10/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Meant to post last week, while up in Norfolk (UK....not Virginia!) I was checking local military air traffic to see what was about and noticed 2 new-to-me types coming down from the North and about to exit over the Lincolnshire coast.
A pair of A-29 Super Tucano's, listed as USAF and cruising at FL230. I kept checking every so often and when I finally had to sign off and do more mundane things, they were almost over Munich, so not sure where they were going.
Guessing they were on a long delivery / positioning flight and carrying external fuel loads.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Maybe over the Nevada desert or off Cape Canaveral, Fl you can catch one super sonic.

Off Cape Canaveral NASA recently got cleared to do super sonic testing. I have heard some sonic booms when I was sailing through a few months and got a visual on the plane as it approached the shuttle landing facility in Merritt Island. I was too far away to get a good visual or snap a decent picture of the plane.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Afghanistan. They're training pilots and ground crews in Georgia. They're still delivering them, and as of March had received half of the original order of 20.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thanks!
Was hoping they might descend for a fuel stop at Mildenhall or Lakenheath but guessing they probably did that at Prestwick. Do see some interesting stuff on radar sometimes. 😀

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

With them not having an IFR capability (wouldn't THAT be fun to watch), they probably went up through Greenland, and dropped down, stopping at either Shanon or Prestwick. They wouldn't have the fuel to go a lot farther depending on winds at the time.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
JASDF 747-400 just getting back to Japan.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Boeing has one of their Bombadier's up. The irony is funny

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

JASDF 747-400 just getting back to Japan.

Looks like 2 of them

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yeah, Boeing and Irony are good friends.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join