It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They should repeal Obamacare. Here's why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Obamacare raised tax on hundreds of millions of middle class Americans to provide healthcare to 24 million poorest Americans. Everything has pros and cons. Obama pro is 24 million people. Obama con is hundreds of millions of people. Cost benefit analysis. It's no brainer to see Obamacare is not worth it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Cost of health Care for people with jobs easily doubled since mandatory insurance came around.

That's because issuance is a bet, and now the government has made it mandatory to gamble... Only the house can win

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

On a related note, the gaming industry makes use of the insurance industry's actuarial math. Indeed, the house always wins.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Half of those 24 million had health insurance already. ObamaCare forced them to cancel it and buy the expensive junk they have now.

BTW...4 million have cancelled already this year. Too expensive, or they were cancelled by the Government because they didn't estimate their 2017 income correctly. ObamaCare = 21,000 pages that screw America.
edit on 6/22/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Obamacare took away my 40 hours a week.

I never signed up for health care. I am one of the few thousand americans who refused to "purchase" health insurance si ply because not having health insurance is "illegal."

I would have supported healthcare for all if it did not mean it became a legal "mandate" in america.

I like the idea of single payer healthcare, but not in its current state of affairs it is going through.

It should have been a means to assist americans only in a time of need, not a reoccuring debt on everyone.

As in only when you absolutely need to see a doctor for real illnesses. Not an illness you can just tough through for a week.

But instead the idiots hired on to create this healthcare bill decided that enough americans had "screwed" them financially for far too long, and decided to create a bill that pretty much entraps absolutely everyone.

Then to top it off the only people who could exempt themselves from this bill were the people who could read theough the entire thing and pass a vote on it.

Bernies version, where the assistance to help pay for this meant gicing the poor an option to borrow from the post office, and do their banking from the post office was a considerable offer. But no. As if working three part time jobs isn't enough already... i work 65 hours a week and take a gigantic pay cut, making it harder for americans to get a job, and still can not even afford rent anymore since every single mother #ing apartment complex keeps raising rent prices every 6 months.

It also urks me that the pharmaceutical companies are passing legislation to raise their pill prices.

I find it downright stupid to force people to see a doctor just to get a hold of a pill containing penicillin. You shouldn't have to see a doctor if you already know what you need. But of course the major problem in america is the fear.... fear is what is driving this country mad. And it is also what is causing it to collapse.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
July 23, 2017

Here's one of the biggest reasons for Repealing ObamaCare.

Eight years ago today, President Obama held a lengthy press-conference, stating that the ACA would be a god-send for America, and the press eagerly went along with everything he said.

donsurber.blogspot.com...

Eight years later, and we find out that 90% of everything he said, was a lie...intentional or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Its like road building/repair work, brides and infrastructure in most cases.......made with crap material to insure the need for more money, more kick backs more money dumped into crap repair projects as the years go by.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Almost zero of these people in politics understand much at all about the relationship with insurance firms, the health care industry and the "consumer". Thats really why the Republicans never had a bill ready, talk points of bill change instead of the whole life sucking mess OB is with all of its hidden and unrelated crap (a 2000 page read it later monstrosity and insurance industry product) ect. They the republicans don't even understand what it had done economically to the folks who voted them into office to get rid of the thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I couldn`t agree more re the "knowing what you need". We should not have to see a doctor for common medications that should NOT be by prescription only.

My husband`s doctor said that if I could write prescriptions , we`d never need to see him. I always know what the diagnosis is and what meds are necessary before we go to see the doctor, and he knows it. Stupid to have to pay $175 for an office visit to get a prescription for $10 worth of meds.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some conjecture on my part, sorry.

As percentage of GDP, government budget is growing since its inception. It does seem to me, since 70% at least is dedicated to some form of welfare or aid, our reliance on it for sustenance is increasing. Could this be tied to automation and our failure to keep pace with it? I speculate the value of a human being is falling and welfare programs counter it. Something similar happens when a formerly fishing or logging community is uprooted for lack of logging or fishing and the federal government sends financial assistance.

It is coincidental the rise of private health insurance paralleled the rise in public health insurance? So as people became more concerned over health care costs, government provided programs started to increase, possibly to fill a void. This void couldn't be filled via the market?

So what does your tribe do if you need protection from the elements but offer little else to them, since your value is so low? Initially they may take you in and give you food. But if your value stays low long enough, your tribe may remove your freedoms and make you servant, or kill you or evict you from the tribe. Is that the fate of humans if value falls too far?

Again I'm sorry for that. It stems from a concern I had that automation, being something we've dealt with for a long time, not just recently, might have had longterm negative affects. I've been looking for them. It probably didn't start with machines, a contemporary example, but with things as simple as tools making a prior job easier. We've always seemed to recover from this. it's assumed we'll continue to progress and improve. But what if we've fallen below the mark in subtle ways, for centuries or longer? I know it's a large stretch to suggest growth in welfare government might be a subtle negative affect of automation. I don't pretend anything I say here has merit.
edit on 7/23/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
July 24, 2017

GOOD NEWS for Republicans!

""Senate Republicans appear on the verge of having enough votes to start debate on Obamacare repeal, with the dramatic announcement Monday night that Sen. John McCain, diagnosed with brain cancer just a few days ago, would return to Washington for the Tuesday vote.

The whip count is still in question with several GOP senators publicly undecided, but Republicans feel a surge of momentum heading into the high-profile vote after a furious pressure campaign by President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday.""

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The SKINNY Repeal being crafted tonight would be like punching holes in the Hoover Dam. Since the ACA-ObamaCare's structure is already super fatigued, Skinny Repeal would cause it to collapse.

healthaffairs.org...

If there is no safety-net ready, many thousands of people will drown (die) starting 1.1.2018.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
August 11, 2017

Since REPEAL and REPEAL-REPLACE failed in the Senate, thanks to two turncoat Republican Senators, the U.S. House "Freedom Caucus" is gathering signatures for voting on a straight Repeal of ObamaCare, in September.

Full Story: www.cbsnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join