It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a bad design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm talking about the human body.
Whether you're an athlete or a couch potato, your body is like an F1 car. Finely tuned and the least little thing can make it all go wrong. Seriously, even if you are a couch potato, you still need a balanced system. The right things in the right amounts, or everything gets out of whack. And when it gets far out, bad, bad things happen.
Not enough iron? Anemic. Too much is even worse and there is no end to the list of hormones, glucose, vitamins, dopamine, etc...that your body needs and the bad things that happen if it doesn't get them or make them.
Or makes too much of them.

Let's look at pain and shock.
This has gotta be the worst warning system I've ever seen. Even with your body being flooded with endorphins, pain can still basically cripple us.
Your body : "Hey!! Your ankle is broken and we're going to dial up the pain and shock level so much, you can't run away from that lion that's about to eat you".
You :" Well, sh**". "I hope Joe remembers to delete my browser history and burn those pictures from DB" "Gertrude just wouldn't understand"
Just the shock of breaking bones can incapacitate you. I've seen people break an arm, [ we're talking just a very simple fracture ] turn white as a sheet, puke, fall on their ass and keel over.
If their life was on the line...well..let's hope Joe remembers.

I think we should have came with a limited warning system. "Okay..Your ankle is broken, but you can control the pain level till you get away from the lion. You'll do a bit more damage, but you'll live"

We can't regrow limbs. Terrible design. And grafting a new one from another body is iffy at best. Everything has to be juuuust right, or your body says "Nope, not havin it". And, even if your body doesn't reject it outright, you're still on anti rejection drugs for life. I can take any part from another 96 Ram and put it on mine and tool on down the road, but not us. We gotta be all special.
edit on 22-6-2017 by DAVID64 because: just because

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You sick bro? Quit smoking and you'll feel so much better!!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Huh? I'm fine. Just bored and got to thinking what a terrible design the human body is.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Coulda been worse . Take a look at the platypus now thats a messed up design .

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
LOL funny well the guys wrong ( maybe he has never had a bad injury ?
I lost a finger Crushed middle finger right hand did not feal a thing .
went to the hospital didnt feal a thing next day i felt it lol .
thing is shock does amazing things with a bad injury .
No pain at all so running from a loin with a bust ankle yep .
Many people bleeding like crazy not even aware untill someone points and says dude your bleeding .
But having said this once the injury has been attended to then the pain is pointless .
the next month i felt the pain from my crushed finger . No point in that was there .
But as Spock would say the pain is all in your mind the mind is all i control the pain .
you know what it works BUT man is it hard .

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That is why I think our bodies' design has been tampered with in the past. I mean... Chimpanzees 15 times stronger than us?

Some animals can destroy hard structures and not be hurt while we would be blown to dust, etc.

I would be inclined to agree. But at the same time, I'm amazed to see we are designed to do things that didn't even exist when we were created/appeared. Like hockey for example.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

( maybe he has never had a bad injury ?

Crushed in a roof fall as a coal miner. 2 years in the hospital, around 20 reconstructive surgeries on assorted bones and limbs. Rebuilt left ankle, left hip, left shin, right arm and a Cage fusion of 2 vertebrae in my lower back, along with massive cuts, bruising and swelling of just about everything else.
Nah. No bad injuries.
edit on 22-6-2017 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Humm well then shock just doest work for you .
Of corse there is only so much even shock can do and you sound like your at the edge of it . for the human bodys
desine it sucks ( that alone proves we evolved not created )
Our sewage and reproduction using the same system . And people think a god did it .
our upright walking causing back problems because we did not evolve to walk upright untill 200 million years later .
Our snot runs down into our lungs instead of out because we walk upright causing lung issues .
So many improvements could be done if you were a god and people really believe this was the perfect desine .
nature will try anything that works well enough to get you to the next generation
So no our bodys desine sucks ( what is teh point to having nerves in the teeth them self's anyway .

top topics

join