It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grassley blames Comey for false Trump narrative: ‘Played right into Russia’s hands’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In Thursday'sSenate hearing Charles Grassley called Comey out for for
fanning “conspiracy theories” about the U.S. election, saying he
“played right into Russia’s hands.”

Grassley had personally told Mr. Comey to reveal publicly what the FBI
director had told top congressional leaders, that Trump was not a target
in The Russia Probe; but Comey refused, letting the conspiracy widen.

He also accused Comey of interference in
The Criminal Probe of Hillary Clinton.

also accused Mr. Comey of working to “shade the truth” by agreeing to the Obama administration’s attempt to soft-pedal the criminal probe of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Grassley also accused Chuch Schumer of intentionally lying to the public
with the motivation of fanning the Russia narrative.

He said Democrats ended up fostering the very Russian meddling in American democracy that they decried — and he specifically fingered Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, saying the New York Democrat knew from Mr. Comey that Mr. Trump wasn’t under investigation, but told the public differently.

Mr. Grassley said that as a member of the “Gang of Eight” — the lawmakers who get the most thorough intelligence briefing — Mr. Schumer knew Mr. Trump wasn’t being probed. But Mr. Schumer “told the media that the president was under investigation. And of course that further helped feed media hysteria,” Mr. Grassley said.

www.washingtontimes.com...

So basically Comey lied, to give the Russia narrative time to take hold.

And Schumer lied to further the fake narrative, feeding the media hysteria.

Not looking good for Comey, and Lynch both under investigation!
edit on 22-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

After reading and listening to one of the only journalist outlets left, the Intercept, I've come to agree with many experts the only reason Russia may have done what many believe they did is to shake up our trust in this democracy.

If you try and look at it from the outside, Putin would likely have no gains from a Trump presidency.

And this has shown to be true so far.

So far this has only made a crippled Russia look more powerful than they are, and many on the left are keeping this narrative alive and well.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So far this has only made a crippled Russia look more powerful than they are, and many on the left are keeping this narrative alive and well.

So true, it is handing Russia the prize....
along with making the Democrats pawns.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So basically Comey lied, to give the Russia narrative time to take hold.

And Schumer lied to further the fake narrative, feeding the media hysteria.

Not looking good for Comey, and Lynch both under investigation!

That's okay, Trump just said about the Russian meddling, that "it was a Dem hoax" and then one his designated liars, said this:

"I think he’s made it clear and been consistent that while everyone agrees that the result of the election wasn’t influenced, he thinks that it probably was Russia"

So who is lying here? Really?

Lying Trump had his liars lie about the reason he fired Comey, including lying Pence, and then he went on national television and confessed to having fired Comey because of "this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story." Of course, he also told Comey that he wanted to know if any of his satellites were involved in anything untoward — a statement from Comey that has been frequently pointed to as showing that Trump didn't want to obstruct justice by frazzled Trump supporters trying their best to maintain the cognitive dissonance required to keep pretending that Trump isn't a liar.

That is of course when they're not saying that everything else Comey said is a lie and when they're not denying that the Russians meddled in our election because the President keeps saying that it's a hoax when he's not feigning concern behind closed doors.

But you're calling everyone else liars because lying Chuck Grassley said so. Got it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We all have the same evidence.

Personally I believe that they had some level of involvement. I doubt that it had much effect on the results.

Even if it did, it was the release of information we should have had access with FOIA, so in my mind trivial.

As for lying Trump, every president I've seen in my lifetime has been a liar. That doesn't make it right, but it sure doesn't make this anything new.

I stand by thinking giving Russia so much credit is more damaging than what has been done.

I also am no hypocrite, so until we stop meddling in elections (including our allies), forgive me for not being outraged.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What narrative is that?

That the Russians meddled in our election, including waging a disinformatzia campaign through pushing their own propaganda and select fake news via troll farms and social media bots? That the Russians hacked or tried to hack not just the DNC, DCCC, etc but dozens of election related sites? That Russians exfiltrated and later disseminated through proxies, witting or unwitting, documents, including emails?

I'm just curious what you believe and what you don't believe because your language is noncommittal. Basically it sounds like, "I'm not saying it happened but if it did, talking about makes it a success. So don't talk about it."

It's a little late in the day for that.

I imagine what's really putting a smile on Vlad's face is the fact that to this very day, President Trump is so concerned with his ego that he won't publically admit that the Russians did anything or that any of the above even occurred — except in rare moments of mealy-mouthed doublespeak that he will later contradict dozens of times on Twitter.

As though being in denial is a viable path forward. Trump's weakness — his fragile ego — is obvious and his weakness threatens to become ours if we don't take measures to ensure this isn't a continuing problem for our elections.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

After reading and listening to one of the only journalist outlets left, the Intercept, I've come to agree with many experts the only reason Russia may have done what many believe they did is to shake up our trust in this democracy.

If you try and look at it from the outside, Putin would likely have no gains from a Trump presidency.

And this has shown to be true so far.

From reading your posts I consider you a Classical Liberal and thus I try my best NOT to call Progressives, Liberals!!!

But you are correct! The only gain Putin would have from a Trump presidency would be a non deep state globalist that just might listen to a differing opinion and trying to work out the differences, versus hammering home a globalist agenda that would ONLY benefit those in POWER and not give a damn about the people just struggling to get by.

Not saying Trump is a savior, but when you look at the money thrown into the elections of the US, you can't help but wonder how a normal, uncompromised citizen can compete, when to be elected you need to have the support of those who already have control of the agenda being pushed?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I wonder if US politicians realize that the entire reputation of the US government as a legitimate and transparent body hangs in the balance and is now more toxic than ever before in history.

Everyone who is currently attacking Trump with the government sanctioned-narrative of "Russians', or 'Obstruction of Justice', or '2 scoops' is part of the problem facing America - they are sooooooooooo blinded by unfounded propaganda-driven hate for Trump that they cannot see (or, more likely, simply refuse or deny seeing) the lying liars who keep telling them to look in Trumps direction (whilst they quickly dispose of the evidence and dead bodies whilst you are distracted).

I am seeing the gallows in the distance - the DNC and all their lying enablers are about to hang themselves. At the end of the day, the Constitution requires full protection - lying politicians come and go but the Constitution is forever.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

there really isn't any pleasing you. LOL. Trump admits Russia may have been involved in hacks. You, yourself, did several extensive threads on why that was the case. There is also a new fact released that Russia did not alter or change the outcome of the election in any way. Both are consistent with what Trump said. He says enough dumb # you don't have to manufacture BS like this, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Soon, everyone will just ignore you and laugh. Don't be that guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think Russia certainly did some things, though what they did is unclear.

Hackers that are competent enough to pull that off can make their location reflect a different physical address.

Then you have to weigh in the wikileaks showing the CIA and NSA lost tools that many could use to subvert attention to another location.

Put a gun to my head and ask me if I think the Russian heads had involvement... Probably.

Many are calling this an attack, I call it retaliation (that doesn't justify it).

But look at post cold war and we continue to expand NATO onto the Russian border (with tens of thousands of NATO troops on the Russian border), and tell me they're the aggressors.

But they took Crimea against UN wishes, Crimea is mostly ethnic Russian. We did a similar scenerio with Iraq with no ramifications.

So we sanctioned and crushed Russia's economy. Are the rules different? If so please let me know.

At the end of the day we're in a soft engagement and have been with Russia, so forgive me for not being outraged they're playing the game we created.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I wonder if US politicians realize that the entire reputation of the US government as a legitimate and transparent body hangs in the balance and is now more toxic than ever before in history.

Everyone who is currently attacking Trump with the government sanctioned-narrative of "Russians', or 'Obstruction of Justice', or '2 scoops' is part of the problem facing America - they are sooooooooooo blinded by unfounded propaganda-driven hate for Trump that they cannot see (or, more likely, simply refuse or deny seeing) the lying liars who keep telling them to look in Trumps direction (whilst they quickly dispose of the evidence and dead bodies whilst you are distracted).

I am seeing the gallows in the distance - the DNC and all their lying enablers are about to hang themselves. At the end of the day, the Constitution requires full protection - lying politicians come and go but the Constitution is forever.

The Constitution will live as long as there are brave men and women who brave enough to fight for it! I think that is what has the college educated Cultural Marxist losing their minds at the moment!

Look at Farcebook, Twatter and YouTube, all HUGE 1 percenter Corporations who are pushing the narrative of the path the sheep should follow, and yet the real RESISTANCE of tyranny are those who are speaking truths to the lies and propaganda who are being silenced?

Yea, I love those who claim to be anti establishment seem to be the most useful idiots in the establishment actually accomplishing it's goals?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

From reading your posts I consider you a Classical Liberal and thus I try my best NOT to call Progressives, Liberals!!!

Haha, I won't take that as an insult, but I have no affiliation with any party or ideology. I have different opinions for every issue, I merely try and weigh all the facts I can gather objectively.

Back on point though, I expanded my thoughts on this in my reply to theantediluvian.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Even if it did, it was the release of information we should have had access with FOIA, so in my mind trivial.

FOIA in no way covers the DNC or DCCC emails or documents nor would it cover the private emails of John Podesta.

As for lying Trump, every president I've seen in my lifetime has been a liar. That doesn't make it right, but it sure doesn't make this anything new.

I was doing a little landscaping the other day. I dug several small holes for various plants. I'm sure you wouldn't come by and argue that I had dug the Grand Canyon in a flower bed. Trying to equate the amount of lying from Donald Trump to that of other recent presidents seems just about as absurd.

If you need another analogy. My first car cost around $700 and it was a 17 year-old beater. Ferraris are also cars. Therefore my first car was basically a Ferrari?

I also am no hypocrite, so until we stop meddling in elections (including our allies), forgive me for not being outraged.

So we Americans deserve to have our elections meddling at the hands of Russia because we've meddled in other elections? What does Russia deserve for meddling in ours and those of all the other nations they've meddled in?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

My statement on the FOIA largely pertained to Hillary as most was incriminating towards her, and she had a private email server to hide from it.

As for your opinions on Trump, I won't argue with you as I don't like him or defend him. I just try and stay objective and don't fall for the ramped up accusations sold as fact. But if they become fact ill join you.

That being said I see how you just skimmed past my statement showing they're not aggressors.

If they had soldiers on our borders, than we would surely do many things to hinder them as a power.

You tell me how you'd like to respond to their actions assuming we can prove it (keep on mind I as well think they surely had some involvement).

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

there really isn't any pleasing you. LOL. Trump admits Russia may have been involved in hacks. You, yourself, did several extensive threads on why that was the case. There is also a new fact released that Russia did not alter or change the outcome of the election in any way. Both are consistent with what Trump said. He says enough dumb # you don't have to manufacture BS like this, it's like the boy who cried wolf. Soon, everyone will just ignore you and laugh. Don't be that guy.

You've seemingly got an unlimited supply of trumpologies and all sorts of unsolicited advice for me. It's always nice to be held to a much higher standard than the President.

Trump will not just come right out and say that the Russians meddled in our election.

Let me remind you of eight years of right-wing screeching about Obama, echoed by Trump repeatedly during the campaign. The argument I've heard for years from "conservatives" is that Obama was in some way to blame for "emboldening" terrorists because he wouldn't use the words "radical Islamic terrorism."

I'm sure you remember that right? Surely you do. That was just a label. The current President doesn't have the character to even admit to that the events took place. To be really analogous, Obama would have had to continually cast doubt on whether or not acts of terrorism has even occurred in the first place.

So not only do you hold me to a higher standard than you do the President, you hold the previous president to an absurdly higher standard than you do Trump as well.

I think I could be forgiven for believing that when it comes to Trump, there's nothing he could do that would draw more than the most superficial criticism from you. But I'll be sure to strongly consider your admonitions concerning my own objectivity.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Has Sen. Schumer made any response to what Sen. Grassley has said?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

My statement on the FOIA largely pertained to Hillary as most was incriminating towards her, and she had a private email server to hide from it.

Except that's not what was released so that's really not a very good argument on your part. How many of the emails released were authored by Clinton? .05%? How many came from the server? None?

If they had soldiers on our borders, than we would surely do many things to hinder them as a power.

The way I look at it, we're in the midst of an information war that has just heated up drastically and one that won't be going away anytime soon. With that in mind, you could say that their soldiers aren't lined up on our border, they're in our country.

You tell me how you'd like to respond to their actions assuming we can prove it (keep on mind I as well think they surely had some involvement).

For one, we shouldn't act as though it didn't happen. It should rightly color our relations with Russia. Ignoring it makes us look weak. Like a school bully slapped us, took our lunch money and we're pretending it didn't happen. We should be strongly focused on hardening our networks and our systems. Before the election, the same threat actors were in a number of non-secure government systems. But it needs to be expanded beyond that to protecting our infrastructure writ large, our businesses, etc.

Some of this is a real shift in attitude among all Americans that is long overdue. Scaremonger us with terrorism and some of us will line up to hand over our rights. This is a pervasive threat — arguably a much more serious threat — but because there are no clouds of dust and bloodied bodies, we still have people including Podesta who fall for phishing emails.

I'd go so far as to say that the basics of security are things we should be teaching kids in school along with other tech related courses.

In terms of direct response. I would say that we need to keep removing sanctions off the table for the time being and we need to be clear as to why that is happening. In fact, more sanctions. A week ago, the Senate passed a bill by a vote of what? 97-1? to impose additional sanctions.

We have excellent offensive cyber capabilities. I could think of a few demonstrations of this power that fall far short of kicking off WWIII.

But even aside from all of that, Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America. On the world stage, he speaks for us. How does it reflect on us that the President continues to dance around this? And how many people, people in this thread, Trump supporters, would in an INSTANT stop denying Russian meddling the very moment Trump came out and said he'd seen the latest evidence and was "now convinced."

He could do it that way and save face and instead of us fighting one another over what really comes down to Trump protecting his ego, we could at least be unified on this front. Hell, I'd be more than willing to commend him for it.

Don't you think that would effectively and in large part, mitigate the success of the attack?

Wasn't part of the allure of Donald Trump supposed to be that he was a "brawler" and the was going to "fight for everyday Americans" and all this other crap? He can get on Twitter and talk smack to the mayor of London in the wake of a terrorist attack. He can on a whim attack any American politician, reporter, media outlet, company, individual, etc but he's yet to this day to have one bad thing to say about Putin and quite to the contrary.
edit on 2017-6-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Has Sen. Schumer made any response to what Sen. Grassley has said?

He is waiting for some spoiled onions so he can shed fake tears and say, "It is mean spirited yada yada yada"!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's okay, Trump just said about the Russian meddling, that "it was a Dem hoax"

And it was a hoax!

The DNC refused to allow the "hacked" server to be examined
by the FBI and DHS, there is zero proof that was Russia.
There were no votes changed!

So the " Russia" narrative that Trump
colluded, and votes were " hacked" is false!

Comey interfered, lying for Lorett Lynch and Clinton.
He perpetrated the hoax in his refusal to set the record straight!

Schumer flat out lied!

It is too much for you to see the truth, too much
time invested in the false conspiracy theories???

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It is my opinion that the Dems are hell bent on destroying
the constitution, and the country. This Russia narrative is just
a convenient cover story. Gone is the presumption
of innocence, away with freedom of speech, make
powerless the judicial branch, and many other insidious
undermining. And they get rich while doing it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join