It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissolve the state of Illinois

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well if the state totally fails, meaning pensions, 401K everything , then what is going to happen is the Fed will bail them out. In turn that is going to devalue your dollar more.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You don't get it. The common folk there are as good as anywhere. It is the politicians, virtually all democrats, that have run the state into bankruptcy. Obama would have let the last one out early if he didn't know it would reflect badly on him. Maybe he didn't know the former governor was in jail trying to sell Obama's Illinois house representative seat.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just make it its own country and let Obama rule over it as King or President for life or something.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
And there's more of them......

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Don't worry about Chicago. Or maybe you should. Something real bad is about to happen there. Some type of incident that will lead to loss of life. There have been many recent sightings over Chicago of a supernatural being people are calling mothman. Its a bad omen just like in the past

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The state of Illinois is just fine. Its Chicago that is killing it. I have been saying for years that Chicago should be its own state and not part of Illinois. Without Chicago, the state of Illinois would be perfectly fine in no time at all. And without the rest of the state to leach off of Chicago would die the death it deserves much faster and that would be better for everyone involved.

My taxes are going up nearly ten percent as we speak to help cover the budget problems in Chicago. The thing is, I don't live in Chicago. Chicago is not my problem. But since I am nearby I am subject to excessive taxes simply due to my proximity to the utter failure that is Chicago.

What is really sickening in all of this, after all these years, decades, is that the minorities, who in most parts of Chicago are not the minority, will continue to vote for the same a$$holes who did this to us because they are minorities too. It is absolutely disgusting how many Chicago politicians are under investigation or being tried for some crime. It never ends.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It actually makes more sense to dissolve Mississippi or Arkansas, or West Virginia.

Seeing as how they are by FAR the poorest states in the country.

Its funny how the majority of the top 25 states out of 50 that are the most well off are Liberal states isnt it?

Kinda makes you all want to rethink your conservative values huh?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Come talk to us about that again when Illinois goes into bankruptcy.

"Oh we're sooooo well off ..."

And you're also bankrupt. Don't ask us to bail you out. We may be beneath contempt because we don't have much, but we aren't bankrupt yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Why? Are those states not paying their bills?
Your "well off" liberal states are up to their ears in debt.

Kinda makes you wanna rethink democrat economics....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Opportunities are on the way!! Obama will save the day! His Foundation is seeking money....guess what for.

This article is four months old. Wonder if anything has been started yet.

Obama returned to Chicago last week for the first time since he left office to hold meetings with community leaders and others involved in the Obama Foundation.
A military C-5 aircraft arrived in Chicago Thursday morning, bringing with it a shipment of Obama’s belongings for the library.
Valerie Jarrett told the Chicago Sun-Times the president is eager to hear suggestions from community members to bring opportunities to the area.
Military Aircraft Delivers Obama Belongings to Chicago
Representatives of the former president and first lady said this month an agency was hired to assist the couple with speaking gigs, as well as lawyers to handle their book deals.

www.nbcchicago.com...
edit on 22-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Wall it off, burn it down. Like white blood cells taking on a cancer!

It would make history, for sure.
The TV would make it look bad, of course... But the recovery after would speak for itself

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Lmao!!! It will never work. The reporter thinks Wisconsin should take the Chicago Bears!! I expect the writer will get a lot of hate mail..... from Green Bay. XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join